17.5k 2 set 7 rep

total set = 10

Concentration curl

7x7 15k completed :slight_smile:

Decline chest fly

7x7 10k completed :slight_smile:

Kickbacks

7X7 10k completed :slight_smile:

Had a good workout yesterday, felt nice doing dumbells, which ive been neglecting pretty much since ive started. Cant wait to go pull some weight on monday. Untill then ill get some good nutrition in, and a cycle today.

NOTE when i do 7x7 of one arm exercises, i do 7x7 for each arm.

Day 1 completed yesterday.

Deads

100k 3 rep
100k 3 rep
100k 3 rep
120k 1 rep

total set - 4

Bent over dumbell rows

25k 5 sets
20k 2 sets

total set - 7

Lat pull downs

7 sets (the weight roughly was about 40ishk)

Upright Row DB

12.5k 7 set

Front Raise DB

10k 7 set

Overall went pretty well yesterday. I allways feel discomfort in my left shoulder whilst doing front raise, and upright row, but particularly the front raise whilst your trying to control the weight on the way down, my left allways just seems to buckle. Ive decided only to go halfway on them now, because you dont swing as much and have more control on the weight + you have to stop the weight at halfway which targets the problem area i have, this problem will get fixed.

I did try 130k but it still felt glued to the ground, i might go on a de-load next week for my deadlifting, depending on how i feel.

Do some cardio today, and REMEMBER TO STRETCH goddamit.

And no more ******* carb binges.

NOTE upping the protein consumption to 200+ grams a day has really benefited me, i feel well, though it hasnt been very long i look slimmer, and my muscles seem to have grown quite a bit (no more can you ‘miss’ my bicep whilst looking at my arm ;p), i also feel a little stronger :). (1 week and a day since ive been doing this)

Thats all folks :slight_smile:

Day 2 Completed.

Squat (back)

85k 7 rep
85k 7 rep
80k 7 rep
80k 7 rep
80k 7 rep
75k 7 rep
70k 7 rep

total set - 7

Leg press

7x7 complete

Back leg extension

7x7 complete

Front leg extension

7x7 complete

(i know i mentioned switching this with good mornings, but i really dont like them, i feel that it works my lower back more than anything, so i sticked with front leg extensions, simply lowered the weight and focused more on the hams whilst moving the weight)

Kepted a nice strict form with the squatting today and didnt encounter any problems like i did last week. Todays sessions went ABC, got in and did the work, nothing more to say, not in pain or anything.

NOTE Need to order more protein.

Hello,

Slight stiffnes, numbness in my legs today, legs feel good overall, might skip cardio today if last week is anything to learn from. Last week i had the same sensation, no stiffness untill the next day after leg day and i decided to do cardio and the stifness got really bad and lasted for like 3 days.

Or cycle light.

:slight_smile:

Day 3 complete yesterday.

Decline dumbel press

22.5k 5 sets (failed on the sixth, didnt count it)
20k 5 sets

Concentration curl

17.5k 5 set

dumbell curl

7.5k 3 set

:slight_smile: nice pump

Decline chest flye

10k 7-8 (lost count ;o)

Kickback

10k 7 set

As allways friday went well, over and out.

;D

Day 1 complete.

Dead

90k 4 rep
90k 4 rep
90k 4 rep
90k 4 rep
70k 5 rep
70k 5 rep
70k 5 rep

Went on a de-load, focusing more on not using the mixed grip, and trying to perfect form.

Dumbell rows laying on bench, (was using the leg press seat to do this, perfect for the task)

15k 7 set

these were better than bent over dumbells, felt that i kepted a better form and could feel my upper back, rear delt lats, generally all my back work better.

Dumbell upright row

10k 7 set

Lat pull downs

7-8 sets on the machine

Front raise

10k 7-8 set

Lowered the weight a bit today, and focused on perfecting form and contracting the correct muscle groups for the specific movements. My left shoulder felt more stable today, doing front raises halfway is helping, also going slightly wider on the upright felt more comfortable.

My back feel likes its been worked, and i feel good :slight_smile: over and out.

Day 2 complete

Squat (back)

85k 7 rep
85k 7 rep
80k 7 rep
80k 7 rep
80k 7 rep
70k 7 rep
60k 7 rep (bah shoulda rested a bit more and hit 70 again)

total set - 7

Leg press

7 set complete

Front leg extension

7 set complete

back leg extension

7 set complete

shifting 85k up and down felt a little more easier, but i hit a wall on the 4th set of the squat, am not a 100% suffering with a cold, which seems to have cleared up after my session.

just a lil pissed about hitting 60k instead of 70 on the last set ;p.

Train harder, eat like a bear.

Day 3 complete yesterday.

When i first picked up the 17.5k’s to warm up, i felt weak, this might be down to my proetin intake (and my general diet), which has suffered for last 2 days and will so, am on my last few scoops and i need to get more, which wont be possible untill about a week. So i might train light next week, or relax (am due a week off to be honest), but anyway the workout :slight_smile:

Decline dumbell press

22.5k 4 set
20k 1
17.5k 2 set

strict bicep curls

12.5k 2 set
10k 5 set

Decline chest fly

10k 3 set
7.5k 4 set

Pushdowns (didnt even attempt kickbacks to fatigued)

7 sets

Yeah so overall things didnt got plan yesterday. My plan of action will be to take it easy over the next week, and to ram in as much food as possible :).

Train soft, maintain, grow, and eat well.

;p

*****IMPORTANT NOTE

I have decided to take a week off which was pretty convenient since my protein just finished, i went through 4 tubs this meaning trained for about 3-4 months consistently.

NOTEWITHIN A NOTE* I now look at that figure and know i should take time off more frequently, to be honest when i thought about this i was quite shocked and disapointed in myself, i really should not be training for that long with no substantial break its martyrism ;p, man time fly’s, i defo did not plan when i should take a back burner in my plan, this needs to be corrected immediatly, this is probably hindering my progress, i should absolutelty start periodazation and reading into it, in generall my organising and planning skills need to improve.

I think i was on the brink of the stage of my body going into organic deteration, perhaps even mental :p, so a week off was needed. Man i gotta say half way through and i feel great, my body hasnt felt this good in weeks lol, really suprised how i feel all loose, with a spring in my step, just a good feeling of well being generally.

I did some active recovery with weights today, rep range of 20, 2 sets of each exercise, quite alot of different exercises (bench, curls, pulldowns, leg press etc etc), and thats the only visit to the gym this week.

Man i needed this week off, that has been justified indeed. Otherwise all ive been doing and will be doing, is my cardio and stretching.

**FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Day 1 completed yesterday.

Dead

90k 5x5

Everything else completed 7x7. Left shoulder felt stable whilst doing front raises yesterday. When upright rowing i should control the weight more when its going down, and not just drop it, basically keep a stricter form, i hurt something yesterday around my shoulder blade area, nothing major though, feels better today.

[[[[[[[Training Period began on - September 1, 2008]]]]]]]

I have decied to drop the target volume to 5x5 for this period of training, due to a few reasons such as, not mentally as focused as i was on training atm, my body is screaming out to me to lower the volume litereally aswell :p.

NOTE
If am working 5x5 this means this period is tainted more towards strengh, i havent ajusted anything else.

Day 2

Squat

85k 7 rep (this is before i decided to cut down 5x5 for this period ;p)
85k 7 rep
75k 5 rep
70k 5 rep

total set 5

everything else done 5x5

Day 3

Bench decline/flat(back on the ol barbell)

65k 5 rep
65k 5 rep
60k 5 rep
60k 5 rep
55k 5 rep

total set 5

Standing Bicep curl

4 set 12.5k 14 rep a set
1 set 10k 14 rep a set

Decline Chest flye

2 set 10k 7 reps
3 set 7.5k 10 reps

Close grip bench

4 set 45k 5 rep
1 set 40k 5 rep

You can see again the volume differs here and there, the reason for this is i tend to stick to the agreed 5x5 for the compound lifts, and be more free about the volume of isolation exercises, since am using a lighter weight it makes sense to do more volume to get sufficent stimulus.

Had really bad doms this week in my legs, my god the worst ever, still hurting today not as much though, i didnt go out yesterday because of this and only just about manged to ‘walk’ myself to the gym and back.

Oh and my benching was pretty level yesterday, chuffed about that :slight_smile:

got a bit lazy this week, hence the two days sandwiched together ;p

training heavy gets u big, getting big gets u strong:)

DAy 1 complete

DEad

95k 5 rep
95k 5 rep
95k 5 rep
90k 5 rep
90k 5 rep

total set 5

Using standard grip, because i wanna be able to crush apples with my bare hands :wink: better pump imo aswell.

Dumbell Row

17.5k 5 rep
20k 8 rep
20k 5 rep
17.5k 5 rep
17.5k 5 rep

total set 5

Front Raise

10k 8 rep, 5 sets

Upright ROw Dumbells

12.5k 8 rep, 5 sets

Lat pull downs

Machine stacked with extra 15k dumbell, so approx about 40k and dropped down to level 10 8 rep, 5 set

Today went very well, i had one of my lets say ‘motivated’ friends come with me, my usal gym buddy couldnt make it ;p yeah so the workout was kept in check, best back day ive had for a while, feel nicely worked.

Shoulders felt great today, all my shoulder exercises went without a ‘hitch’ :wink:

Deveolping brilliant grip strengh is a fundamental, which ive noticed, dont use gloves which ive come to learn, but on the most part the gloves were handy in beginning to slowly develop my skin, and still come in handy when things do get a bit 2 scabby ;p

Feel great today, woke up wanting to deadlift more, which is good cuz am trying to cut down the amount of stress in my workout this period to see the diffrence, also my back felt worked baby!

Squat tomorrow cant wait, am enjoying this 5x5 so far, not as burdening as my 7x7 days ;p

i think the 7x7 was a great anobolic monster to do for my body to get it into gear, now am just cruising for a bit on 5x5, since i am still prety much a begginer, i think the was great 7x7 just to finally tell my body whats going on here ;p

Ill have a cycle today, now am going for breakfast which is a chicken (15-20g) and tuna (1 tin) salad, in a nice loaf (the bun is about a size of a mini loaf of bread) lol i cant w8 :stuck_out_tongue: its one of my personal favs

over and out

Day 2 complete yesterday

Squat

85k 5 rep
85k 5 rep
85k 5 rep
80k 5 rep
80k 5 rep

total set 5

Leg press

5x5, (all sets done with max weight on the machine)

Back Leg Extesnion

5 set, 8 rep (did level 3 for 3 sets and dropped down for 2, for the 2 remaining sets ;p)

Front leg extension

5 set, 8 rep (went up to level 5)

Oh man were can i start, am loving this 5x5 setup so far, its reall smooth, you leave the fifth set nicely fatigued and wanting more, unlike my 7x7 which on the last set usually you get a mental punch because of how fatigued you are, and how you looked like a bag of potatoes on that last set. But kicking it into high gear has its place.

No doms today, legs feel nice, real nice.

Light weight baby!!! ;p

What kind of a program are you doing now?

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
What kind of a program are you doing now?[/quote]

Its my own program, ive designed to suit certain goals of mine at the moment, to smoothen out inbalances whilst also adding the 3 granddy’s of compounds to add mass and strengh.

This is why incorporate, isolation and compound. As a begging lifter (9 months experience) i noticed my faults, and planned what i should be aiming for, which was to cure muscle/strengh imbalances as soon as possible (which is very common for begginers) with unilatreal/isolation work, and as said above strengh which is imperative.

Most people say to follow a experinced trainers program, which i cannot disagree with, but am quite creative and usually like doing things my way, untill some1 else tells me better, or i realize it :wink: i think trial and error is one of the paths to self enlightenment ;p

So my programs a mix of hypertrophy and strengh to label it, hope that answeres your question :slight_smile:

Day 3 Complete (Friday)

Bench Decline

65k 5 rep
65k 5 rep
65k 5 rep
65k 5 rep
60k 5 rep

total set 5

Standing Bicep Curls

15k 8 rep
15k 8 rep
15k 8 rep

total set 3

Standing Hammer Curls

15k 8 rep
15k 8 rep - DROP SET - 10k, 10 rep, 5k, 15 rep

total set 2

Chest Fly

10k 8 rep
12.5k 8 rep
7.5k 10 rep
7.5k 10 rep
7.5k 10 rep
7.5k 10 rep

total set 6

EZ bar close grips

28k (ish) 10 rep
28k 10 rep
28k 10 rep
28k 10 rep
28k 7 rep

total set 5

Rope Pushdowns

20k 10 rep
20k 10 rep
20k 10 rep
20k 10 rep

total set 4

Good workout yesterday, happy about my bench, the last set of th bench was a killer, especially the last 2 reps, the second from last one was like a failure rep, and the last one a death rep, but i wasnt letting that son of a ***** bounce down onto my chest, i wanted clean marks! ;p

The Ez bar close grips were great, i was really squeezing the hell out of the bar and i could really feel my tri’s working. At first i did them because some1 was using the bench, but they turned out great.

You may of noticed i had some added work today, but since beginging the 5x5 i finish my workouts in much less time 30-35 minutes, but my training bud wants to stay a bit longer, so i get bored :stuck_out_tongue:

I allways enter my workouts with guidelines and not rules anyways :wink:

Over and Out

Day 1 complete

Dead

100k 5 rep
100k 5 rep
100k 5 rep
95k 3 rep FAIL
90k 5 rep
90k 5 rep

Total Set 5

Dumbell Row

20k 5 rep
20k 5 rep
20k 5 rep
17.5k 5 rep
17.k 5 rep

Total Set 5

Front Raise

10k 5x5 complete :slight_smile:

Upright Dumbell Row

15k 8 rep
15k 8 rep
15k 8 rep
15k 8 rep
10k 8 rep

total set 5

Lat Pulldowns (Front/Back)

Total set 10

Deadlifting and squatting barefooted is way better, i forgot to mention last week that i tried squatting bare footed for the first time, and hell my ROM (i think thats the term) way better, balance, push, everything better, i dont slide and land on the balls of my feet, i recommend going barefooted on these.

Yup Yup happy with today, damn that was light.

Day 2 complete

Squat

85k 5 rep
85k 5 rep
85k 5 rep
85k 5 rep
90k 5 rep

Total Set - 5

Leg Press

5x5 complete (+15k plate stacked on top)

Back Leg Extension

8x8 complete (lvl 3 for 3 set, lvl 2 for 5)

Front leg extension

5x8 complete (level 5 for two sets, lvl 4 for 3)

Man i fly through my leg routine, so ive added stretching at the end of this workout (might consider good mornings again). I cant put into words how i feel, it would be a 2 page essay, and i could embarrass myself, but one thing i can put into words is, something is working here.

Shut up, and Squat.