Train More Frequently...

Why don’t you people come to your senses? You have been calling me an idiot for quite some time, and yet, there are certain obvious things in training that you guys can’t grasp… Let me illustrate…

Who are the strongest and most powerful athletes in the world? Olympic weightlifters

Which countries dominated olympic weightlifting? It used to be America. The York barbell gym was a breeding ground of elite olympic weightlifters… During the 1950’s and 1960’s, the Soviet Union started kicking America’s ass… Which were dominated by the Bulgarians during the 1970’s and 1980’s. During that time, the most successful countries in the sport were the Soviet Union, Bulgarians, at almost all (if not all???) the eastern european counties.

What do they do? They all train at a ridiculous amount of frequency… (and no, it’s not just the bulgarians)

How did they survive the ridiculous workload? Incremential increases in frequency. YOU CANNOT SEND A 12 YEAR OLD IN A TRAINING CAMP THAT HAS YOU LIFTING MAX WEIGHTS 3 TIMES A DAY!!! DUUUHHHH!!!

How else did they survive? Drugs, and having phenomenal genetics… lol. Yeah right. I can see how biomechanical advantages can make a huge difference in lifting performance. I can also see how steroids can get you buff… Who the hell cares? Being able to recruit up to 90% of your motor units requires training, sleeping, AND NOTHING ELSE!!! Neuromuscular coordination is the most trainable physical attribute ever.

Why not train with a high frequency? Why? Are you afraid. Strap your cock on and start squatting atleast 3 days a week… atleast…

So what’s your excuse for not taking your own brilliant and never-been-observed-before-by-anyone-in-the-history-of-the-world pearls of wisdom and actually doing a snatch or…gasp… a clean&jerk? You plan on doing snatch-grip deads and front squats right up to the Olympic gold medal platform? That would be quite a neat trick. Your clearly not afraid of doing them, and you obviously know everything there is to know about technique and training so please enlighten us as to why we never see the classic lifts come up in your training, much less with high frequency.

until your own numbers are respectable, can you really “know” anything? You may have read things, but you have not felt, seen, or been a part of it in any way

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
So what’s your excuse for not taking your own brilliant and never-been-observed-before-by-anyone-in-the-history-of-the-world pearls of wisdom and actually doing a snatch or…gasp… a clean&jerk? You plan on doing snatch-grip deads and front squats right up to the Olympic gold medal platform? That would be quite a neat trick. Your clearly not afraid of doing them, and you obviously know everything there is to know about technique and training so please enlighten us as to why we never see the classic lifts come up in your training, much less with high frequency.[/quote]

This is another major problem as to why alot of trainees suck. They pay waaay too much attention to specificity. Some people think that you can raise your deadlift by X pounds, and your squat won’t go up unless you train it… BULLSHIT!!! Sure, it may not instantly raise your squat poundage, but that doesn’t mean that it won’t have an indirect effect… Take for example, the barbell row. A stronger upper back usually leads to a more stable squat. It won’t magically add X pounds on your squat, but it does have an indirect effect that can make things easier for you…

Have you ever heard of the 600 pound clean and jerk? No? Me neither because there is no such thing. The world have yet to see a 600 pound clean and jerk in an olympic weightlifting competition. Do you think it would be possible for someone to be able to clean and jerk 600 pounds without being able to front squat ATLEAST!!! atleast… 774 pounds! NO!! By raising your front squat and deadlift, you increase your potential for a massive clean and jerk. Of course, it may not add up instantly to the poundage of the classical lifts, and who knows? Maybe you may actually develop wrong motor habits that can potentially ruin your C&J technique, but who cares? Atleast you know that your body is capable of clean and jerking X pounds cause you front squat Y pounds… That is why I never do the olympic lifts…

And another thing, there is a theory that the more exercises you do, the slower your progress is gonna be with those exercises. There have been experts who have been practicing this theory… They may not know what it is, but they practice it. Smolov has you squatting without some form of lower body assistance exercise. Abhadjiev have made his athletes snatch, clean and jerk, and front squat throughout their entire careers. Stephan Korte believes that in order to develop the muscles for powerlifting, you have to do the powerlifts and nothing else. Tudor Bompa wrote in one of his books that when training with heavy loads, you should never, EVER do more than 5 exercises a session. Glenn Pendlay once stated that IF YOU WERE TO ACTUALLY DROP THE SNATCH AND THE CLEAN AND JERK (and/or other hang/power variations) IN A WEIGHTLIFTER’S ROUTINE, HIS SQUAT WOULD SHOOT THROUGH THE ROOF… It just so happens that he does not train someone to become a better squatter, but rather, a better weightlifter… Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength routine has you doing the squat, bench press, power clean, AND NOTHING ELSE!!!..

Heck, even Louie Simmons, who is known for having his lifters train with TONS of assistance exercises only has you lifting max weights with 2 exercises a week.

A cold hard fact that is sadly unknown to many iron game enthusiasts is that even though powerlifting is the one and only sport that tests your limit strength, olympic weightlifters have a higher level of limit strength than powerlifters… And those guys don’t even focus on the powerlifts. HOW SAD IS THAT!!!

It’s time the world of ironlifting starts listening to me no matter how arrogant I am. I am probably the only person who has seen these things, because I believe that if ANY OF YOU T-Nation members have realized these things early on, you’re love for strength sports will urge you to do the same thing that I have been trying to do in here since the moment I logged in at T-Nation…

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES PEOPLE!!! The only person who’s making sense right now is ME, and I’m not even an advanced lifter…

Please… forgive me arrogance. If you wanna follow my journey, then you are more than welcome to…

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
So what’s your excuse for not taking your own brilliant and never-been-observed-before-by-anyone-in-the-history-of-the-world pearls of wisdom and actually doing a snatch or…gasp… a clean&jerk? You plan on doing snatch-grip deads and front squats right up to the Olympic gold medal platform? That would be quite a neat trick. Your clearly not afraid of doing them, and you obviously know everything there is to know about technique and training so please enlighten us as to why we never see the classic lifts come up in your training, much less with high frequency.[/quote]

This is another major problem as to why alot of trainees suck. They pay waaay too much attention to specificity. Some people think that you can raise your deadlift by X pounds, and your squat won’t go up unless you train it… BULLSHIT!!! Sure, it may not instantly raise your squat poundage, but that doesn’t mean that it won’t have an indirect effect… Take for example, the barbell row. A stronger upper back usually leads to a more stable squat. It won’t magically add X pounds on your squat, but it does have an indirect effect that can make things easier for you…

Have you ever heard of the 600 pound clean and jerk? No? Me neither because there is no such thing. The world have yet to see a 600 pound clean and jerk in an olympic weightlifting competition. Do you think it would be possible for someone to be able to clean and jerk 600 pounds without being able to front squat ATLEAST!!! atleast… 774 pounds! NO!! By raising your front squat and deadlift, you increase your potential for a massive clean and jerk. Of course, it may not add up instantly to the poundage of the classical lifts, and who knows? Maybe you may actually develop wrong motor habits that can potentially ruin your C&J technique, but who cares? Atleast you know that your body is capable of clean and jerking X pounds cause you front squat Y pounds… That is why I never do the olympic lifts…

And another thing, there is a theory that the more exercises you do, the slower your progress is gonna be with those exercises. There have been experts who have been practicing this theory… They may not know what it is, but they practice it. Smolov has you squatting without some form of lower body assistance exercise. Abhadjiev have made his athletes snatch, clean and jerk, and front squat throughout their entire careers. Stephan Korte believes that in order to develop the muscles for powerlifting, you have to do the powerlifts and nothing else. Tudor Bompa wrote in one of his books that when training with heavy loads, you should never, EVER do more than 5 exercises a session. Glenn Pendlay once stated that IF YOU WERE TO ACTUALLY DROP THE SNATCH AND THE CLEAN AND JERK (and/or other hang/power variations) IN A WEIGHTLIFTER’S ROUTINE, HIS SQUAT WOULD SHOOT THROUGH THE ROOF… It just so happens that he does not train someone to become a better squatter, but rather, a better weightlifter… Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength routine has you doing the squat, bench press, power clean, AND NOTHING ELSE!!!..

Heck, even Louie Simmons, who is known for having his lifters train with TONS of assistance exercises only has you lifting max weights with 2 exercises a week.

A cold hard fact that is sadly unknown to many iron game enthusiasts is that even though powerlifting is the one and only sport that tests your limit strength, olympic weightlifters have a higher level of limit strength than powerlifters… And those guys don’t even focus on the powerlifts. HOW SAD IS THAT!!!

It’s time the world of ironlifting starts listening to me no matter how arrogant I am. I am probably the only person who has seen these things, because I believe that if ANY OF YOU T-Nation members have realized these things early on, you’re love for strength sports will urge you to do the same thing that I have been trying to do in here since the moment I logged in at T-Nation…

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES PEOPLE!!! The only person who’s making sense right now is ME, and I’m not even an advanced lifter…

Please… forgive me arrogance. If you wanna follow my journey, then you are more than welcome to…

[quote]ekrim wrote:
until your own numbers are respectable, can you really “know” anything? You may have read things, but you have not felt, seen, or been a part of it in any way [/quote]

The human brain is the most intelligent thing in the world. Why not take advantage of it? People are very capable of learning how to properly squat without squatting…

Let me repeat that…

PEOPLE ARE VERY CAPABLE OF SQUATTING, SNATCHING, CURLING, JERKING, PRESSING, JUMPING, HUMPING, LICKING, CUMMING WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS. It’s called visualization… You may not be capable of doing it, but it doesn’t mean that you do not know how to do it. A guy in here once said that his coach told him that “I can teach you how to snatch, but it would take a lifetime for you to learn them.” I know how to instruct an athlete how to perfectly execute a power clean even though I myself, am not even sure if I can actually do it right… I’ve done it before with my friends. All I really needed is my brilliance (which has yet to be gratified by you people) and my vision.

Lifting weights will not teach you anything. Believe me, I’ve tried… Squatting didn’t tell me that by using 50% of my max for sets of 3 reps, my explosive strength will improve. Bench pressing didn’t teach me that my upper back plays a huge role in stabilizing the barbell… Those are all learned by reading brilliant articles written by the likes of Dave Tate, MarauderMeat, Louie Simmons, Yuri Verkhoshansky, etc…

squat at least 3 days a week? you call that high frequency? ← lolz

How about, “shut up more frequently”? Ever tried that particular method?

This can’t be serious.

[quote]adarqui wrote:
squat at least 3 days a week? you call that high frequency? ← lolz

[/quote]

Which is why I emphasized ATLEAST…

Plus, with today’s standards, 3 days a weak is high frequency. There are alot of people who only does their main movement (such as an ME exercise) once a week! And what about other 5x5 trainees who only shoots for a PR once a week??? What about bodypart split routine enthusiasts? GVT? HIT? etc?

Squat one time a week with high weight low reps and 90 sec rests and you won’t be able to squat more than once a week. Its call recovery and training

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
ekrim wrote:
until your own numbers are respectable, can you really “know” anything? You may have read things, but you have not felt, seen, or been a part of it in any way

The human brain is the most intelligent thing in the world. Why not take advantage of it? People are very capable of learning how to properly squat without squatting…

Let me repeat that…

PEOPLE ARE VERY CAPABLE OF SQUATTING, SNATCHING, CURLING, JERKING, PRESSING, JUMPING, HUMPING, LICKING, CUMMING WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS. It’s called visualization… You may not be capable of doing it, but it doesn’t mean that you do not know how to do it. A guy in here once said that his coach told him that “I can teach you how to snatch, but it would take a lifetime for you to learn them.” I know how to instruct an athlete how to perfectly execute a power clean even though I myself, am not even sure if I can actually do it right… I’ve done it before with my friends. All I really needed is my brilliance (which has yet to be gratified by you people) and my vision.

Lifting weights will not teach you anything. Believe me, I’ve tried… Squatting didn’t tell me that by using 50% of my max for sets of 3 reps, my explosive strength will improve. Bench pressing didn’t teach me that my upper back plays a huge role in stabilizing the barbell… Those are all learned by reading brilliant articles written by the likes of Dave Tate, MarauderMeat, Louie Simmons, Yuri Verkhoshansky, etc… [/quote]
Lifting weights will not teach you anything. Really? How do you know how fast you recover? Some people get away with doing more some people have bit worse recovery. Your saying you recover is the same as most professional athletes? To say that Lifting weights will not teach you anything is idiotic . How do you know what rep range gives you the best hypertrophy gains? How do you know whether your better at deadlifting sumo or conventional? Maybe you have to deadlift every week to make progress maybe you only need to deadlift every two weeks. Your so called vision is delusional. Your give 2009 members a bad rep.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
ekrim wrote:

Let me repeat that…

Lifting weights will not teach you anything. Believe me, I’ve tried… Squatting didn’t tell me that by using 50% of my max for sets of 3 reps, my explosive strength will improve. Bench pressing didn’t teach me that my upper back plays a huge role in stabilizing the barbell… Those are all learned by reading brilliant articles written by the likes of Dave Tate, MarauderMeat, Louie Simmons, Yuri Verkhoshansky, etc… [/quote]

There is nothing wrong with learning things through reading, but it is no substitute for actually doing. You’re what I like to call an “internet guru.” You have read through the literature of the big names, picking ideas which appeal to you and then profess them online as if you’re not a beginner yourself. Until you have used any program, method, or exercise and have seen first hand how effective it is, you are blindly preaching and that’s not going to earn you respect from anyone.

I suggest you get over your habit of arguing with people who actually understand strength building.

Copied from a Maraudermeat post…

“i’m putting out a plee to my fellow T-Nation brothers and sisters, PLEASE stop responding to this little boy. He seriously needs a ton more time to grow up before he has earned the right to be here. If he posts, for the love of God let it go. everytime i see his name it makes my eye twitch a little.”

Please heed the plea.
Lol unfortunately I didn’t come across this until after I posted

I’m afraid that I am going to become a wicked strong internet lifter like you, Type 2.

wtf is all this.

Too much to read anyhow.

You writing all that? If so, good for you. I’m out.

I honestly got a little sick reading this. Wish the mods could do something about this…

“Lifting weights will not teach you anything” im pretty sure if you spent more time under the bar and less time spamming our forums and rimming yourself cause you read alot you might actually have an opinion worth listning to…

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
ekrim wrote:

Let me repeat that…

when youre lifting big weights like 300-400kg squat then you cant squat 3 x a week, oly lifters dont train heavy around 70-80%, and they have a poor bench press and poor deadlift, if they trained bench and deadlift heavy 3 x a week also, their oly lifts will go down,

they train for speed which is why they can train squat more often, and oly lifts can be trained everyday, powerlifters cant always train for speed on bench plus assistance work needs to be taken heavy

anyway havent you heard of sheiko, light weights heavy volume obv makes it tough, but who says this is best way to train, in powerlifting Andy Bolton is best lifter, he trained squat bench deadlift once a week, end of,

OP YOURE CHATTING OUT OF YOUR ASS but I can understand how you feel as I thought like this also at one time

in defence of TYPE2B.

He is not entirly wrong, training yor total body often can work fine. The thing he does wrong is the way he advocates it. Has he sad him self, he is way too arrogant. Even so, its stupid to so many mebmers who youst gives him crap, without arguing what he is saying. Som like powerlifter100 and lift or die. but others yust gather around like a mob too look at the “freak”

( I am from norway, so my english is not perfect, hope you dont give me crap because of this )