T Nation

Trailer for New Friday the 13th Remake

http://friday-the-13th–trailer.blogspot.com/

Will it suck? Does it matter? It is a Friday the 13th movie after all. Your thoughts?

lol…I had thought about posting that. Well I thought the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty good…and the guys behind that are doing this…so it could be interesting.

But after so many Friday The 13th’s,what else can you do with it???

I will see this before that:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehauntinginconnecticut/

Jason X was a fine film. “We just love pre-marital sex!”

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
lol…I had thought about posting that. Well I thought the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty good…and the guys behind that are doing this…so it could be interesting.

But after so many Friday The 13th’s,what else can you do with it???

I will see this before that:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehauntinginconnecticut/

[/quote]

I think slasher flicks are out of style. I would like to see them totally revamp the Freddy Krueger character and update him than this. Maybe they will surprise me.

I liked The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake when I first saw it…but it doesn’t have lasting appeal to view it over and over aside from Biel’s ass in jeans. The best remake to date is still Dawn of the Dead.

If it’s scary and not C-List, I have probably seen it or will see it at least once…even Fri the 13.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The best remake to date is still Dawn of the Dead.[/quote]

Damn straight.

I will be going to see the new Friday the 13th. Even though I was totaly let down by Freddy vs Jason. I had such high hopes for that one… I remember going to the theater that day. I had planned it ALL WEEK! Got there 20 minutes early, 2 boxes of raisinettes and an XL popcorn…

Some of it was pretty good, but overall… total let down.

I am hoping they won’t repeat the mistakes of FvJ with the new Friday the 13th. Still going to go see it though. Friday the 13th movies were a STAPLE of my childhood.

The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was good, the prequel to the remake was total shit though. I also liked what Rob Zombie did with Halloween. Having said that, nobody can top John Carptenter’s original film. As a horror film fan, I’m sure I will see the new Friday the 13th. I really doubt it will be that great.

And to Professor X, I have read somewhere, a reboot of Nightmare on Elm St. is being planned.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I would like to see them totally revamp the Freddy Krueger character and update him than this. Maybe they will surprise me.[/quote]

http://www.omghorror.com/article/102641/news-billy-bob-thornton-is-new-freddy-krueger/

Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy. How’s that for a surprise?

I was totally psyched when I saw the poster (above) for the new Friday in the theaters this weekend when I went to see Saw V (waste of freaking time, by the way.)

EDIT: [quote]The best remake to date is still Dawn of the Dead.[/quote]
Meh, I’m a traditionalist and still not sold on the “fast zombie” concept. But that’s a debate for another thread.

Speaking of Zombies and remakes, Rob Zombie’s Halloween was definitely good stuff.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I would like to see them totally revamp the Freddy Krueger character and update him than this. Maybe they will surprise me.

http://www.omghorror.com/article/102641/news-billy-bob-thornton-is-new-freddy-krueger/

Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy. How’s that for a surprise?

I was totally psyched when I saw the poster (above) for the new Friday in the theaters this weekend when I went to see Saw V (waste of freaking time, by the way.)[/quote]

HA!!

Awesome.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

EDIT: The best remake to date is still Dawn of the Dead.
Meh, I’m a traditionalist and still not sold on the “fast zombie” concept. But that’s a debate for another thread.

Speaking of Zombies and remakes, Rob Zombie’s Halloween was definitely good stuff.[/quote]

Fast zombies are more threatening. All you need is the ability to walk fast to get away from Romero slow ass zombies.

In fact, if the world is ever overrun by zombies, I would prefer them to be slow so I don’t even have to leave the city.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I would like to see them totally revamp the Freddy Krueger character and update him than this. Maybe they will surprise me.

http://www.omghorror.com/article/102641/news-billy-bob-thornton-is-new-freddy-krueger/

Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy. How’s that for a surprise?
[/quote]

Now that should be interesting! I wonder if it will spark any Swing Blade-meets-Freddy Krueger parodies.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:

EDIT: The best remake to date is still Dawn of the Dead.
Meh, I’m a traditionalist and still not sold on the “fast zombie” concept. But that’s a debate for another thread.

Speaking of Zombies and remakes, Rob Zombie’s Halloween was definitely good stuff.

Fast zombies are more threatening. All you need is the ability to walk fast to get away from Romero slow ass zombies.

In fact, if the world is ever overrun by zombies, I would prefer them to be slow so I don’t even have to leave the city.[/quote]

Slow zombies would seem like fun to me. If I felt like getting some exercise or let some aggression out, I could just walk outside with a bat and just go to town for 30 minutes or so and then go back inside and watch a movie.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Fast zombies are more threatening. All you need is the ability to walk fast to get away from Romero slow ass zombies.

In fact, if the world is ever overrun by zombies, I would prefer them to be slow so I don’t even have to leave the city.[/quote]

Snowball effect, man.

“Oh, it’s just one slow zombie. No biggie.”

“Hehe, three slow, lame zombies. No problemo.”

“Hmm, six shambling zombies. Whatev.”

“Whoops, a sea of 92 slow-as-molasses zombies all pushing down my door.”

But on topic… looks like Jared Padalecki (from Supernatural and House of Wax) is starring in Friday. And here’s an interview with Derek Mears, the 6’5" guy playing Jason.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Friday the 13th movies were a STAPLE of my childhood.[/quote]

Same here. The older brother of a friend used to get the movies from a video rental store and we’d watch two or three in a row.

Not sure how this one turns out but I’m going to go see it as well.

I am sure it will give the series new life. I also think it will be good if there is a good budget and a good director.

I like some of the remakes as of late.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:

EDIT: The best remake to date is still Dawn of the Dead.
Meh, I’m a traditionalist and still not sold on the “fast zombie” concept. But that’s a debate for another thread.

Speaking of Zombies and remakes, Rob Zombie’s Halloween was definitely good stuff.

Fast zombies are more threatening. All you need is the ability to walk fast to get away from Romero slow ass zombies.

In fact, if the world is ever overrun by zombies, I would prefer them to be slow so I don’t even have to leave the city.

Slow zombies would seem like fun to me. If I felt like getting some exercise or let some aggression out, I could just walk outside with a bat and just go to town for 30 minutes or so and then go back inside and watch a movie.[/quote]

Slow zombie epidemic would be the shit. Those zombies from 28 Days Later that are the offspring of Quicksliver and the Flash would be a serious problem though.

Dawn of the Dead remake was awesome.

TCM the beginning I thought was very good as well.

I was actually watching Jason 6 the other night and some teenagers were over and didn’t know if that was Jason or Freddy :doh: are we that old?