Track Athlete's First Cycle

Hey guys - I am a track athlete (200m, 400m and 100m sometimes) and plan to use AAS to help over this summer. However, I have some restrictions with time for the cycle, and with drug testing for the season.

I have a period of a month, and then another period of 7 weeks a little later as a time frame in which I can run AAS �?? as I don�??t want to be at school and be on (this also will give time in the off season for anything to clear out of my system)

The drugs I am considering are a mild oral anabolic (Var) and testosterone (prop of eth) The problem with eth is that I don�??t see the time in my scheule where I can make a full cycle of it.

The questions I have are:
Will the strength gains from Var only be very noticeable?

Will strength gains I get from Var (lets says 4 weeks) stay with me after the cycle? How about from test?

Do you guys think a short (2-6 weeks) prop cycle will be helpful for my performance? Also is PCT needed at all for low dose test cycles? (obviously I will have an AI close, but will I need something to help start back up my natural test?)

Is it possible to do a 7 week Eth cycle? It seems to short to me, seeing that the esters wont be taken off for the majority of that time.

Are there any other AAS that you recommend for a short cycle, focused on strength, or for my constraints?

Thanks for the help, and i look forward to being able to use this info to put together a good thorough log of the cycles for everyone

[quote]getfast24 wrote:

The drugs I am considering are a mild oral anabolic (Var) and testosterone (prop of eth) The problem with eth is that I don�??t see the time in my scheule where I can make a full cycle of it.

The questions I have are:
Will the strength gains from Var only be very noticeable?

Will strength gains I get from Var (lets says 4 weeks) stay with me after the cycle? How about from test?

Do you guys think a short (2-6 weeks) prop cycle will be helpful for my performance? Also is PCT needed at all for low dose test cycles? (obviously I will have an AI close, but will I need something to help start back up my natural test?)

Is it possible to do a 7 week Eth cycle? It seems to short to me, seeing that the esters wont be taken off for the majority of that time.
[/quote]

I have used var before… to be honest, I wasn’t very impressed from what I did gain, even strength wise. I view anavar as one of those things you just throw into a cycle because you can. Just my opinion, but different people have different reactions to different compounds.

However, I actually have logged and watched the progress made by baseball pitchers using anavar. Interestingly enough, their game substantially improved. Not entirely sure why or how, but it certainly did. One individual gained 4-6.5mph on his fastball in one month and was capable of throwing 20-30 more pitches per game. In case you don’t know anything about baseball, that is some impressive improvement.

A short prop cycle would probably be your best bet as Bushy outlined.

Regarding your question about test enanthate being used for 7 weeks, yes it’s possible, but you’d have to add in other compounds. I personally am running an 8 week cycle of test at 800mg/wk with anadrol(100mg ED), winstrol(50mg ED), and tren ace (75mg ED) during weeks 1,3, and 4, and then adding 75mg tren ace during weeks 7 and 8. That’s a damn lot of gear, but I am a firm believer in the principles behind short schedule, high dose cycles. This idea will work a lot better than 2 weeks of prop, there is no doubt of that. A problem you might run into is the fact it requires PCT because of period of time you run high test and the fact tren is involved for 4 weeks altogether. And for this type of cycle, a test taper would be the best option concerning PCT.

What I’m getting at is the idea if you don’t like the idea of using near a gram a week of prop, you have other options that will serve you just as well. The downside to that is it will be more expensive and you’ll be using well over a gram a week…

There’s pros and cons to both ideas… I’d say at this point it’s a matter of preference.

Remember one thing-- your muscle gain will be determined by your diet, not what drugs you take or how you train. It will be your diet, period. At the same time however, you might eat so that you don’t put on a lot of weight, but if going the 7-8 week route, you’ll have to use other drugs that will make you retain water, like the anadrol.

Thanks for the input

It seems to be well known, and accepted that almost any AAS use makes the muscles stronger per fiber, per volume, however you want to describe it (from unknown mechanisms), etc… will all those strength gains be lost after the cycle?

All I will say is that I am in college - I feel little need to justify the use of ergogenic aids in sports seeing as the whole world already and has been using them - be them legal or illegal to both the sporting world or to the states.

Bushy, you said 700-100mg/wk - was that supposed to be 1000? or is the 100 correct - just a very small dose?

[quote]getfast24 wrote:
All I will say is that I am in college - I feel little need to justify the use of ergogenic aids in sports seeing as the whole world already and has been using them - be them legal or illegal to both the sporting world or to the states.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree. But two wrongs don’t make a right. Just don’t complain when someone else on AAS beats you, no offense.

[quote]World1187 wrote:

However, I actually have logged and watched the progress made by baseball pitchers using anavar. Interestingly enough, their game substantially improved. Not entirely sure why or how, but it certainly did. One individual gained 4-6.5mph on his fastball in one month and was capable of throwing 20-30 more pitches per game. In case you don’t know anything about baseball, that is some impressive improvement.

[/quote]

This is actually quite remarkable. I think one of the reasons of this is because Anavar has a positive effect on ligaments/tendons. In my experience a lot of pitchers have the muscle to throw harder, their arm just won’t be able to handle the extra strain. I think this is why GH is particularly liked among pitchers - because it does wonders for the joints.

Bushy I live in the US, i am 19 - i very much appreciate the concern about being old enough and physically mature enough to use AAS. I dont understand where the 21 year old standard comes from though - i realize that it is a concern about binding growth plates et al, but i havent grown for years and do not wish to grow any more - this all on top of the non-conclusive testing associated with test and growth.

Also, i have yet to see any studies done that deal with any correlation between age of AAS use and short or long term side effects. I would not use if I didnt have a limited number of years of competition. In terms of my progress in the gym (I dont see why i need to justify my usage, but i will continue anyway) I have pulled 500lb with only straps at a bw of 165, gained 40+ lbs of muscle, and been a personal trainer.

As for the gear - what do you think about using the prop wit var? or another cycle of var by itself first to see the effect.

Also, as for the amount of prop - if i wont be able to sprint properly while on more than 500/wk how would i possibly be able to run another over 500mg? what about 400/wk?

[quote]getfast24 wrote:

Also, as for the amount of prop - if i wont be able to sprint properly while on more than 500/wk how would i possibly be able to run another over 500mg? what about 400/wk?[/quote]

To be perfectly honest with you, I wish you luck running any decent amount of prop and being able to run well. The reason +500mg/wk plus was suggested is because you made the point you want a short cycle. In order to be able to effectively run a short cycle, you need to use very high doses. Obviously on a short cycle you’d want something that becomes active quicker, but with becoming active that fast, you also lose a lot of half life time as well-- resulting in more frequent injections.

I’m not sure if you know much about prop, but I’ll tell you one thing-- it fucking hurts, bad. Currently I’m shooting .75ml of tren ace ED and can handle that easily in my glutes with no site rotation. A while ago, I decided to run prop and could not inject the same spot any sooner than 4 or 5 days after the last shot there-- this meant using quads, delts, and glutes. Also, a lot of people run into pain with quad shots no matter what they’re shooting and the pain is usually much more intense for very lean individuals like myself and I am assuming you as well since you’re a track athlete.

My advice to you. See what you can do about anavar because I promise you the prop will fuck you up bad when it comes to running. Some other options for you could also be GH or IGF1 since those can’t be tested for. More expensive obviously,but you’d get greater and longer lasting results than a 2 week smattering of prop and var, IMO.

World

its really fucked up your using in a sport first of all, second your too young and not experienced. Your going to try and risk way too much running a cycle which you don’t need. Also how are you going to get gear, if your ordering it your going to get a lot of heat in the US.

So you have a month period and then 7 weeks period and the rest of the time you have to test clean? Does anyone know how long it takes var to be undetectable? Anyway, I would try and get ahold of a little prop to see how you respond. If you can use it and still run and train. I don’t get much pain from it so maybe you won’t either.

I would do 3wk on 1 week as a buffer uness you don’t have to worry about testing just time constraints and then I would do the full four weeks and then a few weeks of hcg and nolvadex. Same with the 7 weeks. Something like 5-6 weeks on 2-3 weeks hcg and nolvadex, otherwise the full 7 weeks on then hcg and nolva pct. You also have to factor in how you have to train during these times.

You won’t be able to go full speed immediately following 5-7wks straight test. I would also do the var. If you are going to do this you might as well get everything you can out of it. If you work hard and eat good you should keep a lot of it, more than you had before and isn’t that the idea?

Sorry for the confusion, the time restraints are only on the cycle time - not on testing positive. That is actually why i chose the compounds i was considering - because they will clear in the time i think i will be untested. Also in terms of length of cycle, if it doesnt make any sense for me to be on a cycle that short, as a general opinion, i can lengthen it by being on longer.

I am still wondering about the permanence of the strength gains from AAS? if im on for 2-4 weeks and then come off, how quickly will the strength gains diminish?

haha, bushy, i completely agree about being a trainer - doesnt mean shit in terms of ability

What do you think of going lower dose prop with var for 2 weeks to see how i respond to it, take 3 weeks off and then run again with dosages dependent on how i responded in the first 4 week?

I really appreciate all the help guys

As for shizen, i am open to any studies you have about using AAS and side effects with association to age, but good chances finding any. And thanks for being supportive of other people - get off your high horse and realize that your not the only one who has an opinion and can voice it, ahaha and get gear.

You simply went on an unprecedented rant about my cycle without giving any insight into your thinking - the epitome of unhelpful advice.

[quote]getfast24 wrote:
As for shizen, i am open to any studies you have about using AAS and side effects with association to age, but good chances finding any. And thanks for being supportive of other people - get off your high horse and realize that your not the only one who has an opinion and can voice it, ahaha and get gear. You simply went on an unprecedented rant about my cycle without giving any insight into your thinking - the epitome of unhelpful advice.[/quote]

Why would I give advice to someone I don’t want using? This is a open board I can voice my opinion.

well, then suit yourself, but you do so in a rude, inarticulate way, that has no chance on convincing me of not using. and YES you did give advice - the advice to not use - but you didnt back it up with any reasoning, the only thing you have convinced me of is that you are sports amateur and have no knowledge of how athletics work

Bushy, i appreciate your help - I will let you all know what i decide on, and when, along with a log (hopefully)

How long does it normally take to recover from a 2 weeks, medium dose (500-750 mg) prop cycle? or are you saying there is no recovery time? or is the recovery time the 3 weeks you alloted in your initial suggestions?