Toy Story 3

I saw it in IMAX 3d and it was awesome. Not sure how this compares to other 3d movies since this was my first one, but i’d definitely pay the extra cash to see another movie in 3d.

Anyways, awesome movie that kids and adults would both enjoy.

I saw it in 2d. I haven’t been a fan of 3d movies.

Anyway, I did think it was better than Toy Story 2 and tied it up in a much better way. Compared to more recent Pixar movies, it’s not as visually stunning but there’s a lot more story. It’s also not the most sophisticated of the Pixar films either. But on the scale of see or not see, it’s definitely worth watching.

And yes, I was a little touched by the movie. No tears though, so I’m not of the ghey.

In all seriousness, what is the appeal here? This isn’t the first I’ve heard of adults being interested in seeing this movie. Someone tell me, what am I missing here?

Well, anyone under 30 was a kid when the first one came out, and it holds a lot of good memories for them.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
So grown men can’t get tears in their eyes at a movie? WTF?[/quote]

Not unless they want some skinnyfat 170lbs internet-badass putting them down for it.

Actually, yes men can cry at movies.

Insecure little boys are afraid to admit they too have emotion.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Not unless they want some skinnyfat 170lbs internet-badass putting them down for it.

Insecure little boys are afraid to admit they too have emotion.[/quote]

Words of wisdom right here.

You missed my point. toy Story 3 is not a tear jerker, maybe T2 when Arnie dies (kidding), but not TS3

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Insecure little boys are afraid to admit they too have emotion.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m skinny fat. Jesus christ dude, what made you a douche all of a sudden. Did I steal your beans or something.

and btw- apparently you missed my point as well

Saying, do you know how I know you are gay is not saying I didn’t think it was a tear jerker. It’s saying someone is gay for tearing up at a movie. So, no, I do not believe I missed your point.

Saying, do you know how I know you are gay is not saying I didn’t think it was a tear jerker. It’s saying someone is gay for tearing up at a movie. So, no, I do not believe I missed your point. [/quote]

Wow, you aren’t even a guy, why are you so defensive about this? Oh wait, I think I just answered my own question…Tell you what, why don’t you just slap up another boob pic and we’ll forget this misunderstanding ever happened?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
My father-in-law and I took my four year old son to see this yesterday for father’s day. Great movie, but the end… My boy’s all smiles while us two “adults” can’t wipe the tears away fast enough before getting into the light of day.

You’ve been warned.[/quote]

You know how I know you’re gay? You had tears in your eyes at the end. Even my wife said, grown men had tears in their eyes?

seriously, decent movie, not the best Pixar one, but good. [/quote]

I thought it was obvious with this reply that it was implied I was specifically talking about this movie not crying at movies in general

has the reading comprehension of T-Nation dropped lately?

[quote]Jason van Wyk wrote:
Well, anyone under 30 was a kid when the first one came out, and it holds a lot of good memories for them.[/quote]

I’m 23, and I saw the first one in the theatre. I still don’t understand what the appeal is of seeing these movies as an adult. I am curious about this.

Just posting a follow up comment, NAUn. You don’t have to, and obviously don’t, agree with it. I won’t take a personal jab at you, however, because you chose to make a comment.

Just posting a follow up comment, NAUn. You don’t have to, and obviously don’t, agree with it. I won’t take a personal jab at you, however, because you chose to make a comment. [/quote]

C’mon, you gotta admit that Toy Story is not the franchise one would expect men to cry over, especially men on a site called Testosterone Nation…

I havn’t seen the movie yet, but geez, it reached nr.7 on imdb’s top 250…

Saw it this afternoon, animation was great as always, storyline was good, the Ken doll has the Ghey. I didn’t get choked up at the end, but I pretty much don’t cry over anything anymore, could defintiely see why someone would get weepy over it.

I thought it was surprisingly intense for a Toy Story movie. Especially towards the end.

and @jehovasfitness, you’re an idiot.

[quote]jahall wrote:
I thought it was surprisingly intense for a Toy Story movie. Especially towards the end.

and @jehovasfitness, you’re an idiot. [/quote]

really? because I said a grown man that cried at a movie that was not tear worthy was gay? I was ribbing him for one.

But seriously, I’ve cried at movies, and I didn’t even come close.

SPOILER

I figured the way the OP said he did get teary was they actually got burned at the trash dump

I did not cry, but I thought it was an excellent movie. Very well done. I really did excpect them to…

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

(Same as jehova’s spoiler)

/spoiler

But I, too, see how it could be very emotionally charged, especially at the last seem with bonnie. Personally, I thought UP had more emotionality in it.

Really great movie, saw the matinee yesterday, had a slew of kids sitting around us but they all behaved and laughed and sang and cheered.

That’s what I think makes a great movie for kids, when kids get wrapped up in the story and don’t get all figity.

Same thing happened in the Princess and the Frog.

As for that last scene, it was a tough one and I completely understand how people could get choked up. It was a good show.