T Nation

Toy Story 3

My father-in-law and I took my four year old son to see this yesterday for father’s day. Great movie, but the end… My boy’s all smiles while us two “adults” can’t wipe the tears away fast enough before getting into the light of day.

You’ve been warned.

haha if it can make two grown men cry then by god im amped to see it lol!

We have to wait a month over here before we get to see it. Can’t wait - Toy Story is approaching genius. Great stuff. Glad you liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3YNR9WQ_Q

Amped to go see it. First two were genius.

Another win for Pixar. This movie was so great and I can only echo what you said, OP, about the ending. It gets so emotionally heavy but resolves so well.

Pixar = Epic

awesome movie. saw it friday night. one of the best movies ive seen in a while

I saw A-Team last weekend. I will definitely see Toy Story this weekend.

This is the first Pixar movie that I have no desire to see.

[quote]yorik wrote:
This is the first Pixar movie that I have no desire to see.[/quote]

You’re the first person that I’ve never met or heard the voice of, that I have every desire to punch in your imaginary fucking face.

Joking.

How come? Did you like the 1st couple?

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]yorik wrote:
This is the first Pixar movie that I have no desire to see.[/quote]

You’re the first person that I’ve never met or heard the voice of, that I have every desire to punch in your imaginary fucking face.

Joking.

How come? Did you like the 1st couple?[/quote]
i agree with yorik; none of the previews for this movie have impressed me. i liked the first one, but found the second one kind of boring and formulatic. i’m sure i’ll end up seeing it anyway, and am hoping it’s as good as the first.

I’m still awaiting a sequel for The Incredibles.

Though I will be seeing Toy Story for sure.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m still awaiting a sequel for The Incredibles.

Though I will be seeing Toy Story for sure. [/quote]

oh are they making an Incredibles sequel?! The first one was awesome, everytime it’s on Fox Family I watch at least a portion of it … great movie!

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m still awaiting a sequel for The Incredibles.

Though I will be seeing Toy Story for sure. [/quote]

oh are they making an Incredibles sequel?! The first one was awesome, everytime it’s on Fox Family I watch at least a portion of it … great movie![/quote]

Well, I don’t know if they’re making one. I just assumed… by the way the first one ended. You know… kind of leaving the door open?

Yes, it’s a great film. One of my top 10 faves of all time.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m still awaiting a sequel for The Incredibles.

Though I will be seeing Toy Story for sure. [/quote]

oh are they making an Incredibles sequel?! The first one was awesome, everytime it’s on Fox Family I watch at least a portion of it … great movie![/quote]

Well, I don’t know if they’re making one. I just assumed… by the way the first one ended. You know… kind of leaving the door open?

Yes, it’s a great film. One of my top 10 faves of all time.
[/quote]

That’s awesome. Such a damn good movie. I think in recent years, Pixar has made some of my favorite movies.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m still awaiting a sequel for The Incredibles.

Though I will be seeing Toy Story for sure. [/quote]

oh are they making an Incredibles sequel?! The first one was awesome, everytime it’s on Fox Family I watch at least a portion of it … great movie![/quote]

Well, I don’t know if they’re making one. I just assumed… by the way the first one ended. You know… kind of leaving the door open?

Yes, it’s a great film. One of my top 10 faves of all time.
[/quote]

I’d be inclined to agree with ya on the top 10 assessment … did a quick google search and found this from the director regarding a possible sequel:

“Director Brad Bird stated in 2007 that he’s open to the idea of an Incredibles 2 if he comes up with an idea superior to the original film. ‘I have pieces that I think are good, but I don’t have them all together’”

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
My father-in-law and I took my four year old son to see this yesterday for father’s day. Great movie, but the end… My boy’s all smiles while us two “adults” can’t wipe the tears away fast enough before getting into the light of day.

You’ve been warned.[/quote]

That movie turned me into little bitch too, my 6 year loved though.

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
My father-in-law and I took my four year old son to see this yesterday for father’s day. Great movie, but the end… My boy’s all smiles while us two “adults” can’t wipe the tears away fast enough before getting into the light of day.

You’ve been warned.[/quote]

You know how I know you’re gay? You had tears in your eyes at the end. Even my wife said, grown men had tears in their eyes?

seriously, decent movie, not the best Pixar one, but good.

So grown men can’t get tears in their eyes at a movie? WTF?

They can, but then they’re ghey

I’ll be seeing it for sure. Did everyone see it in 3D?