Tour de France Winner Tests Positive

Damn, that’s two TDF winners in the past handful of years. (Thought they still haven’t been able to pin anything on Lance.)

Who cares about Tour De France?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Who cares about Tour De France?[/quote]

The parents of Tour De France cyclists and the French.

But who cares about the French.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

But who cares about the French.[/quote]

So basically tour de france is intermural softball

France is a Division 5 school?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

France is a Division 5 school?[/quote]

I was thinking Frisbee golf

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I was thinking Frisbee golf[/quote]

No parent cares about a child who plays frisbee golf.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I was thinking Frisbee golf[/quote]

No parent cares about a child who plays frisbee golf.[/quote]

Good point. So we have above frisbee golf and below intermural community college coed softball.

Acctually most athletes who are using PED’s who get tested all the time. Bodybuilders not so much.

Most Cycling teams have a doctor on staff getting paid a lot of money so they don’t fail their drug tests.

For an example the Cyclists are the ones who started with the Post-workout drink protocol in the late 80’s. THen it hit mainstream in the late 90’s.

They are also big time users of EPO/HGH/Insulin which is just now starting to trickle down to MMA fighters/boxers and muscular endurance athletes.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Damn, that’s two TDF winners in the past handful of years. (Thought they still haven’t been able to pin anything on Lance.)

[/quote]

I may be totally wrong here, but if I remember right Lance was taking Testosterone (TRT after testicular cancer) the whole time. 100mg per week is about the ‘right’ dosage to simulate a healthy young male’s testosterone levels, but check out the TRT forum and you’ll see plenty of regular dudes on 250mg+. That isn’t bodybuilding levels, but it far exceeds what any man produces naturally. I’d be willing to bet every dollar in my bank account Lance was on a pretty hefty dose of Testosterone, turning his weakness into a huge advantage.

I say we just let them dope. They are going to do it anyways. I would still watch.

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[/quote]

I may be totally wrong here, but if I remember right Lance was taking Testosterone (TRT after testicular cancer) the whole time. 100mg per week is about the ‘right’ dosage to simulate a healthy young male’s testosterone levels, but check out the TRT forum and you’ll see plenty of regular dudes on 250mg+. That isn’t bodybuilding levels, but it far exceeds what any man produces naturally. I’d be willing to bet every dollar in my bank account Lance was on a pretty hefty dose of Testosterone, turning his weakness into a huge advantage.

[/quote]

Yup, because he wasn’t a tremendous cyclist before his cancer…oh wait.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
I say we just let them dope. They are going to do it anyways. I would still watch.[/quote]

I agree. And not just for cycling either. Steroids and such should be legal in all sports.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

don’t steroids increase the risk for testicular cancer?

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mebbe, but they all are.

What testosterone really helps with is recovery, which gives you quite an edge in this week long insanity that is the Tour the France.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Damici wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mebbe, but they all are.

What testosterone really helps with is recovery, which gives you quite an edge in this week long insanity that is the Tour the France. [/quote]

And it shrinks their balls so they don’t pinch in the seat.