Tour de France 2010

Any Tour fans out there?? Now that the Giro and the Tour de Cali are done who is everybody betting on for this year??

Course for this year. Cobbles and Tourmalet twice!

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
Any Tour fans out there?? Now that the Giro and the Tour de Cali are done who is everybody betting on for this year??
[/quote]

Who Cares! Cycling sucks!

V

My money’s on the dude with the best drugs.

Contador, acceleration in the mountains is too good for the rest of the pack.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
My money’s on the dude with the best drugs.[/quote]
If I had the money, it’d be here too.

I prefer the Giro over Le Tour since the paracourse is more dramatic and there’s less hype.

And while I’m sure there are still some elite cyclists using drugs, people don’t realize that cyclists are now the most tested athletes in the world. The testing done on them is way beyond anything any of the major US sports do on their athletes.

Personally, I think the whole anti-drug movement has gone way to far on infringing upon personal freedoms and I don’t really care whether cyclists or any other athletes use drugs. IMO the governing bodies should perform routine health checks and let them use whatever they want as long as doing so doesn’t cause harm.

Watch out for Ivan Basso. He could surprise this year.

[quote]JACKED71 wrote:
Watch out for Ivan Basso. He could surprise this year.[/quote]

Could be a few surprises. Schleck bros. are still looking damn good too. Wondering if Radioshack’s put together an unstopable team or not.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
My money’s on the dude with the best drugs.[/quote]

Says the Powerlifter…

I miss watching Lance win again and again and again

But this year Contador with the Schlecks giving him a run for it.

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
[/quote]

I am a sports addict and will watch pretty much anything that’s competitive, and as a result I have come to enjoy the Tour de France every summer. I think the fact that it’s an insane test of endurance in a very scenic setting, paired with the fact that it reminds me that summer is here, makes it something that I like to watch.

Is the sport plagued by drug problems? Of course, but so are many other sports. The athleticism, teamwork, endurance (both mental and physical), and physical fitness of the sport make it something that I love to watch, and something that I can really appreciate.

If it wasn’t heavily televised, I probably wouldn’t care for it as much, but it has become very easy to watch in recent years.

The fact that Lance Armstrong is still involved in it only makes it that much better, as I think he has easily carved out his spot as one of the greatest athletes in contemporary sports.

So Jani’s leading the Dauphine after beating Contador’s ass. Luckily Contador was such a gracious loser as to say he didn’t give a shit about the race because he’s just training for the Tour. What a douche.

So one more member of Radioshack that’s one hell of a threat in his own right. These guys are gonna kick some serious ass!!