Tour Bike Crash Photos

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Uh, why the fuck do they let cars out there in the first place?[/quote]

X2

If for news film footage, you’d think in these modern times a high vantage point and good camera could do it remotely.

No other type of wheeled race would allow press cars on the track or course. [/quote]

the article said it was one of the tv crew’s car

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

X2

If for news film footage, you’d think in these modern times a high vantage point and good camera could do it remotely.

No other type of wheeled race would allow press cars on the track or course. [/quote]

[/quote]

As deplorable and avoidable as the accident seems, that it was a TV car makes no difference to me. It could have easily been a team chase car that caused the accident.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

X2

[/quote]

As deplorable and avoidable as the accident seems, that it was a TV car makes no difference to me. It could have easily been a team chase car that caused the accident.[/quote]

This is a pretty unique situation in that a team car isn’t going to try and overtake the breakaway. To be in front of the leaders would serve no purpose for a team car, obviously. So, in this very specific set of facts at least, it’s probably not even likely that a team car would ever be in that position.

However, even if a team car were passing riders (i.e. trying to get around the peloton to the breakaway) I doubt the car, even that of one trying to overtake riders from another team, would display such disregard for the safety of a rider (or riders, as it were).

But this is really just nitpicking. The bottom line is, the driver of that car was driving carelessly, ignored orders, and was going to do what he wanted.

Some (women) should just be forbidden to touch the steering wheel. Period.
This just pisses me of!

http://www.rtl.hr/vijesti/novosti/uznemirujuca-snimka-autom-pokosila-biciklista/?cwsid=9daf951cac04d215de24f980ab35f572

[quote]Tinesterone wrote:
Some (women) should just be forbidden to touch the steering wheel. Period.
This just pisses me of!

http://www.rtl.hr/vijesti/novosti/uznemirujuca-snimka-autom-pokosila-biciklista/?cwsid=9daf951cac04d215de24f980ab35f572[/quote]

Dumb ass sexist remark. Men cause fatal accidents every fucking day, moron.

Now, can you be mature and explain that awful video?

Well, a 30 year old woman was driving her daddys Audi, hit the cyclist, drove of and then wrote on her Facebook wall she was just involved in a serious car accident. I dont know, it just makes me wanna do some horrible things to her.
And if I can remember correctly that Tour de France accident was caused by a woman driver crashing into poor Johny H.