Toughest Military Training

[quote]slimjim wrote:
ybthere1 wrote:
Earning my stetson and spurs in a Cav Spur Ride. Two days of getting smoked, not eating or sleeping. Having an endless string of tasks when land-naving from station to station. Everybody was covered from the legendary piss pools and dookie dirt. In retrospect, it was pretty fun.

You put way too much effort into that, I just beat up some Cav fag who decided to wear his shit to the strip club…that was one of my easier training sessions ;)[/quote]

Guarantee it wasn’t me. I agree with you that wearing them around town is ridiculous, but don’t be hatin’ cause you’re a REMF.

[quote]njworkoutguy wrote:
Tied for that was the Endurance Course in Quantico, VA in February in about 3 feet of snow (it was so cold and nasty the base was actually shut down, but OCS did not stop). 8 miles of water obsticles, hills, low-crawling, and climbing. It was so cold that by the time we were done our uniforms were frozen on our bodies. No joke, they were hard and crunched when you moved.

Thats freakin’ moto Sir, good on you for getting through it though. I’ll find out in August if I’m going to have the pleasure of heading to Quantico for the Fall OCS Class.

[/quote]

Good luck. OCS is a Muther F’er.

[quote]DM246 wrote:
Ranger School (10-89) sucked. (Darby, Yonah, Tennessee Valley Divide, Florida, Dugway)

Somehow, standing on Todd Field at a whopping 138 pounds made it all seem worthwhile.

What one won’t do for a half-moon shaped black and gold RANGER tab. ha ha [/quote]

I’ve heard some fun stories from Rangers about their school. I have the utmost respect for you and all of the elite US forces. That goes for all service men and women out there. Not one hasn’t had some hard times to get where they are.

DB

I’d say the hardest training I did was fixing a thrown track and a sheared drive sprocket on an M1A1 tank in a farm field in Turkey. We were participating in an exercise and had set in defensive position.

Our tank threw track in a vehicle fighting hole as we were backing up out of it. The rest of the company left to continue the mission so my tank was on its own.

That was 12 hours of digging, turning wrenches, and hauling around 50 lb blocks of track. Sucked.

I know this is by no means the roughest anyone has ever experienced, but those hills in 29 Palms, CA were killer. ESPECIALLY Sugar Cookie. It was tough getting used to the thin air up there.

Running at Ft. Carson. NBC hill, commo hill, running down the banana belt. And it always seemed cold too. I suck at running.

Well, 8 days, 86kgs backpack, deep snow, -21 to -41 degrees celcius (-5.8 F to -41.8 F if my calculations are correct… :stuck_out_tongue: ), 15-18 hours walking each day…

That was kind of hard:P Lost 12kgs in 8 days… yehaw.

I’d say my fire team humping a damned TOW system through the jungles of Okinawa would be the worst. It was heavy, but more than that it was just an awkward piece of gear.

Then again I guess there’s humping a Mk19 25miles with my buddy. I had a 297 PFT but I couldn’t hump worth a damn.

One of m buddies did MCWIS, those underwater formations sounded pretty tough.

mike

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Hollandse Nieuwe wrote:
Following orders in french for five long years.

Well, all you really have to know is “retreat”.

I think it’s the marching with their arms high over their heads that is the hardest part of French military training.

DB

French Army Rifle for sale: Never used, dropped once.

[/quote]Ferme ta guelle, Imbecile

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Hollandse Nieuwe wrote:

Well, all you really have to know is “retreat”.[/quote]

You’re not Irish, the Irish vocabulary
does’nt have the word retreat.
you’re a blithering idiot.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Hollandse Nieuwe wrote:

Well, all you really have to know is “retreat”.

I think it’s the marching with their arms high over their heads that is the hardest part of French military training.

DB[/quote]As for you you’re not a banker but a wanker, you little worm.

Okay, Nieuwe, you’ve made your point, now tell us all about the 2nd Foreign Paratroop Regiment. I’d like to hear about it, anyway.

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Well, 8 days, 86kgs backpack, deep snow, -21 to -41 degrees celcius (-5.8 F to -41.8 F if my calculations are correct… :stuck_out_tongue: ), 15-18 hours walking each day…

That was kind of hard:P Lost 12kgs in 8 days… yehaw.[/quote]

Holy crap. I guess it’s a given that Norwegians like the snow but -41…I’ll take the desert any day!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Okay, Nieuwe, you’ve made your point, now tell us all about the 2nd Foreign Paratroop Regiment. I’d like to hear about it, anyway.[/quote]

Me too. I know a few guys looking for adventure that joined up in the early 90’s. Always wondered what happened to them.

Ever thought about it V…in your younger days perhaps?

[quote]hedo wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Okay, Nieuwe, you’ve made your point, now tell us all about the 2nd Foreign Paratroop Regiment. I’d like to hear about it, anyway.

Me too. I know a few guys looking for adventure that joined up in the early 90’s. Always wondered what happened to them.

Ever thought about it V…in your younger days perhaps?

[/quote]

Hell yeah. And even in my not-so-younger days.

There’s an online book by a Canadian guy who joined the 2eme REP (Nieuwe’s outfit) when he was 38 (my age now), and served in Corsica, Africa, Iraq and Bosnia.

http://www.troon-promotions.com/ntd.htm

Worth a read.

[quote]DM246 wrote:
Ranger School (10-89) sucked. (Darby, Yonah, Tennessee Valley Divide, Florida, Dugway)

Somehow, standing on Todd Field at a whopping 138 pounds made it all seem worthwhile.

What one won’t do for a half-moon shaped black and gold RANGER tab. ha ha [/quote]

Rogerf’nthat! (class10-94;Darby,McGregor Range,Mountains,Swamp) 122 degrees in the Desert and not quitting in the Mountains. Probably a close second would be trying to keep up with the Afghan Soldiers, humping the Mts. of AFG, with TOOMUCHSHITON!!!