Tough Questions

Got this in an e-mail and I thought you might like it, not sure if the facts are right but that never stopped me from posting something before:

Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the answer for this one.

Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading Candidates.

Candidate A -
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He’s had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B -
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C -
He is a decorated war hero. He’s a vegetarian, doesn’t smoke, drinks an occasional beer.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

The answer to the abortion question:

If you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

• 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
  • 7 have been arrested for fraud
  • 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
  • 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
  • 3 have done time for assault
  • 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
  • 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
  • 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
  • 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
  • 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

It’s the 535 members of the United States Congress.

WOW…that is eye popping. I took a class in college called Hitler and Nazi Germany (I was a lowly history major at one time…haha) and I have to tell ya, that class was fascinating!! Absolutely amazing to study how he went from a struggling artist and architect to one of the most infamous evil bastards of all time. And as for those statistics about the members of Congress…that is just sad.

Ha, I picked Churchill before even reading Hitler’s blurb (which was a bit obvious). What’s wrong with a little opium, alcohalism, and sleeping-in in a leader? I aspire to that sort of life. Who can trust a vegitarean?

WELCOME TO AMERICA!!!

This little thing is a bit off. First of all, Hitler used to rely heavily on astrologists. In fact, the Americans and Brittish recruited someone and had him published in the top newspapers as a top astrologist. He would float out American and Brittish intelligence and pass it off as predictions. They would then use this same guy to give away false information to deter Hitler from doing certain things. It was said that his role was the most important factor in keeping Germany from reaching Moscow.

As for Churchill, sure he might have slept until noon, but he was also known to be very much of a nightowl, often staying up to very late hours working on war plans. And Roosevelt, he really should have been impeached for his actions. He was Machiavellian leadership at its greatest, so as a result he had to work with a number of crooked people.

I’m not disagreeing with what you posted, but we need to keep things in perspective. If we simply pick and choose as it best serves us then what we say has absolutely no value.

Phat:

Excellent post!

It’s a CLEAR indication to me of why we should not be so fast to judge other people…but we do it ALL THE TIME!

…oh well…human nature, I guess…

Mufasa

I would dispute many of those “facts” about Congress. Cant get a credit card? Who wouldnt give a credit card to a member of Congress? Not even one with a 300 dollar limit? I mean use some common sense.
And you could easily describe anybody using the three worst things you could think about them. Lets try.

1. Routinely stole things from his college while he was an underclassman.
  2. Once destroyed the toilets of a rival fraternity causing them to buy new toilets.
  3. Breaks things over his head when he gets drunk.
    I just described me albeit thats not a very good description of me.
    Here is another one about Hitler. Hitler was against killing animals because he said it was inhumane. Yet he killed millions of other people. Go figure.

Suppose you’re a doctor and one day, you are visited by Caterina, a poor, unmarried teenager. She is in the first trimester of her pregnancy. She has lost contact with the father, a lawyer or clerk, she thinks. The affair wasn’t meant to last long–nothing more than a one-night stand. She doesn’t wasn’t expected and is certainly not wanted.

She asks your advice: should she abort?

For the record, Caterina did not abort the child, who went on to become Candidate C in Phatman’s original post: Adolf Hitler.

You can get any response you want when you selectively release and conceal information.