T Nation

Tough Chick

My wife just gave birth to our second child, Caylin. My wife is considered 'crazy' by all the other women for giving birth naturally... no epidural, no stadol, no nothing. They gave her some tylenol because she was starting to run a fever... that was about it. She didn't even break a sweat.

The funny part is that after the delivery, she asked the nurse to remove the monitor from her leg because the tape was hurting her.

rolls eyes... women...

Awesome!

Congrats!!!

Awesome! I wuv widdle babies.
My wife did both of our kids naturally as well. But, they were each a couple of weeks early so it was more like passing a cantaloupe rather than a watermelon.

Serious props to your whole family. Congratulations!

lol, congrats man…

No more naps for you for awhile

Hey congrats man, strong women produce strong children

Ouchy.

Double ouchy.

I’m getting sympathy pains just thinking about it.

Oh, and congrats.

Fuck! we’re going to have another one like you running around soon? j/k congrats brother.

Congrats!

My mom is the same way. She gave birth at home, I was a 9 pound child and she spat me out in 15 mins.

Congrats.

There’s a line between being tough and masochistic. You’re wife doesn’t pierce herself with 16 penny nails for fun, does she?

I guess that’s why women give birth. If guys had to we’d have gone extinct a millennium ago.

My sister in law gave birth au natural as well, she also went on to run and finish the san diego marathon, 26 miles.

Congrats!

My sister in law, size 0, gave birth naturally to my niece, who was around 7 lbs. Crazy bitch.

I’m glad I won’t have to force any human beings out of my vagina! Good luck!

Congratulations, and fuck that.

All three of my kids were done with epidural, and I got some Valium along with that.

Don’t get me wrong, good for the both of you, but I’m a firm believer in better living through pharmaceuticals.

[quote]gkchesterton wrote:
I’m glad I won’t have to force any human beings out of my vagina! Good luck![/quote]

Did you get your tubes tied?

Thanks everyone!

She says the best part about it is that the recovery is pretty much over. With our first, it took a while for things to go back to normal. She’s still on the standard doctor’s orders, but she’s not achey and uncomfortable like she was last time.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
My sister in law gave birth au natural as well, she also went on to run and finish the san diego marathon, 26 miles.[/quote]

This probably isn’t the way you meant it, but the way I read it suggested these two events were relatively consecutive. As in, she gave birth, and then a few hours later, went on to run a marathon.

That’s tough.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
gkchesterton wrote:
I’m glad I won’t have to force any human beings out of my vagina! Good luck!

Did you get your tubes tied?[/quote]

Haha!

Congrats!

Hey, congratulations!!

Going natural is the way to go. Hell, women have been doing it for thousands of years! I had all my kids natural, including a pair of twins. It wasn’t all that bad, really. I was only yelling for drugs when I had to push the second twin out.

Congratulations bruddah!