Touching in a Metal Bash

I’m going to side with Hanley on this one. I think you should go a size smaller. Also, what you have there will get quite a bit looser by the time you break it in. It’s your dime, but I think it would be better spent on one size smaller.

Pinto and hanley,
You guys really htink i should go a size smaller? THis is my first experience in a shirt. I talked to Jo on the phone through EFS and we talked about my measurements and the goal was an EXTRA GANGSTA shirt just yet. I want to learn and still get some good carryover out of the shirt. So i went with a tight, but not overly tight shirt just yet. what do u guys think?

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
Pinto and hanley,
You guys really htink i should go a size smaller? THis is my first experience in a shirt. I talked to Jo on the phone through EFS and we talked about my measurements and the goal was an EXTRA GANGSTA shirt just yet. I want to learn and still get some good carryover out of the shirt. So i went with a tight, but not overly tight shirt just yet. what do u guys think?[/quote]

I bought the same size Bash my friend has after using his for a little while. None of us really knew how to use bench shirts so it has been a learning experience.
If I had been smarter I would have sent it back/bought a size smaller. As it stands tho, I sent it for alterations and it came back tighter, but still needs even more alterations to make it work as it seemed the alterer was a little confused.

I was going to write up a response saying you had 2 options in regards to keeping it and working with it, then altering it, or sending it back and getting a size smaller, but I think I might side with the others here. You should get the smaller size. It will save you some cash, and since you still have a decent amount of time, you will be able to work it down to chest level after numerous sessions.

I love Elite, but a lot of those guys recommend a little looser gear, and then once you learn them, to buy something a little more gangsta- which is not exactly wallet friendly. BTW, alterations for a Metal Bash run about $60. Hope that helps, if it is even decipherable.

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
Pinto and hanley,
You guys really htink i should go a size smaller? THis is my first experience in a shirt. I talked to Jo on the phone through EFS and we talked about my measurements and the goal was an EXTRA GANGSTA shirt just yet. I want to learn and still get some good carryover out of the shirt. So i went with a tight, but not overly tight shirt just yet. what do u guys think?[/quote]

It’s a little bit of crap shoot. And I have never seen what you look like you in the shirt or you benching in the shirt. A lot of it depends on how hard it was to handle and lockout that 335. If 335 was a gut-busting effort to lock out, then maybe you shoudl stick with what you have. But consider this- polys will stretch significantly in the course of breaking them in- particularly in the chest. So today’s size 56, may perform more more like a 58 after several training sessions. The bash shirts are pretty forgiving in terms of groove, so I would be surprised if the next size down would be that hard to touch in. The reality check might be this, if you get a size smaller and you get to a 1 board or possibly two board with a weight that you can lock out, then I think you may have a good shirt. If not, go back to the old size. It’s kind of frustrating, but that’s how the shirt game works.

You guys have been a huge help. I may send it back. TBH, right now, I’m thinking of working with this. We didn’t super jack the shirt. We just set it and worked on controlling my setup and lowering the bar to where the shir tlocked up and then tucking and pulling bar harder. Ive never felt a tighter shirt, so i cant say this for certain, but it gave me a shit-ton off the chest.

For my first session, getting within a board of my chest, i locked out 335. my best raw bench is 265. ANd im not trying to stay at my current size. iw ouldnt want to worry about gear being too small so that i cant grow. Its a learning experience so i guess i will have to see.