TouchinDeez's TRT Log

Well guys, I’m a little nervous. I am out of town on work right now so my stress may be a bit elevated so keep that in mind. I only got about 4 hours of sleep Monday night as I had an early flight to catch. I woke up on Tuesday morning and surprisingly felt pretty positive, which is a change. I generally feel like crap when I don’t get too much sleep. I ended up working from about 7am-9pm and managed to fit in a workout around 10pm. I felt pretty good most of the day! However, upon waking up this morning at around 8 I felt somewhat… nervous? I had intense hunger and I have been feeling a bit cold and sweaty. I went and had a huge breakfast at the hotel and that seems to have calmed things down but I still have some residual nervousness/sense of unease. When I initially woke up, my pulse was around 92 for a while and it dropped to about 86 after eating. Anybody have input on what something like this could be? Not making any changes in my protocol, just looking for opinions

Yikes, 10:21 now and I am feeling extremely dizzy and lightheaded and incredibly anxious. Ive been drinking as much gatorade as I can and I still am having this issue. It is incredibly unsettling, and I am unable to focus on any of my work without panicking. Any ideas?

Should also add that my Fitbit has been tracking my heart rate today and it has sat around 91-102 all day. I’m trying not to get down about this but I can’t afford to have this try fail. Any advice would be much appreciated. I feel like death

Sorry if i’m spamming here but just wanted to update. Heart rate is still elevated but it fluctuates more now, It is 70bpm as I type this but if I go brush my teeth, for example, I could come back and check again and it may be at 90. I am not sure how much of this is caused by anxiety.

I have some level of chest tightness, and a strange feeling where I don’t “feel” my heartbeat as much. Pre-trt if I sat still I could count my heartbeats by the feeling in my chest, now it just feels ‘full’ and I don’t feel the beats or really see them on my chest like I usually can. I am out of town so I cannot currently take blood pressure, but I would bet money it is high.

I am starting to feel more foggy mentally and more ‘dirty’ overall. My ring seems a bit tighter on my finger and my belly almost looks a little more pronounced. High estrogen perhaps? It is so tempting to take an arimidex to see if there is any change but from what you all have told me I need to stick it out for six weeks. Hopefully I will adjust because this feeling of generally anxiety sucks. I have enough anxiety related to my heart as it is. I am just praying I don’t start getting palpitations because those are terrifying and I definitely never want to experience Afib again.

I also have a strange tightness on the left side of my neck that somewhat radiates to my ear. Thyroid potentially? I started avoiding salt when I was in my teens as I had been taught that it was unhealthy. I have taken multivitamins the past few years but not always consistently, so I am thinking perhaps this along with my sub-optimal TSH values may indicate iodine deficiency? I ordered some iodoral and ATP cofactors (b vitamins), along with selenium that I will start taking upon arrival Friday. I have been tested in the past for antibodies so I know for a fact I do not have Hashimoto’s or any other autoimmune thyroid disease.

I will try and update tomorrow. Very much hoping tomorrow morning is nothing like this morning. Felt so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out and my heart was racing, started looking up hospitals in the area and nearly left work to go. All of this happening while out of town is definitely a much bigger stressor than usual as I don’t have access to my usual doctors, labs, etc.

What’s your current protocol and do you have bloodwork for it?

Cut n paste it.

Current protocol is 18mg test c daily. The bloodwork I have is posted further up in this thread. I’m two weeks in now so I won’t have more lab work for another two weeks.

Feel less sick this morning but my heart rate is sitting at 98 bpm pretty consistently and I feel some more chest tightness, not sure what is going on.

I would try to ride it out.

You’re only a couple weeks in to a new protocol. I can tell you that 16mg daily had my E2 at like 20, which is low. But I wouldn’t think would cause heart palps and racing pulse.

I do know the feeling you’re having though. Make SURE you’re drinking a LOT of fluids. Racing heart can happen if your heart doesn’t have the pressure to pump, which comes from fluid in the body.

How’s your pee? Clear? or Yellow?

Did this happen to you as well? I just pissed and it was only slightly yellow, probably due to the b12 I took this morning. I will continue drinking a lot of fluids. I took 20 mg propranolol and it seems to have slightly decreased the problem but barely… heart rate is ranging from 82 to 110 just doing light work/walking around and the chest tightness is stilldefinitely there. Just feels so dangerous. I had a perfectly fine heart ultrasound just a few months ago so I am trying to remember that but damn this stuff is scary

My heart rate has been higher, about 70-80, but I’m basically in amazing shape, so that amount was very high for me. It feels scary, like your heart is beating way way too fast… and it’s hard to catch your breath.

Stress can also give one this effect.

If I were you, I’d try to hold out for a bit. Maybe you are just new to TRT and your body is adjusting.

KEEP posting here. If it continues, may we can reduce your daily dose down a bit. In fact, it may not be a bad idea to lower it to 15mg daily and see if that helps at all.

I will definitely keep posting here as it helps me through the panic I’m dealing with. I am going to try and hold out a few more days on 18mg as I would really like to get labs that reflect what I have been taking within the 4 wees prior. My heart rate is now more 70-80, obviously due to the propanolol and my chest tightness, although still there, is reduced.

I read another thread on this forum where somebody who was having the same issues began using pregnenolone and dhea and it resolved his issues, so I have ordered 7-keto dhea to begin on saturday (i already take 50mg pregnenolone per day) along with the iodoral/atp cofactors I have ordered. From what I understand the 7-keto dhea should not convert to testosterone/estrogen and cause me any problems there.

I’m going to try using clonazepam 0.5mg (which i took before bed last night) and propanolol (10mg pills) to manage these symptoms for now. I am hoping I do not run out of either because it always seems to be a pain for me to get more of either of those from doctors that I do not have an established relationship with. The joys of travel…

Honestly, I’d drop both the dhea and preg for now.

Get yourself more dialed in on TRT, then add those. You don’t know if they are the items causing the heart rate.

I see your point, however the way I feel is starting to feel identical to the last two tries, where I used neither of these compounds. It seems that no matter the injection frequency I always have this insane racing pulse, high bp, tight chest thing going on that seems to kick in around 2-3 weeks. I’m desperate to fix it as it feels I am on the verge of a heart attack constantly and if it worked for even one other person it’s something I’d like to try because I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. Low T=no boners, bitchy attitude, relationship issues, no libido, can barely drag myself to the gym. High t- feel better than ever for two weeks then feel like I’m dying but with a slightly more positive mood hidden behind the anxiety.

On another note, at what point do I see a doctor about my heart rate and blood pressure? It seems every time I go in for this kind of issue it’s dismissed as anxiety and I’ve already spent so much on healthcare that I can barely afford it. I don’t want to die but I also don’t want to go waste my money over and over again

I don’t know when you’d want to see a dr. Have you discussed with him the symptoms you’re having?

You’re not taking any thyroid meds are you?

I have not discussed the symptoms with him yet, I am supposed to have an appointment with him within 2-3 weeks. I am not taking any thyroid meds.

I worry about sharing this kind of thing with doctors because the answers in the past are basically just “drop the testosterone, it’s not healthy”. Or “oh if it’s causing problems just stop using it”. Seems the jury is still out on this but I certainly feel healthier for the first week and a half of every attempt than I ever do without the T. I am currently seeing a urologist as well (i know this is not ideal but it is the only way I can use my insurance to pay for the labs/testosterone and to make it affordable). I saw a cardiologist one time after I had the bout of afib but of course when i saw her I was not on testosterone. I did have several EKG’s last time this chest tightness happened that were all normal. I was checked out by an endo a few months ago and everything including thyroid, cortisol, acth, complete blood counts, etc. were all normal. He tried telling me I am just depressed, which was of course extremely helpful.

The last thing I want to do is stop taking the T. I have spent thousands of dollars now trying to find out what is going on and the low testosterone is the only thing that keeps popping up, its just this damn heart rate issue that is causing me problems! It’s so bad it forces me to focus on it all day and it makes it hard to even do my job.

In case this helps, I just found a four point salivary cortisol test that I took the first time I ever had this issue that may shed some light on what is going on. It seems my cortisol spikes massively on testosterone, which seems very strange. Could this be what is causing the chest tightness, high pulse/bp and anxiety issues? It would be great if anybody could chime in on this.

Hey I know how you feel I too had to stop trt because of similar problems. I had the same issue with my heart rate with a few additional symptoms, headaches,face flushing, tightness in head and chest, and sweating.

My doc said the exact same thing it’s not healthy and if you are experiencing those symptoms to stop.
I would really like to give it a go again but until I find out why my body is reacting that way and until I can fix the issue, it really may not be that healthy to put the body into stressful situations like that. We only have one body to live in, we gotta treat it the best we can.

Hopefully you can figure it out and if you do I may give it a try myself. Most doctors havent been willing to work with me at all here in Canada.
Good luck man.

Going through the same thing currently. Just began TRT 2.5 weeks ago and started having panic attacks yesterday. Hoping it is not something that continues as it will make TRT not viable. I was at 18mg daily as well, dropped to 15 today. Thinking about dropping to 10-12 tomorrow if it continues. Using propranolol to control the physical symptoms when they start to run away.

I’ve been having every symptom you just listed verbatim. Not all at the same time, bu they all fluctuate. I am trying really hard to just stick it out for six weeks. I would love to lower my dose but if it is just a matter of waiting it out to adjust as many here say they have then I think that would just set me back more. I may mention to my doc I’ve had some panic attacks and what not and then just go from there. I feel cheated with the way this treatment has worked for me so far… I don’t enjoy my life at all with t levels below 300 but I also don’t enjoy thinking I’m having a heart attack every day and having adrenaline rushes all day long. At least I have a somewhat existent libido while I’m freaking out lol

Edit: This is in reponse to tgk

@mallvado7316 sorry to hear you are having the same issues, please let me know if anything improves for you. I am going to try to stick with the same dose for another 4 weeks just to see if anything levels out (really really hoping that it does).

Took some ashwghanda and gaba this morning along with some extra magnesium. Usually just take magnesium at night but figured it could not hurt in the morning too. Not sure any of them will help but we will see.

I a bunch of L-theanine and never thought to take it. Seems to be some good evidence that L-theanine can help block or negate the effects of norepinephrine. I think this is the primary cause of my panic attacks and possibly your heart rate issues as well. Going to implement that as well regularly over the next few days and see how i feel. It sometimes makes me a little sleepy but that is preferable over the other issues.