T Nation

Total Test Level of 116 ng/dl

That’s right…I’m 21 years old, about to turn 22 and I’ve been suffering from gyno-like symptoms for the last 6 months or so, have taken nolva from some buddies a few times but it never quite did the trick.

I went to the endocrinologist and found out my test levels were EXTREMELY low for any male’s age, let alone mine. The only thing close to steroids I’ve ever done was a cycle of RPN havoc promptly followed by nolva about a 1.5yrs ago.

It had a very potent effect on me though. I gained about 25lbs of mass, my bench press went from 240 to 315 and my squat went from 335 to 405(x8 never maxed) all in 4 weeks. Prior to taking havoc I had broken my hand and had taken 5 weeks off from lifting, so I would’ve had significant gains anyways but these were astronomical.

Anyways, I’m trying to find information online about what the doctor may do to treat my condition that he’s sure was caused by the havoc, and he probably is right but it seems odd that it would surface so much later.

There’s little to no info about males my age in my situation, it’s all about older men who naturally begin to stop producing test. The doctor is running more tests to see what’s causing the low test, either my testes or my pituitary.

My question is: Has anyone here been in my shoes or similar shoes? What’s going to happen to me and/or what types of meds will the doctor give me? Is it possible that I could be prescribed t-gel or shots and after a few doses be fine and thats that or is this something I’m going to have to deal with for life?

My doctor was very unhelpful and rather than answering my worries proceeded to question me atleast 6 times “are you sure you’re not taking any steroids” No you’re right doc, there’s EQ in my eggs, sorry I’ve been lying this whole time. God damn.

I really hope someone here knows something because I won’t know anything from him for a week and I’m pretty stressed over it. Thanks for your input.

Well I can’t say much other than that if you do have primary or secondary hypogonadism you will need to be on TRT for life. A few injections wont do anything with permanant effects.

It is possible that at age 18.5 (around there) when you used a designer steroid (not close to, but an actual steroid) it has permanantly damage your endocrine system. Obviously you know this now, but this is one of the main reasons why people recommend that users be in their mid twenties before indulging.

This should be in the steroids forum or over 35 btw.

You took steroids. Holy fuck the amount of ignorance about what people put into their bodies is unreal. “Havoc” is methylated epitiostane. IT IS A STEROID. It’s not some “prohormone” or some other marketing bullshit.

I wish you the best of luck in your recovery, but seriously you really need to know what you’re taking before you start taking it. In fact, you may have paid a large price for not doing that already.

Sweet jesus Im currently bricking it on account of being half way through a havoc cycle at the age of 21.

Is this a bad move?

This shit happens all the time. I see so many kids under 20 walking into the nutrition store buying the pro hormones that are still legal.

For kids this age, the best steroid is fucking food and sleep.

Good job ben on being impatient. You should prob see an endocrinologist as well to assess where your at.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Sweet jesus Im currently bricking it on account of being half way through a havoc cycle at the age of 21.

Is this a bad move?[/quote]

It is very individual but the risk is proportional to age, up to a certain point (actually the risk goes up again after a certain age as well, when it becomes harder to recover due to the natural aging process but 50 year old man is probably less upset when his natural test production gets fucked up compared to an 18 year old)

At 21 most will say you are not a complete idiot but there is always a risk. You have to assess if the risk is worth the reward for you. At this point if you are two weeks into the HAVOC you are shut down, so the damage, if any, is done.

Thanks for the input. I’ll know something in a week or so I suppose. BTW I’m just about to turn 22 so I was almost 21 when I took it. Hopefully TRT won’t be necessary. What baffles the doctor is that although my test levels are extremely low, I still since the initial tests (5 weeks ago) have put on about 6lbs of muscle and my bench press has gone up about 15lbs.

So how could I be improving in muscle with such low test levels and NO I’m NOT on roids or ph. I switched diets a little (increased daily proteins by about 50g, fats by about 25g, decreased carbs by 50g) but shouldn’t I be experiencing nearly no growth if not muscle wasting with 116 ng/dl total test? Free and bioavailable were very low too (20’s and 40’s)

[quote]jared6553 wrote:
Thanks for the input. I’ll know something in a week or so I suppose. BTW I’m just about to turn 22 so I was almost 21 when I took it. Hopefully TRT won’t be necessary.

What baffles the doctor is that although my test levels are extremely low, I still since the initial tests (5 weeks ago) have put on about 6lbs of muscle and my bench press has gone up about 15lbs.

So how could I be improving in muscle with such low test levels and NO I’m NOT on roids or ph. I switched diets a little (increased daily proteins by about 50g, fats by about 25g, decreased carbs by 50g) but shouldn’t I be experiencing nearly no growth if not muscle wasting with 116 ng/dl total test? Free and bioavailable were very low too (20’s and 40’s)[/quote]

Free testosterone is a more significant number than total testosterone. I guess you know that though.

I don’t have an answer about your gym progress.

Why don’t you have this thread moved to the steroids forum or the over 35 where people have much more experience with this sort of thing?

Shiiiiit.

Im going to put a LOT more effort in my PCT now.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Shiiiiit.

Im going to put a LOT more effort in my PCT now.[/quote]

What the hell does that mean?

Are you implying that you were going to do a half-assed PCT before you read this thread?

Are you sure you are ready to be using steroids?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
benmoore wrote:
Shiiiiit.

Are you implying that you were going to do a half-assed PCT before you read this thread?

[/quote]

My initial PCT was going to be a simple 40/40/20 on nolva whilst continuing liver support, fish oils. Also throwing in ZMA and TRIBEX.

Initially I thought that would be right on the money.

Now Im not so sure.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
My initial PCT was going to be a simple 40/40/20 on nolva whilst continuing liver support, fish oils. Also throwing in ZMA and TRIBEX.

Now Im not so sure.[/quote]

How is fish oil going to assist in PCT?

[quote]plateau wrote:
benmoore wrote:

Now Im not so sure.

[/quote]

Should help with lipid levels.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
plateau wrote:
benmoore wrote:

Now Im not so sure.

Should help with lipid levels.[/quote]

Exactly my thinking.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
benmoore wrote:
Shiiiiit.

Now Im not so sure.[/quote]

What aren’t you sure about? You don’t have many other choices besides nolvadex. Clomid and toremefine are the two other options but neither are proven to be any more effective than nolvadex. Most people make a choice based on personal preference.