Total Test 988, Free Test 1.4

I just had a physical and asked them to do a total test just because i was there. No sysmptions of low sex drive depression ect. gains have been very good in the gym.
Just got the results back from my test, i actually talked to the doctor on the phone written test results will be in the mail today.

She said the my total testosterone 988 was fine but my free testosterone was low a 1.4 when it should have been between 2 and 4.
she said we could start testosterone shots if i wanted, but i dont think it is necassary…

My question is that if my muscles were in the state of repair when this was taken could it be that some of the free testosterone was being used to repair them, causing my free testosterone to drop. i think from what i read 988 is a pretty good number, towards the high end of the scale. Any opinions?

[quote]highway worker wrote:

She said the my total testosterone 988 [/quote]

Mine was 356…and the bitch said it was normal.

Your total test is great. Fantastic. Your free is low…How training could effect it is difficult to say. Muscle repair isn’t going to “take” away free testosterone. Training will cause test, both free and total, to drop below baseline for 3 days.

Thats why its always good to back off training for at least 72 hours before getting tested to get ideal results. You might wanna get retested.

How old are you? The thing is, your free test isn’t completely terrible, and you have an excellent total.

Eurycoma is great at increasing free testosterone. I wouldn’t jump into the HRT fray just yet, unless your over 40 already, especially considering your making good gains in the gym. If you can get your hands on some Eurycoma that would be ideal. They used to sell REDCAT here for 20 bucks. Great deal. Discontinued now though :(. Try Alpha Male, it has Eurycoma in it as well as other test boosting compounds.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
highway worker wrote:

She said the my total testosterone 988

[/quote]

Roscar go check out oasisinstitute. Ive spoken with them many times, and given your age and numbers I would pretty much guarantee you can get HRT…You probably wont even have to doctor your numbers up(Your doctor your dealer, do a search on it).

They won’t touch me or anyone under 30, but after that its a go…

Supposedly as you age your SHBG levels rise, leaving you with less free test. Anyway, the 988 is pretty good, but it might make sense to supplement a bit to try to inhibit binding… assuming that is what the results are pointing to.

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
highway worker wrote:

Roscar go check out oasisinstitute. Ive spoken with them many times, and given your age and numbers I would pretty much guarantee you can get HRT…You probably wont even have to doctor your numbers up(Your doctor your dealer, do a search on it).

They won’t touch me or anyone under 30, but after that its a go…[/quote]

Yep, but I’m trying to talk my doc into tapering off Effexor EX and giving me some Androgel. It’s a cheaper way to start.

Isn’t HRT through these groups about 200 a month? I’ve spoken to antiaginggroup.com and they are ready for me to get going, but it’s about 1,500 a year…about what one would spend on a lot of HOT-ROX, trib and anti e.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
highway worker wrote:

They won’t touch me or anyone under 30, but after that its a go…

Yep, but I’m trying to talk my doc into tapering off Effexor EX and giving me some Androgel. It’s a cheaper way to start.

Isn’t HRT through these groups about 200 a month? I’ve spoken to antiaginggroup.com and they are ready for me to get going, but it’s about 1,500 a year…about what one would spend on a lot of HOT-ROX, trib and anti e.

[/quote]

True that. I have no idea of the prices at all and how ones particular insurance affects such prices.

If you can wrangle your doctor into androgel, go for it. You may need to doctor your numbers a bit closer to 300 though. You know what to do Im sure :slight_smile:

I could be a dumb ass and blast up some SD til I shut down, then go in.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Isn’t HRT through these groups about 200 a month? [/quote]

Just to give you an idea, my androgel costs $197.00 @ the pharmacy, but my insurance company re-imburses me for all but $20.

I have to chime in with injectables costs. At Sam’s club, $42 for 10ml 200mg/ml test cyp, lasts 20 weeks at 100mg/wk. HCG 10,000 IU for around $16, that lasts 11.4 weeks at 250 IU EOD. Add the costs of needles and its less than $20/month. TRT does not need to be expensive; but the costs of lab work are very costly for me.

No HRT for me.

Lab Free Test Norm (3.7-5.1)
Reading 4.9

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
No HRT for me.

Reading 4.9[/quote]

It might be normal lab range, but might be low for your age or low for what your body’s needs are.

Consider SAMe to displace the SSRIs.

[quote]KSman wrote:

Just to give you an idea, my androgel costs $197.00 @ the pharmacy, but my insurance company re-imburses me for all but $20.

I have to chime in with injectables costs. At Sam’s club, $42 for 10ml 200mg/ml test cyp, lasts 20 weeks at 100mg/wk. HCG 10,000 IU for around $16, that lasts 11.4 weeks at 250 IU EOD. Add the costs of needles and its less than $20/month. TRT does not need to be expensive; but the costs of lab work are very costly for me.

[/quote]

Is that Novarel for the HCG? That’s an amazing price. I pay about $54 at Walgreens. My insurance does not cover it at all.

[quote]bigdawg011 wrote:

Is that Novarel for the HCG? That’s an amazing price. I pay about $54 at Walgreen’s. My insurance does not cover it at all.
[/quote]

The 10,000 IU HCG from SAM’s Club is from APP, American Pharmaceutical Partners Inc, Schaumburg IL. (This is not a recombinant DNA product.)

My Test Cyp is from Watson Laboratories Inc, 10ml 200mg/ml. Cost $42 VS $99 at Walgreen’s. Walgreen’s charged me $1.00 per syringe (1.5" #22). At Sam’s I got 100 1.5" #23 for $18. And 100 insulin syringes for $12.

These prices were with a Sam’s Club business membership. I you do not have a business, maybe you know someone who does who is a member and you can get a sub card through them.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
No HRT for me.

Reading 4.9[/quote]

Thats good news. Honestly as long as your functioning good its probably a good idea to hold off on HRT as long as possible.

In the meantime, you could try a REZ-V/ZMA stack, which shouldnt be to costly and probably will help get those numbers up.

Your total test is already quite high, so I wouldn’t do HRT if I were you.

Try wild oats (avena sativa) and/or stinging nettles (urtica dioica).

Both are said to reduce SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). That could help to free up some of your bound testosterone.

I hate to ruin anybody’s good deals but I get my test-cyp at walgreens for 5.00 for 10ml @ 200mg/ml

Insurance covers the rest

Go the test paper in the mail,I made a mistake total test 904 (250-950),
test free 14.5 (9-30), % free test 1-6 (2.0-4.8) so whats the difference between free and % free?
HW

test free 14.5 (9-30), % free test 1-6 (2.0-4.8) so whats the difference between free and % free?
HW[/quote]

It looks like you and I are on the opposite sides of the spectrum. I’m not sure what % is.

HW[/quote]

14.5/904 = .016 or 1.6%

It is the simple ratio of free to total.