Total Solar Eclipse

Not here though…

The NorCal part lol. Was in a field in Monmouth for the show. ~15mi north of Corvallis on 99w.

Travel to where its at then, also 2045.

1 Like

The appeal is the total eclipse, if you didn’t see that its not a big deal. There is another eclipse that will be partial in 6 years and you will barely hear about it even though many places will get just as good of a view as yesterdays (if they were outside the narrow path)

Man, to each their own. But I can’t imagine much more appealing than watching the menage a trois of ancient celestial bodies; whom have been in this dance for eons and will be doing so for eons to come. I mean, it’s bigger then watching a cool shadow, it’s like being privy to watching the clock of the solar system tick

2 Likes

Oh for sure, absolutely.

2 Likes

Not that it will effect us but another cool fact is the moon is slowly getting further from the sun so one day there will never be a total solar eclipse again. And long before that they will be a lot more rare especially the higher magnitude ones (which this one was not).

Yep, I know where Monmouth is. One of the last dry towns.

I used to live in Redding, CA, which is basically Southern Oregon.

I knew a guy from Redding.

He talked about blowing up squirrels with pipe bombs or some similar contraption, iirc.

Sounds more like Mt. Shasta. :joy:

… wouldn’t surprise me though.