T Nation

Total Noob

and was wondering if i could find a spotter… not joking either. not sure of how to search the site for people in my area but some kind of tyrant gym bud would be great. uh, since im new and this is my first post, be kind and try not to chew me up.

some about me? uh, i used to weigh somewhere around 260. dropped down to about 130 probably a bit more. my caloric intake dropped like crazy and i was doing pure protein with an insane routine of boxing, kickboxing some weights, abs, cardio… i was training for at least 5 hrs a day. im also 6’3. that weight was a bit low dont u think? anyway, i was experiencing difficult situations which were basically the cause for me getting down to that low.

im now up to 180 probably 190. body fat is somewhere between 12-13 percent last i checked. i need to build serious muscle but dont want to gain too much mass or get too big. too much size makes me uncomfortable. again, my preference. be kind. after i lost all the weight i was in kick as$ shape. i had a little bit of flab and some extra skin that never went away but compared to before, it was definitely great. it still bothers me so, im looking to fill it in with muscle because i think that’ll be my only solution to get rid of this discouraging mess. lots of work got me to how i look now and i dont know if you guys would relate if you understood how defeated that makes someone feel once some serious work is put to work.

although i had a killer physique and good definition i didn’t really have size. now, i got fat that needs to be put to work but find that i dont really have a routine and i cant just up to motivate myself.

not sure if some of you would agree with that last part. while i was doing excess workout i was doing it with trainers and in classes but whenever i trained alone, i found it very difficult to concentrate. i’ve changed gyms and i now work out in the very early am probably from 2 am to 5. so, although the title ‘bodybuilder’ doesnt necessarily suit me, i would like it to suit me for at least a while and a little help would be great.

i did read the posts dedicated to the noobs. great reading. looking for a little more than reading though. im located in miami and if anybody can seriously help out, that’d be great.

[quote]Aeleus wrote:
and was wondering if i could find a spotter… not joking either. not sure of how to search the site for people in my area but some kind of tyrant gym bud would be great. uh, since im new and this is my first post, be kind and try not to chew me up.

some about me? uh, i used to weigh somewhere around 260. dropped down to about 130 probably a bit more. my caloric intake dropped like crazy and i was doing pure protein with an insane routine of boxing, kickboxing some weights, abs, cardio… i was training for at least 5 hrs a day. im also 6’3. that weight was a bit low dont u think? anyway, i was experiencing difficult situations which were basically the cause for me getting down to that low.

im now up to 180 probably 190. body fat is somewhere between 12-13 percent last i checked. i need to build serious muscle but dont want to gain too much mass or get too big. too much size makes me uncomfortable. again, my preference. be kind. after i lost all the weight i was in kick as$ shape. i had a little bit of flab and some extra skin that never went away but compared to before, it was definitely great. it still bothers me so, im looking to fill it in with muscle because i think that’ll be my only solution to get rid of this discouraging mess. lots of work got me to how i look now and i dont know if you guys would relate if you understood how defeated that makes someone feel once some serious work is put to work.

although i had a killer physique and good definition i didn’t really have size. now, i got fat that needs to be put to work but find that i dont really have a routine and i cant just up to motivate myself.

not sure if some of you would agree with that last part. while i was doing excess workout i was doing it with trainers and in classes but whenever i trained alone, i found it very difficult to concentrate. i’ve changed gyms and i now work out in the very early am probably from 2 am to 5. so, although the title ‘bodybuilder’ doesnt necessarily suit me, i would like it to suit me for at least a while and a little help would be great.

i did read the posts dedicated to the noobs. great reading. looking for a little more than reading though. im located in miami and if anybody can seriously help out, that’d be great. [/quote]

First off, I’m only quoting your post because it is a bit messy and confusing for me to understand.

Well lucky for you, gaining “too much” size/muscle is pretty difficult for most. What is your goal weight?

I’m not sure how you think 12-13% bodyfat, weighing 180-190 at 6’3" is a “discouraging mess” but it will help if you post pictures for the members to suggest help.

Also, if you can’t motivate yourself, then how can you even lift weights? Why even try if you can’t motivate yourself?

I hope I speak correctly for most of the people on this site, when saying this :

The only person that can “seriously help” is yourself. Most everyone on this site put the knowledge to use in their everyday life. Dieting, lifting, and everything in between. No one can make you lift the weights. You have to truly want to better yourself, and not until then, will any of your training actually do what it’s supposed to.