T Nation

Total Body Workout Suggestions?

I have already tried the total body training program by Chad Waterbury few months ago and Im currently looking for something new. Right now i’m dieting, so my goal is fat loss.

Diet is also well tuned.

Do you guys have some full body routine to suggest?

Thanks.

How were your results on the TBW? I am switching over from a split tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to it, but have never attempted to hit a body part 3 days a week. I’m curious to hear others results on this type of workout.

Thanks,

CT

[quote]grimskunk wrote:
I have already tried the total body training program by Chad Waterbury few months ago and Im currently looking for something new. Right now i’m dieting, so my goal is fat loss.

Diet is also well tuned.

Do you guys have some full body routine to suggest?

Thanks.[/quote]

Check out some renegade stuff by coach Davies or EDT style workout by Charles Staley.

[quote]PhilG wrote:

Check out some renegade stuff by coach Davies or EDT style workout by Charles Staley.[/quote]

Thats what I was going to say check out full body EDT. Brutal but effective.

Thanks for the reply,

Personaly, the first time I tried TBT I didnt find that very challenging. The workouts are really fast and quicks. The rest time between sets are also too long imo. It doesnt stimulate the Heartbeat enough…

[quote]grimskunk wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Personaly, the first time I tried TBT I didnt find that very challenging. The workouts are really fast and quicks. The rest time between sets are also too long imo. It doesnt stimulate the Heartbeat enough…[/quote]

I don’t think you have any idea what you’re talking about.

[quote]grimskunk wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Personaly, the first time I tried TBT I didnt find that very challenging. The workouts are really fast and quicks. The rest time between sets are also too long imo. It doesnt stimulate the Heartbeat enough…[/quote]

Uh, add weight, reps/sets, reduce your rest periods, try supersets??

[quote]OneEye wrote:

I don’t think you have any idea what you’re talking about.[/quote]

Why are you saying that?? Because I didn’t react the same way as YOU? Because YOU are the man?? Great help. Thanks.

[quote]ocn2000 wrote:
grimskunk wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Personaly, the first time I tried TBT I didnt find that very challenging. The workouts are really fast and quicks. The rest time between sets are also too long imo. It doesnt stimulate the Heartbeat enough…

Uh, add weight, reps/sets, reduce your rest periods, try supersets??[/quote]

Duh!..I followed the program as prescribed. (I did use supersets!)

[quote]grimskunk wrote:
ocn2000 wrote:
grimskunk wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Personaly, the first time I tried TBT I didnt find that very challenging. The workouts are really fast and quicks. The rest time between sets are also too long imo. It doesnt stimulate the Heartbeat enough…

Uh, add weight, reps/sets, reduce your rest periods, try supersets??

Duh!..I followed the program as prescribed. (I did use supersets!)

[/quote]

if the rest periods are to long and it is not challenging to you maybe you shoulda added some weight?

The load was high enough, because I lifted the weights right before failure. I think I was just recovering fast.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
grimskunk wrote:
ocn2000 wrote:
grimskunk wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Personaly, the first time I tried TBT I didnt find that very challenging. The workouts are really fast and quicks. The rest time between sets are also too long imo. It doesnt stimulate the Heartbeat enough…

Uh, add weight, reps/sets, reduce your rest periods, try supersets??

Duh!..I followed the program as prescribed. (I did use supersets!)

if the rest periods are to long and it is not challenging to you maybe you shoulda added some weight?[/quote]

I haven’t tried TBT but I am in the middle of Quattro Dynamo (also by CW) and is a butt kicker man. The “Endurance strength” day immediately following the “Max Strength” day really get the blood flowing - if you haven’t done QD, i highly recommend it.