Total Body Training (Clean and Press)

Is what program I’m starting. Been training for about 2 years and noticed that full body has been the best for me. Following the guidelines it seems like I should stick to complexes that are kinda push/pull specific. Think it would be ok to not do a complex that is a shoulders, chest, etc. and do clean and press as one of the main exercizes?

Your shoulder would be fried from doing a complex that uses your shoulders in every lift.

What are your goals? Bodybuilding or Powerlifting?

If its bodybuilding then it is highly suggested you split the body into parts. If powerlifting then split it into movements.

Not trying to tell you what to do but ALL bodybuilders and powerlifters use a split routine.

Actually Im curious. Did you give split training a try? And if so how did you set it up?

Ya I have done split training before. A full body routine isn’t out of the ordinary and a lot of bodybuilders in previous years solely did this. If you read the article or clicked the one I posted it is a full body routine by Chad Waterbury. I was going to give it a try as every time I do a full body vs. a split I see better results. My main goal is to build strength, and muscle is secondary. Which will come with strength. My question was that instead of doing Bench, Squat, Pull-ups, Military Press for example, could I replace the Military Press with a Clean and Press or does that not fit into the program.

[quote]dles91 wrote:
My main goal is to build strength, and muscle is secondary. [/quote]

If that’s the case maybe this is the wrong forum to post this in?

[quote]forbes wrote:
Not trying to tell you what to do but ALL bodybuilders and powerlifters use a split routine.
[/quote]

Not really, there are some corners of the world where full body is still popular. I’ve seen last years IPF bench champion, Freddi Smulter, recommend full body for strength a couple of times and I think I remember a few other finnish powerlifters that train full body. Sheiko is also growing in popularity and some versions of it have squat, bench and deadlift on almost all workouts.

I realise that this is the bodybuilding forum and this discussion doesn’t really belong here though. Hell, I don’t even like full body myself lol.

[quote]plateau wrote:

[quote]dles91 wrote:
My main goal is to build strength, and muscle is secondary. [/quote]

If that’s the case maybe this is the wrong forum to post this in?[/quote]

And on that note, if strength is your main goal. I would see what strongman and powerlifters are doing. I can garantuee that a very little amount of them use full body routines. Derek Poundstone, Americas Strongest Man uses a regular 5 way split. Matt Kroc 5 way split. catching the drift…

[quote]Matsa wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:
Not trying to tell you what to do but ALL bodybuilders and powerlifters use a split routine.
[/quote]

Not really, there are some corners of the world where full body is still popular. I’ve seen last years IPF bench champion, Freddi Smulter, recommend full body for strength a couple of times and I think I remember a few other finnish powerlifters that train full body. Sheiko is also growing in popularity and some versions of it have squat, bench and deadlift on almost all workouts.

I realise that this is the bodybuilding forum and this discussion doesn’t really belong here though. Hell, I don’t even like full body myself lol.[/quote]

Alright maybe not ALL use a split routine, but the majority of them do, and that was the point I was trying to make. He should be doing what the majority are doing and emulate them.