Toronto - Where The Gyms At?

Hey Canadians - Where are the gyms in Toronto, specifically near the intersection of 404 and 401?

I did a search in Google Maps and there’s just about nothing! There’s got to be something! All those hot Canadian women have to lift somewhere!!!

There’s a Goodlife Fitness at Lawrence and Victoria Park. I’ve been there a couple times and it’s hit and miss with the ladies. Some serious BB’ers there though. 404/401 is right where I am now. There’s a good gym downtown for training - DCC - not good for the girls, but pretty good for the equipment.

HA! Just kidding about the ladies, although Canadian chicks are hot.

I need some heavy weights to lift.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
HA! Just kidding about the ladies, although Canadian chicks are hot.

I need some heavy weights to lift.[/quote]

We all lift in my garage. Said to say it’s in Hamilton. I’d just hit up the Goodlife. It’s a commercial gym but they generally have a couple of racks and decent equipment. I’ve never been bothered about chalk or any of the oddball things I’ve done there.

I think this is the location http://goodlifefitness.com/ClubDetails.aspx?ClubNo=112

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I think this is the location http://goodlifefitness.com/ClubDetails.aspx?ClubNo=112
[/quote]

If you’re going here and want a good PWO meal, there’s a spot I go to around this club called Ibrahim’s.

It’s a Shawarma place. Huge portions of meat, potatoes rice and also standard shawarma wraps.

It’s open until 3:30am every night too which is great. Also I recommend bringing cash, it will save you about a dollar.

If you do go, it’s a little tucked away on a side street, but still visible from Lawrence.

Last week confirmed that Toronto is full of hot women.

Fitness Connection, LA fitness, at don mills/steeles. Other than that there are tonnes of goodlifes around that area.

The Y downtown has a pretty decent gym. Nice modern facility and pretty cheap.

www.evolutionstrengthsystems.com/?page_id=17 this is a pretty good place i’ve heard

… Bump

I’m gonna be near Dundas/Yonge in downtown Toronto sometime soon.

If you had to pick between GoodLife and Extreme Fitnes (both pretty close) which is more likely to have heavy DB, HS equipment, and barbells?

Thanks!

Goodlife Fitness locations are hit and miss - I have to go to a couple locations just to get all the equipment I desire.

One has a great selection of HS machines, but has shitty plates and a DB set that only goes to 100lb.

The other location has DBs that go up to 150lb, has high quality plates, but is lacking on the machine selection.

That being said, if you grunt, use chalk, take off your shoes they leave you alone

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
If you had to pick between GoodLife and Extreme Fitnes (both pretty close) which is more likely to have heavy DB, HS equipment, and barbells?

Thanks![/quote]

Never been to Extreme Fitness, so can’t comment on that.

Most Goodlife gyms I’ve been to have a decent selection of Hammer Strength equipment, 1-2 power racks, but I’ve never seen dumbbells exceeding 120 lbs there. In fact, many only go to 100 lbs.

Thanks for the info. I’ll probably have to walk by Extreme to get to Goodlife, so I peek my head into Extreme and see what it’s all aboot.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Thanks for the info. I’ll probably have to walk by Extreme to get to Goodlife, so I peek my head into Extreme and see what it’s all aboot.[/quote]

they both suck! lol

my gym has dumbbells up to 200lbs, lots of HS machines, and IFBB pros. but its nowhere near downtown :slight_smile:

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Thanks for the info. I’ll probably have to walk by Extreme to get to Goodlife, so I peek my head into Extreme and see what it’s all aboot.[/quote]

they both suck! lol

my gym has dumbbells up to 200lbs, lots of HS machines, and IFBB pros. but its nowhere near downtown :)[/quote]

Ended up at Goodlife. Extreme Fitness was extreme expensive and extreme douchebag. Goodlife had enough.

There is one guy there who does ‘ez bar power clean curls’ three nights in a row now. Pretty funny.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

they both suck! lol

my gym has dumbbells up to 200lbs, lots of HS machines, and IFBB pros. but its nowhere near downtown :)[/quote]

Ended up at Goodlife. Extreme Fitness was extreme expensive and extreme douchebag. Goodlife had enough.

There is one guy there who does ‘ez bar power clean curls’ three nights in a row now. Pretty funny.[/quote]

LOL yea we have alot of “dude, bro, studs” in toronto who think full body air hump curls where you use every muscle to get the weight up is the road to jack3d.

What gym are you referring to wannabebig and where is it?

[quote]cally wrote:
What gym are you referring to wannabebig and where is it?[/quote]

Without even knowing for sure i am going to guess 365 fitness since you mentioned IFBB pros train there.

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]cally wrote:
What gym are you referring to wannabebig and where is it?[/quote]

Without even knowing for sure i am going to guess 365 fitness since you mentioned IFBB pros train there.[/quote]

Frank McGrath trains at the two Goodlife’s in Brampton