Toronto Mayor on Crack?

This was on the front page of my Toronto Star this morning. The mayor and his spokespeople have so far refused any comment.

A few weeks ago, a Toronto councillor commented on Mayor Ford’s apparent intoxication at a public event, a military ball, although there were no alcohol fumes on his breath:

Now we get this:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, both in the media, and with his political opponents. In the past, he has portrayed himself as a victim of a Toronto Star vendetta and, for some time, has cut off all access to his office by Toronto Star reporters. So, in a way this looks like media payback, but I believe that really, he has just completely lost the plot.

So much for his very right wing “stop the gravy train” campaign of cuts to taxes and spending.

I’ve thought obama was on crack for the longest time.

All on the word of some biased reporter who apparently saw the video in the back of a car with a bunch of drug dealers. Sounds credible to me.

I think he is the victim of the Toronto Star. No way would they be attacking him like this if he was from the left.

The Somalian drug dealers who shot this video are asking for $200k for this video to be released.

People have already pledged something like $30k last I checked.

What I can’t believe is that people will happily hand over a fifth of a million dollars to DRUG DEALERS just to see this video.

edited for bad math

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The Somalian drug dealers who shot this video are asking for $200k for this video to be released.

People have already pledged something like $30k last I checked.

What I can’t believe is that people will happily hand over a fifth of a million dollars to DRUG DEALERS just to see this video.

edited for bad math[/quote]

What else would you expect from NDP voters?

[quote]pat wrote:
I’ve thought obama was on crack for the longest time.[/quote]

He did do a lot of weed, and ‘maybe a bit of blow’. Not too far.
With Ford, crackhead or not, he’s not creating these crazy expensive 5 year plans that’ll jack up taxes. I remember David Miller and his 120k spending on just surveying his office =/…all our incompetent city council employees received 6 figure + salaries. Did you know they all voted to ban plastic bags last year?

This just keeps getting better and better:

Today in The Star:

“Rob Ford video scandal: Ford family faces fresh drug-related allegations in published report. Doug Ford said there is no truth to new allegations the Ford family has a history with drugs and he was involved in selling hashish…”

Now admittedly, this is dredging up some pretty ancient hearsay. Nonetheless, it’s another story, this time published first in the Globe and Mail, that casts the Mayor’s brother, a Toronto councillor, in a pretty bad light.

"There is no truth to new allegations the Ford family has a history with drugs and he himself was involved in selling hashish, Coun. Doug Ford said Saturday.

He called the media “little sleaze bags” after an article in the Globe and Mail Saturday claimed he sold hash in Etobicoke during the 1980s (Etobicoke is a Toronto suburb).

“You are little sleaze bags going after family. You’re nothing but a bunch of scums.” he told the CBC.

“The Globe’s article also claims his brother, Randy Ford, was once charged in relation to a drug-related kidnapping and that their sister, Kathy Ford, has been the victim of drug-related gun violence in the past.”

“I think it’s pretty low, and a bunch of sleazy, sleazy journalism. It has gone to the bottom of the barrel. it makes me sick,” he told Global."

By the way, if any of you feel like contributing to the Gawker fundraising effort to buy a copy of the alleged Rob Ford crack-smoking video, you can do that here:

As of this morning, the campaign has generated $145,000 in civic-minded donations. The only snag is that the dealers who were trying to sell the video have gone quiet.

Edit for Update: Now up to $161,000 (May 25). Only $39,000 to go!

Whats the problem with crack?

Don’t like it? Don’t smoke it.

Wow 145k…if only charities were this important lol

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

I have no problem with drug users, as a general rule. Live and let live, I say; the only ones they may be harming are themselves. Well, I guess that is not strictly true. Since the drugs in question are illegal, people who want or need to support that habit may become lawbreakers. In the case of the mayor and his brother, the family owns a very profitable manufacturing business, so they have the cashflow to support what appears to be an occasional hobby, not a full-on addiction.

What I do have a problem with is the sanctimonious hypocrisy of fat-cat politicians who back a law and order, anti-drugs agenda, while allegedly being drug using lawbreakers themselves.

A quick google search afforded me this hilarious tidbit, you go Rob Ford, you clumsy crack-ridden devil you.

I dont get crack.

So, weed and booze is not good enough?

You absolutely must fry your brain?

[quote]cakewalk wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

I have no problem with drug users, as a general rule. Live and let live, I say; the only ones they may be harming are themselves. Well, I guess that is not strictly true. Since the drugs in question are illegal, people who want or need to support that habit may become lawbreakers. In the case of the mayor and his brother, the family owns a very profitable manufacturing business, so they have the cashflow to support what appears to be an occasional hobby, not a full-on addiction.

What I do have a problem with is the sanctimonious hypocrisy of fat-cat politicians who back a law and order, anti-drugs agenda, while allegedly being drug using lawbreakers themselves.[/quote]

I understand.

I just posted that to try to get past the newspaper/interwebs stuff and get to the actual thoughts on the matter.

I’m really not a big fan of crack myself either. Having had a really bad habit and lost several friends to it, I’ve seen the destruction that can be wrought first hand.

[quote]orion wrote:
I dont get crack.

So, weed and booze is not good enough?

You absolutely must fry your brain?

[/quote]

Yes. As a matter of fact, that about sums it up.

lol that video of him running into the camera cracked me up. I don’t think it means he’s on drugs but it was funny.

Has any one found the actual video of him smoking the alleged Crack ?

this video is very critical of Ford and infers his brash behavior may be the reason of the allegation

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
this video is very critical of Ford and infers his brash behavior may be the reason of the allegation

He sounds like just enough of a moron to actually be a crack user. I’ve not seen one thing about this guy yet that hasn’t just painted him as a big dumb goof. He’s starting to look like the Curly Howard of politics.

The only thing I can even think to say in his defence on this, is that he’s entirely too fat to be a regular crack smoker.

He should use more crack. He may lose some weight.