T Nation

Torn Meniscus in My Knee

Hey all i was just wondering if anyone else has done this and how long it took to recover and what exercises they did to help strengthen it and if they could do full squats and stuff like that again.the physio said it normaly takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal

I’ve had 2 ACL surgeries (that includes torn meniscus’),

my lay off was 10-12 months on both occasions.

I can do everything in the gym without pain, including parallel or slightly below squats.

Has your doctor not prescribed a PT? or even a plan for you?

Biking is your friend. Make it your bitch on all the hard levels and you’ll be well on to your recovery.

After that, leg extensions are great for me, obviously not at a pain-inducing effort, but for strengthening purposes.

i have been to see physio the rapist but i have not been to a doctor because i thought a physio would know more about it. hes got me doing a single leg squat but above parallel and has given me acupuncture in the injured leg. Do you think it is still worth going to a doctor aswell or just stick with physio and ask him weather cycling would help orif it to soon.And thanks for the reply

[quote]jack-jack wrote:
i have been to see physio the rapist but i have not been to a doctor because i thought a physio would know more about it. hes got me doing a single leg squat but above parallel and has given me acupuncture in the injured leg. Do you think it is still worth going to a doctor aswell or just stick with physio and ask him weather cycling would help orif it to soon.And thanks for the reply
[/quote]

This is fine, unless your knee is unable to reach full extension or is giving way, that would be an indication for surgery because you dont want to tear your knee up if its locked up.