Torn Labrum in Both Shoulders

Hi,

I am trying to keep my strength and power training up however I have had confirmed posterior labrum tears on both shoulders. This means that I am now unable to hold any weights (holding Dumbbells or Barbell) more than my rehab of 2kg.

Please how can I keep my strength and power training up when I am unable to do most exercises? I am training with leg press, lunges on smith machine, leg curls and lots of abdominals but I need to know if there is more exercise and training style wise.

I was quite fit and strong before this came on and now am so frustrated at the limitations.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[quote]kate-hooper wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to keep my strength and power training up however I have had confirmed posterior labrum tears on both shoulders. This means that I am now unable to hold any weights (holding Dumbbells or Barbell) more than my rehab of 2kg.

Please how can I keep my strength and power training up when I am unable to do most exercises? I am training with leg press, lunges on smith machine, leg curls and lots of abdominals but I need to know if there is more exercise and training style wise.

I was quite fit and strong before this came on and now am so frustrated at the limitations.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

The best person to ask would be whoever your rehabbing with. How did you sustain the tears, traumatic or atraumatic?