T Nation

Torn Adductor - Alternative Exercises

Not sure if this is the best place to post as I am not a powerlifter. I train for strength and condition for MMA.

Issue is, I tore an Adductor, no real swelling but lots of pain. I am obviously having to take time off from my grappling and striking training but want to do whatever possible to minimise muscle loss to my legs.

Last night I did SLDL and some leg extensions on a machine (first time doing them in years.) Both seemed not to cause iritation to the injury.

I tried squatting with just the bar but felt it and therefore didn't continue.

What I want to know is what leg excercises would be safe for me whilst the muscle heals. Normally I Squat, Box Squat, Deadlift and Power Clean for my lower body.

Any suggestions gladly recieved (even just telling me a better forum to post this in)

First of all, you shouldn’t listen to me since I strained my adductor about 3 months ago and it’s still not better…

However, I have found that any Squatting motion, even with just the bar aggrivates it. Exercises that don’t seem to cause any pain include DL’s, RDL’s, Rack Pulls, Good Mornings, Hypers, Reverse Hypers, GHR’s, and Leg Extensions.

I hate to admit that I have been using Leg Eextensions, but it’s the only thing that I have found for my quads that doesn’t seem to aggrivate it. Lunges, Step Ups, Bulgarian Split Squats all irritate it.

Good luck. If you find a cure, please let me know, as I’d like to Squat again sometime in the near future.

LOL, thanks for the response. I was planning to try full DLs in my next training session