T Nation

Topical Fat Loss?

forbes…can’t post them until wednesday or so…

search google for this article “the science of topical fat loss”

it is one of the best articles i’ve ever read on this subject…

Keep me updated.

Wouldn’t dead fat cells just sit there at their current size? Wouldn’t that be counter productive?

I know dead fat cells are common deep within fat-masses of really fat people (obese)… but I thought they were problematic… will your body re-absorb a dead fat cell?

i’m not really certain…the immune system is definitely involved…

thats interesting that obese carry dead fat cells, though…possibly due to the high amount of inflamation in their body…

they should buy some Indigo-3G, lol

Bump

Isopropyl alcohol or Propylene glycol, Water, and glycerin

that is a basic delivery mixture for soemthing like this…

then you would add more specialized penetration enhancers…like Azone or Thiazone…

Btw in case you are wondering why i’m researching this…I’m in the process of creating a supplement company, and this is one idea that i’m evaluating…as most topical fat loss agents are ineffective or highly overpriced…

Sweet man! Heck, if and when you develop a topical fat loss agent, I’ll be one of the first to buy.

I wish Biotest would develop one.

Systemic fat loss products don’t seem like they’d target a specific problem area effectively.

Hey, do you know of any current topical fat loss products that are effective? PM if you dont want to answer here.

In another thread, someone said ICY HOT could help to emulsify fat. I don’t know how effective that’d be.

I don’t think there is any worth mentioning…

I will even admit that if a company did make a product with the right carriers/ingredients…I don’t think that these type of products can lead to super dramatic changes…they lead to small but relevant changes…

as i said earlier, the blood flow in the region is a huge constraint…as fatty acids move through passive transport through the blood stream…if the blood isn’t moving to these stubborn body fat areas then fat is going to get stored there…There is obviously little we can do to influence this…

with that being said…I think it is ridiculous to pay $50 for something that will only burn an extra 2-5mm of fat…I rather spend my money on other things…Ultimately, the price should match the results…