Topical Fat Burners?

Does anyone have any experience with topical fat burners? I am thinking about trying one from one of those “research companies,” but, I’m very skeptical. Thanks

Don’t.

I tried Targex and don’t think it did much. Plus, I think there is an exclusive deal now and only one place sells it. Their prices are exorbitant.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Yeah, Targex was the one I tried as well.

I bet I know which ‘exorbitantly priced’ site you are on about JS :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

Haha. No doubt you do.

My buddy tried the Tagex as well…

Funny thing is, the poor bastard doesn’t know how to properly manage a diet, so he actually got fatter…lol

[quote]World1187 wrote:
My buddy tried the Tagex as well…

Funny thing is, the poor bastard doesn’t know how to properly manage a diet, so he actually got fatter…lol[/quote]

Ha!

Now THAT’s funny!

:wink:

I tried one of the yohimbine based products, and can’t say I noticed anything significant.

Unless you are reading the manufacturers propaganda I have never once heard someone who had good results with topical fat burners. It would be great if this stuff works but I’m afraid that it is just overpriced hype.

I used a yohimbine one. I didn’t notice a change. But it was probably my diet. I know a few people that love it. They use it when cutting for a figure competition.

Claire

I have used them and I can say they do work. Now the question is it a diretic effect or is the yohimbe in the product actually helping you lose bodyfat in the area. I think its a directic effect personally, but it has helped me get past plateus before.

Poliquin has recommended both the licorice root cream as well as the yohimbine based products as part of his biosignature program.

I can even remember reading recommendations from a well known MD as well.

Perhaps the lack of real world results for so many who have tried these products has to do with something other than the ineffectiveness of the main active ingredients.

There could be issues with the transdermal carriers not adequately getting the drug into the subcutaneous fat, or perhaps the dosing is not optimal for results.

I agree with Bushy that an evolution concerning these products and their effectiveness should be coming.

I also think it’s important to note that they are meant to release stubborn fat stores (particularly in the lower abs and the upper thigh region) into the bloodstream so they can be used for energy. Diet and exercise still have to be on point to see results.

With the moniker “topical fat burner”, I can picture housewives rubbing some on their gut before they sit down to watch Oprah and expecting the rolls to wither into the ether.

Perhaps “topical fat releaser” is more appropriate.