Topical Beta-Glycyrrhetinic Acid

What type of chemical vehicle could be utilized to apply Beta-Glycyrrhetinic Acid transdermally?

I don’t want to use DMSO as I have no desire to dissolve my skin.

Isn’t alcohol what they used to use in Androsol?

Is there commercially available product out there that already has Beta-Glycyrrhetinic Acid in it?

Any thoughts on how that compound will affect T levels?

What I’ve read, G-acid can affect T to the point of effectively being chemical castration.

Get some Movelat salicylate gel if they sell it in your neck of the woods and mix it with that, but what do you want it for anyway ?

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
Get some Movelat salicylate gel if they sell it in your neck of the woods and mix it with that, but what do you want it for anyway ?

[/quote]

It’s an experiment on my wife. I can’t find the link to the abstract but it basically stated that topical application of Beta-Glycyrrhetinic Acid caused a reduction in bodyfat. It’s theorized that it prevents cortisol from acting on the fat cells making it easier for them to release stored energy during dieting. I thought it might be helpful for my wife since she is a chronic insomniac with a high stress job. She always looses weight but not in those stubborn areas. I figure it’s a more affordable alternative to paying for more cosmetic surgery.

[quote]ScienceGuy wrote:
Any thoughts on how that compound will affect T levels?

What I’ve read, G-acid can affect T to the point of effectively being chemical castration.[/quote]

No clue but it apparently reduces cortisol.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:

[/quote]

Here is the link.

[quote]ConanSpeaks wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:

Here is the link.

Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application - PubMed [/quote]

I don’t know much about it, except Glycyrrhetinic Acid being used as a flavouring which masks very sour and bitter tastes like quinine and sour citrus.

ChemOne makes a product called Targex that is Glycyherrtinic Acid. No reports of T reduction. I think that research generally is equivocal.

Actually I don’t think ChemOne makes Targex. They bought it off of some guy that made it himself. The formula IMO is all messed up and the guy is an ass clown.

The guy that makes it uses PLOgel to attempt to get it from going systemic. And the GA doesn’t go systemic, but it has nothing to do with the TDS. So the PLOgel was an amateurish solution.

As proof I submit what the complete ingredient list that the study on GA that is so often cited uses.

The ingredients for the cream are:

water
glycerin
octyl stearate
cetearyl alcohol
carbomer
disodium EDTA
propylene glycol
glyceryl stearate
methylparaben
ceteareth-12
propylparaben
PEG-40 castor oil
sodium dehydroacetate
2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol
ethylparaben
phenoxyethanol
sodium hydroxide
sodium cetearyl sulfate

No PLOgel needed to get it to go transdermal or to keep it localized. To me Targex was a bad product. It stained my clothes and bed sheets, and when I think that the reason for this is PLOgel and it wasn’t needed it really makes me a little pissed off at the chemist who created it for not doing enough research to refine the product.

[quote]ConanSpeaks wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:

Here is the link.

Yuppers.

This study cited used 2.5%glycyrrhetinic acid (80 mg applied daily).

The excipients or vehicle used contained:

Water, glycerin, octyl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, carbomer, disodium EDTA, propylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, methylparaben, ceteareth-12, propylparaben, PEG-40 castor oil, sodium dehydroacetate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, ethylparaben, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, sodium cetearyl sulfate.

It was obtained from NewFields in Padua, Italy.

Hey Jablome or whatever…

Not sure why you are calling me an ass clown when you were praising me before when I worked with Chaos, not sure why is your problem with me, I do not even know younor do I think you truly know me so who is ass clown now?

Carlito

Conan,

Did you ever find a suitable source for this?

If you did, anything to report as of yet?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Conan,

Did you ever find a suitable source for this?

If you did, anything to report as of yet?[/quote]

I second that. The research here looks very promising, I’m surprised I haven’t heard more about this. Any follow-up to this thread, or has anyone used Targex or an equivalent and care to share the results?

I tried it for 5 weeks keeping my diet and training the same and didn’t notice anything except I swore I retained a little more water but that could have been in my head. Then again I don’t have access to ultrasound equipment like they had in the study so maybe the change was too small for me to notice visually.

Carlito: Does TargeX work or not?(Same for your rival Yohimburn?) Do you have to be at a low bodyfat before using/seeing results?(pecs/abs/obliques)…

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Carlito: Does TargeX work or not?(Same for your rival Yohimburn?) Do you have to be at a low bodyfat before using/seeing results?(pecs/abs/obliques)…[/quote]

Thanks for asking,

TargeX does work and thisproduct was formulated based on this study:

Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application.

Armanini D, Nacamulli D, Francini-Pesenti F, Battagin G, Ragazzi E, Fiore C.

Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy.

Cortisol is involved in the distribution and deposition of fat, and its action is regulated by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice root, blocks 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus reducing the availability of cortisol at the level of adipocytes. We evaluated the effect of topical application of a cream containing glycyrrhetinic acid in the thickness of fat at the level of the thigh. Eighteen healthy women (age range 20-33 years) with normal BMI were randomly allocated to treatment, at the level of the dominant thigh, with a cream containing 2.5% glycyrrhetinic acid (n=9) or with a placebo cream containing the excipients alone (n=9). Before and after 1 month of treatment both the circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer of the thighs (by ultrasound analysis) were measured. The circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer were significantly reduced in comparison to the controlateral untreated thigh and to control subjects treated with the placebo cream. No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol. The effect of glycyrrhetinic acid on the thickness of subcutaneous fat was likely related to a block of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 at the level of fat cells; therefore, glycyrrhetinic acid could be effectively used in the reduction of unwanted local fat accumulation.

If you read the original abstract you will note that …

“No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol”,

There was no change in plasma cortisol; cortisol was lowered only in the fat cells, this is telling us that little if any of the compound was absorbed systemically or we would see a drop in whole body, i.e. plasma cortisol.

To answer your second question, NO TargeX is not like Yohimburn at all, YB ingredients are HCL YB, ALCAR, Histidine and others…well these are good in aiding the body to burn/mobilize fat but in my opnion these are out together in a TDS instead of a capsule, simple as that! I personally do not think YB has a localized fat burning effect and if there is any is more likely water loss due to its ingredients, not trying to take credit off this productas I know of good feedback and coming from someone ( me ) who used it before i feel safe to say what I said above.

TargeX targets subcutaneous fat by blocking cortisol’s fat accumulatiing properties and more.

Thanks,

Carlito