“666?”

No, it’s 6-6-2006. Duh.

[quote]hedo wrote:
June 6th. to me is D-Day. [/quote]

Me too. Flew the flag today.

[quote]Jasno wrote:
Thought I would add one more…

Domino’s 6-6-6 Deal - The Satan Lovers Pizza![/quote]

What would the toppings on the pizza be?

Wait a minute. I thought Ronald Reagan was the Beast-- Ronald-6 Wilson-6 Reagan-6? And how could he have gotten Alzheimer’s Disease if he was THE BEAST? Wouldn’t the Beast be immune to that stuff?

And what about when you play Ozzie Osbourne albums backward?

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZDdkZGE4NTg1YzNhNmU0NmI0ZmVmODk2NzJlZThkMTA=

Number of the Beast [John Derbyshire]

Tomorrow is 6-6-6 (if you ignore zeros). Here is the entry for 666 in David Wells’s Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers .

The 36th triangular number (666 = 1/2 x 36 x 37) and the Number of the Beast in the Book of Revelation:  'Here is wisdom.  Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man, and his number is six hundred, three score and six.'

A number beloved of occultists, who throughout the ages have used gematria to find the Number of the Beast in the names of their enemies, political or theological.  The fact that some ancient authorities give the number as 616 has not deterred tham.  With a little ingenuity, both numbers can be found instead of just one.

Peter Bungus made Luther equal to 666, by using the old system, which counts A-I as 1-9, K-S as 10-90, and T-Z as 100-500.  Bungus read Luther's name as Martin Luthera, half German and half Latin, a typical bit of skulduggery, but Bungus was an expert.  He wrote a dictionary of numerological symbolism.

666 in Roman numerals is DCLXVI, which uses each letter under M (1000) once, which has led to the suggestion that this is the origin of 666.  It could merely be a way of expressing some large, or vague, number.

-2 sin(666) is a good approximation to the Golden Ratio, phi.

phi(666) = 216 = 6 x 6 x 6

[Note from Derb: Confusingly, Wells is using phi in two difference and unconnected ways here. First, he’s using it to refer to the Golden Ratio 1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772…, a.k.a. (Sqr(5)+1)/2. Second, he’s using it to refer to the Euler Totient function, which for any positive integer N is defined to be the number of positive integers not exceeding and relatively prime to N. phi(15), for example, is eight: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14. Note you are allowed to count 1, but not (illogically, but it makes the downstream math simpler) N. Note also that in regard to -2 sin(666) being a “good approximation” to phi, Wells forgets to say that he means 666 degrees, not radians; and it isn’t just a good approximation, it’s precisely equal, because of some well-known properties of sin(k*pi/10) for whole numbers k. But never mind all that, here’s the one I really like…]

666 = 2^2 + 3^2 + 5^2 + 7^2 + 11^2 + 13^2 + 17^2, the sum of the squares of the first seven primes.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:

And what about when you play Ozzie Osbourne albums backward?[/quote]

This is a myth. the truth is, when you play them backwards, you get the theme song for the TeleTubbies.

What a let down!

I was hoping to get my TEOTWAWKI on!

I had my BOB packed with Turkey Spam and KJV bibles.

A Camelback full of Holy water.

A custom mafe highspeed low drag titanium crucifix.

I was wearing XXL MARPAT BDU’s and I had my SHTF rifle loaded with handloaded silver hollowpoints.

AND NOTHING WENT DOWN!

No Zombies or anything.

Satan is a bitch.

[quote]hedo wrote:

Amen, forget this superstitious talk of the “end of the world” and take a moment and remember the time when it really did look like the end of the world as we knew it(Nazis controlled Europe and Japanese controlled the Pacific) and the actions of many brave Americans pushed it back and secured our freedoms. Remember we stand on the shoulders of Giants!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
hedo wrote:
June 6th. to me is D-Day.

Me too. Flew the flag today.[/quote]

i fly the flag EVERYDAY, as it should be.

[quote]GunnyBear wrote:
hedo wrote:

Amen, forget this superstitious talk of the “end of the world” and take a moment and remember the time when it really did look like the end of the world as we knew it(Nazis controlled Europe and Japanese controlled the Pacific) and the actions of many brave Americans pushed it back and secured our freedoms. Remember we stand on the shoulders of Giants!
[/quote]

What about the brave Russians(much more important than any Americans in defeating the Nazis)British,French etc Or do you genuinely believe that it was only Americans?

Remember this is a website viewed by people from all over the world you ignorant prick!

[quote]Harry Flashman wrote:
GunnyBear wrote:
hedo wrote:

What about the brave Russians(much more important than any Americans in defeating the Nazis)British,French etc Or do you genuinely believe that it was only Americans?

Remember this is a website viewed by people from all over the world you ignorant prick![/quote]

THE RUSSIANS??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
CANADA WAS THE FIRST IN THERE FIGHTING THE NAZIS, THE AMERICANS AND OTHERS FOLLOWED. Maybe you guys need to do some research on what happened…

[quote]hedo wrote:

Amen, brother, amen.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:

Professor X wrote:
This is a myth. the truth is, when you play them backwards, you get the theme song for the TeleTubbies.[/quote]

Furthermore, did you know that when you play a Back Street Boys album backwards…it sounds better? Yeah, it’s true.

[quote]mike08042 wrote:
Harry Flashman wrote:
GunnyBear wrote:
hedo wrote:

Remember this is a website viewed by people from all over the world you ignorant prick!

THE RUSSIANS??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
CANADA WAS THE FIRST IN THERE FIGHTING THE NAZIS, THE AMERICANS AND OTHERS FOLLOWED. Maybe you guys need to do some research on what happened…
[/quote]

actually the russians, or more accurately the soviets, did play a major part in the european theater.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Furthermore, did you know that when you play a Back Street Boys album backwards…it sounds better? Yeah, it’s true.[/quote]

Actually, for best sound quality, rub a rusty nail all over the CD.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
chinadoll wrote:

This is a myth. the truth is, when you play them backwards, you get the theme song for the TeleTubbies.[/quote]

I think the Teletubbies look rather scary.