WTF are Metabolic Drive Bars?[/quote]

Same as Grow! bars, marketed for women at F-heit.com

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
WTF are Metabolic Drive Bars?

Same as Grow! bars, marketed for women at F-heit.com[/quote]

Uhhh no. Have you tried one yet?
Do so and get back to me.
The Grow! bar is palpable; but not candy. Grow! bars pale in comparison to them. Read Berardi’s review of them too.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
WTF are Metabolic Drive Bars?

Same as Grow! bars, marketed for women at F-heit.com

Uhhh no. Have you tried one yet?
Do so and get back to me.
The Grow! bar is palpable; but not candy. Grow! bars pale in comparison to them. Read Berardi’s review of them too. [/quote]

Palpable? as in you can feel them?

I think you mean palatable.

You said that the Waterbury Method is your favorite program, I am planning on doing it next month. Its the first program that I have done by him, does that matter or is there a pattern for the programs i should follow?

[quote]bosox4L wrote:
You said that the Waterbury Method is your favorite program, I am planning on doing it next month. Its the first program that I have done by him, does that matter or is there a pattern for the programs i should follow?[/quote]

There was an old reccomended pattern but it was the first one of his I did. No issues! If you’ve trained hard before go for it! You’ll love the results!

futuredave wrote:

Some Grow!. I don’t use it too often b/c of the price. I’ve been using at night lately instead of cottage cheese. Take your pick for the same price…Grow! or Cottage Cheese. I’ll take the Grow! anyday since I don’t like cottage cheese for some reason.
I’ve generally used Costco’s protein but I’m tending more towards Grow! now since Biotest just sent me a TON of it…
Biotest is amazing. Tim Patterson said he wanted to send me some Grow! and Spike. Three days later my doorbell rings and there are two huge boxes at my door-step containing 12 jugs of Grow, a bottle of Spike, and the Metablolic Drive bars.
.[/quote]

I highly recommend the Strawberry. I ordered one jug and I’m addicted now.

How many grams of protein are you eating during your bulk cycle?

Great job PP! That`s some weight you are throwing around…

e (Veggie too)

[quote]futuredave wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
futuredave wrote:

Some Grow!. I don’t use it too often b/c of the price. I’ve been using at night lately instead of cottage cheese. Take your pick for the same price…Grow! or Cottage Cheese. I’ll take the Grow! anyday since I don’t like cottage cheese for some reason.
I’ve generally used Costco’s protein but I’m tending more towards Grow! now since Biotest just sent me a TON of it…
Biotest is amazing. Tim Patterson said he wanted to send me some Grow! and Spike. Three days later my doorbell rings and there are two huge boxes at my door-step containing 12 jugs of Grow, a bottle of Spike, and the Metablolic Drive bars.

I highly recommend the Strawberry. I ordered one jug and I’m addicted now.

How many grams of protein are you eating during your bulk cycle?

[/quote]

I’m going to try the strawberry soon…
Not sure on the protein.
When I keep a food log it’s generally around 200 grams/day
I’ve been eating more crapolic right now…and after measuring my waist last night (I balloned up to like 36) I’m going to have to start my maintenace on Monday.

I’ll be doing that for 4-8 weeks eating around 4k calories/day and doing some HIIT along with caddying on the weekends. I know the general maxim is to bulk up to maybe 20 but I’m probably about 13-15% now and I don’t like how I feel. I get winded too easily compared to lower body fat percentages.

snip useless drivel
[/quote]

You on speed or something? All your posts come across as being written by a crackhead.

[quote]pja wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
snip useless drivel

You on speed or something? All your posts come across as being written by a crackhead.
[/quote]

I’m oftenon Spike; but caffeine has a more speed-like effect on my system.
I am definetly eccentric in a lot of ways and many of my posts are written to convey this. I also don’t feel the need to read over my posts and grammatically/spelling correct them. This is a live, dynamic forum and being such I try to add more of my dynamic self to it rather than the staticness that is conveyed in essays. Think of it this way; when you read one of my posts to yourself you never need to read it monotonously.

Proteinpowda steps into the gym. He slips his headphones over his and checks himself in the mirror. His blue wifebeater is stained from the time he used bleach doing a white wash and his shorts look well worn. Regardless he turns his mp3 player onto shuffle mode and loads 4 45’s and a 10 on each side of the power rack. A loud thud can be heard as he grunts and lifts the weight and drops it on the floor in front of him.
Powda then proceeds to set himself up for his sumo dead-lift. He attempts; grunts…and doesn’t go anywhere.
With a ferocious look around the gym he decides he needs another attempt. So for 3 minute he does a very slow warm-up on the bike and then returns to the power rack (not surprisingly no-one else had need of it).
Then for a period of 5 seconds the radio in the gym was overcome by pure, animalistic, grunting. As the members of the gym turn around to see if the place is being invaded by cavemen Powda nods to himself in the mirror and starts his workout.

Moral of the story: NEW PR on Deadlifts.
425!

425![/quote]

good job man! now are you going to start a new thread? just kidding … what’s next? and are you setting actual number goals and achieving them or just getting stronger? regardless, keep up the good work.

Dan

that’s a great bench. nice DL also.
io’ve been struggling recently on bench . stuck between 245-260 for about the past two months.
i’m wondering if your bench has always been high in comparison cuz i’ve been 400+ on squats and dead for 9 or so weeks with a lacking bench even after balancing bench with pull movements.
thanks in advance,
stonsancts

[quote]Dan Fouts wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
425!

good job man! now are you going to start a new thread? just kidding … what’s next? and are you setting actual number goals and achieving them or just getting stronger? regardless, keep up the good work.

Dan

[/quote]

I’m just getting stronger.
I did 425 b/c I’ve done 4 plates before and I just picked a number that wasn’t too much of a bit to set up with plates.
As for what’s next…I’ve bulked up enough I think. I’d like to maintain and be able to see my abs soon again. My pants are becoming “snug” enough.

I don’t set goals in terms of numbers usually. I do what I can and take it as it comes. I give it my best.

[quote]stonesanctus wrote:
that’s a great bench. nice DL also.
io’ve been struggling recently on bench . stuck between 245-260 for about the past two months.
i’m wondering if your bench has always been high in comparison cuz i’ve been 400+ on squats and dead for 9 or so weeks with a lacking bench even after balancing bench with pull movements.
thanks in advance,
stonsancts[/quote]

My squat and DL should be higher but I’ve recently realized that my legs are under-developed. A lot of it can be attributed to a sprained knee from a few years ago that kept me from squatting for nearly a year. I also didn’t start deadlifting until a year ago.
But I’ve made SIGNIFICANT progress.
I went from doing 235 for 10x3 last December to having 315 as my 3RM this summer to having my last workout of 5x3 at 345lbs!

My bench has not always been that high. My first year of lifitng my goal was 245. Then after that 275…then it took a few more years to hit 300. Then along came Chad Waterbury and 50lbs in a year :slight_smile:

Ok boys! I just took in some carbs and popped a Spike. I’ve donned my Testosterone shirt and I’m ready to attempt my first 4 plate squat.

Yeah yeah yeah that’s not that much.
But considering I couldn’t walk without a limp 2.5 years ago (above mentioned knee sprain) and couldn’t jog on a treadmill for more than a mile or two until a year ago that’s a big improvement.

I might even try hitting 360 on the bench!
I’m just doing an easy…whatever I wanna do recovery week in the gym b/c I’ve been going pretty hardcore for the last 8 weeks and ahve jumped a lot of weight. I still fit in my 34’s…though they’re rather snug.

I’m going to start running some HIIT to start dropping some bodyfat and then it’ll be round 3 on the V-Diet shortly in 4-8 weeks.
Oh where oh where are my abs?
~Powda

My squat and DL should be higher but I’ve recently realized that my legs are under-developed. [/quote]

What you go buckwile and get a bigger mirror or something…?

Ok just got back. The Testosterone T-shirt did not let me down!
The new name of this thread is 365! That’s 3 45’s and a 25 on each side! I also hit a 4 plate squat (405) I tried 425 and 415 after but missed them :frowning:

[quote]pja wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:

My squat and DL should be higher but I’ve recently realized that my legs are under-developed.

What you go buckwile and get a bigger mirror or something…?
[/quote]

I always thought they were well-developed just “too hairy” to show through. So I clipped them to see what they looked like and other than the teardrop at the knee there wasn’t much down there to speak of.