Top Three Bodybuilders of All-Time

Arnold
Bill Pearl
Steve Reeves
Kevin Levrone

Okay that’s 4, but those are the four I am influenced by most. Obviously Arnold is the most popular/successful/influential, Reeves and Pearl had awesome physiques, and Levrone’s physique always amazed me, even though I felt it was a little out of proportion.

The classic look:

1 Zane

2 Schwarzenegger (legs never recovered imo)

3 Oliva/Paris

Most influential on the sport, for good or ill:

1 Schwarzenegger

2 Francis

3 Yates

Strongest (per era):

1 Pearl

2 Columbo

3 Coleman

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
Most influential on the sport, for good or ill:

1 Schwarzenegger

2 Francis

3 Yates
[/quote]

Why do you feel Francis deserves to be on this list? Not arguing, just wondering.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Best by record:
Ronnie
Haney
Arnold

Made the most impact:
Arnold
Yates
Ronnie

Most flawless physique:
Ronnie
Flex
Toss up between Levrone/Dillet/Sergio (for his time)

Just too many possible angles to go at this from to say any 3 were the “best” of all time.

[/quote]

Sento, I’m surprised Rory didn’t make your list. :wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:
Best by record:
Ronnie
Haney
Arnold

Made the most impact:
Arnold
Yates
Ronnie

Most flawless physique:
Ronnie
Flex
Toss up between Levrone/Dillet/Sergio (for his time)

Just too many possible angles to go at this from to say any 3 were the “best” of all time.

Sento, I’m surprised Rory didn’t make your list. :wink:
[/quote]

Ooh yeah! forgot bout Rory,… Paris is a good call too, especially towards the latter part of his career, when he was able to keep his lines, but sarted looking a bit thicker.

S

My favorite and best is Dorian Yates for his impact, Intensity in the gym, and his physique is awe inspiring.

2nd Branch Warren because I have met him 2 or 3 times and is a very nice guy and his physique is insane especially for his hieght.

3rd I have to say Arnold because of everything he has done for the sport and his physique is second to none.