T Nation

Top Ten Republicans Picked For Thursday Nights Debate


#1

The first debate of the season will be held tomorrow night on FOX at 8:50PM
I was disappointed to hear that Rick Perry did not make the cut as I consider him to be a viable candidate for the Party's nomination. Instead he will star with 6 others who will do a pre-debate debate at 5:00 on FOX.

So, let's hear some predictions. Will Trump embarrass himself in a field professional politicians, or will he actually gain even more momentum?

Will Jeb Bush take the lead from Trump because of a strong debate performance?

Will Scott Walker show us some strong speaking skills, something he has been lacking in my opinion (although he's a great Governor).

Will Ben Carson put in a strong debate performance? Will anyone actually be able to hear him speak? :slightly_smiling:

What do members of T Nation say?

Any predictions between now and then?

"The evening field includes Trump, ex-Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and Wisconsinâ??s union-busting Gov. Scott Walker, the leaders in the field. On stage will be Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a Tea Party champion; ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a fiery abortion and gay marriage critic; Kentuckyâ??s libertarian-minded Sen. Rand Paul; retired neurosurgeon and Obamacare critic Dr. Ben Carson; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio; plus Kasich and Christie."


#2

Chris Christie is a fat fucking slob that doesn’t deserve the limelight let alone a spot to debate.

Carli Fiorona (sp) should have that spot.

That is all


#3

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Chris Christie is a fat fucking slob that doesn’t deserve the limelight let alone a spot to debate.

Carli Fiorona (sp) should have that spot.

That is all[/quote]

I actually agree.


#4

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Chris Christie is a fat fucking slob that doesn’t deserve the limelight let alone a spot to debate.

Carli Fiorona (sp) should have that spot.

That is all[/quote]

I am curious, do you not like Christie because of the very large butcher knife that he stuck in Romney’s back in 2012. As many recall he took the stage at the Republican National Convention and spoke about himself for almost 20 straight minutes mentioning Romney only a few times. Or, are you upset with Christie because after the storm damage in his state he followed Obama around like a lost puppy wiping the sweat off his brow every chance he had?

Or do you not like him for some of his policy positions?


#5

I can’t vote for a guy that looks like he’s gonna die of a heart attack at any moment. Maybe that’s shallow, but it’s the truth.


#6

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Chris Christie is a fat fucking slob that doesn’t deserve the limelight let alone a spot to debate.

Carli Fiorona (sp) should have that spot.

That is all[/quote]

^^^ This. Jindal or Fiorina should be in that spot.


#7

Cant believe i agree with phoenix and usmc423 about christie.
But yeah, How about leading by Fucking Example ! ? !
Dont we already have enough rollie pollies around here ?

I digress. Cant believe that Huckabee got in and Perry didnt ?

Yo, Mufasa ! Where are you ?


#8

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I can’t vote for a guy that looks like he’s gonna die of a heart attack at any moment. Maybe that’s shallow, but it’s the truth. [/quote]

It’s not shallow at all, many people think this way. Pretty sad too because I thought highly of Chris Christie.


#9

Christy and Perry are both going Nowhere Fast.

Trump will probably fade and JEB has a ton of money behind him.

This is Carly Fiorina’s first stab at politics at this level and possibly has a bright future.

At the end… and I’m guessing, it’s probably: JEB vs Cankles Clinton

mf


#10

I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news


#11

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

Could Bernie defeat Hillary for the nomination, sure that’s possible if Joe Biden doesn’t enter the race. People are very tired of the string of Clinton lies which now dates back 20 or so years.

But, it is the GOP’s wet dream that Bernie Saunders would get the nomination. Told you before Pitt, a 73 year old half balding grey haired man with zero charisma is NOT going to win the Presidency. When people actually start paying attention about one year from now they will turn and run from Bernie and his wacky ideas. Also, I think they’ve had enough of socialism from Obama. Yeah I know he’s a democrat not a socialist-HA.

Bernie would lose women, senior citizens (they don’t want anyone their age-fact), the youth vote and just about every other group other than Blacks who are unnaturally in love with the democratic party.

I would love to see Bernie at the top of the democratic ticket. But then again I’d love to see Hillary, or even Joe Biden at the top of the ticket. When you take an objective look at the quality of republicans vs. the Bernie and Hillary show you know it’s going to be a republican year.

As for the debate tonight I don’t think it will be the hell raiser that many expect. The average speaking time per candidate is only something like 10 minutes for the entire two hours. Too many people in the debate. Of course that doesn’t mean there won’t be some good one liners. But, overall I don’t see anyone being remarkably helped or harmed by the debate tonight. I hope I’m wrong because I’d love to see the field narrowed sooner rather than later. The problem is that everyone jumped in because they see what I see, Hillary is so very beatable. Then again Bernie our friendly little old socialist sees that as well.


#12

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

lol @ Huffington Post publishing this piece. Propaganda at its finest. Do you really take for anything more than the puff piece that it is; trying to sway people to vote for this “winner”?


#13

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

If Sanders wins I will seriously consider leaving the country.


#14

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

If Sanders wins I will seriously consider leaving the country. [/quote]

You have a better chance of getting a date with Shakira than of Bernie Saunders winning the Presidency.


#15

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

If Sanders wins I will seriously consider leaving the country. [/quote]

where have I heard this before , The majority of our problems would have left the country if those damned Republicans would have kept their promise:)


#16

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

Could Bernie defeat Hillary for the nomination, sure that’s possible if Joe Biden doesn’t enter the race. People are very tired of the string of Clinton lies which now dates back 20 or so years.

But, it is the GOP’s wet dream that Bernie Saunders would get the nomination. Told you before Pitt, a 73 year old half balding grey haired man with zero charisma is NOT going to win the Presidency. When people actually start paying attention about one year from now they will turn and run from Bernie and his wacky ideas. Also, I think they’ve had enough of socialism from Obama. Yeah I know he’s a democrat not a socialist-HA.

Bernie would lose women, senior citizens (they don’t want anyone their age-fact), the youth vote and just about every other group other than Blacks who are unnaturally in love with the democratic party.

I would love to see Bernie at the top of the democratic ticket. But then again I’d love to see Hillary, or even Joe Biden at the top of the ticket. When you take an objective look at the quality of republicans vs. the Bernie and Hillary show you know it’s going to be a republican year.

As for the debate tonight I don’t think it will be the hell raiser that many expect. The average speaking time per candidate is only something like 10 minutes for the entire two hours. Too many people in the debate. Of course that doesn’t mean there won’t be some good one liners. But, overall I don’t see anyone being remarkably helped or harmed by the debate tonight. I hope I’m wrong because I’d love to see the field narrowed sooner rather than later. The problem is that everyone jumped in because they see what I see, Hillary is so very beatable. Then again Bernie our friendly little old socialist sees that as well.
[/quote]

I think you miss the point again , if the election were today we may all get our wish and USMC would leave the country:)

I personally hope Trump stirs up all kinds of shit like Adelson and those pesky Koch Suckers


#17

[quote]ZEB wrote:

The first debate of the season will be held tomorrow night on FOX at 8:50PM
I was disappointed to hear that Rick Perry did not make the cut as I consider him to be a viable candidate for the Party’s nomination. Instead he will star with 6 others who will do a pre-debate debate at 5:00 on FOX.

So, let’s hear some predictions. Will Trump embarrass himself in a field professional politicians, or will he actually gain even more momentum?

Will Jeb Bush take the lead from Trump because of a strong debate performance?

Will Scott Walker show us some strong speaking skills, something he has been lacking in my opinion (although he’s a great Governor).

Will Ben Carson put in a strong debate performance? Will anyone actually be able to hear him speak? :slight_smile:

What do members of T Nation say?

Any predictions between now and then?

“The evening field includes Trump, ex-Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and Wisconsinâ??s union-busting Gov. Scott Walker, the leaders in the field. On stage will be Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a Tea Party champion; ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a fiery abortion and gay marriage critic; Kentuckyâ??s libertarian-minded Sen. Rand Paul; retired neurosurgeon and Obamacare critic Dr. Ben Carson; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio; plus Kasich and Christie.”


[/quote]

I am glad it’s a big story and is sucking up a lot of attention. Attention is what the Republicans need badly as they haven’t gotten all that much in a long while.
So, whether or not Trump does well or secures the nomination he has done a good thing for the Republican party. He made noise. So this debate is getting way more attention than primary debates have gotten in the past. Which means that a lot of people who ordinarily would not watch will watch. Which means they will get exposure to what the Republicans think on the issues from their own mouths rather than be filtered down into disparaging sound bites that the liberal media likes to do. So, I think it’s all good news. Hopefully Trump will say something that will get the media all in a tizzy again.
As for me, I don’t think I can muster up a give a shit. At least not enough to watch it. I’ll get more interested as the field narrows.


#18

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Chris Christie is a fat fucking slob that doesn’t deserve the limelight let alone a spot to debate.

Carli Fiorona (sp) should have that spot.

That is all[/quote]

I am curious, do you not like Christie because of the very large butcher knife that he stuck in Romney’s back in 2012. As many recall he took the stage at the Republican National Convention and spoke about himself for almost 20 straight minutes mentioning Romney only a few times. Or, are you upset with Christie because after the storm damage in his state he followed Obama around like a lost puppy wiping the sweat off his brow every chance he had?

Or do you not like him for some of his policy positions?
[/quote]

Well I disagree with the premise that it was his actions at the RNC that screwed Romney over. If you were to listen certain right wing media outlets, they would have you believe that the knife pierced Romney’s back after the hurricane, while Christie was bear hugging Obama.

Personally I don’t put much weight behind that narrative. I think Romney lost because of Romney, the war on women, and the overall ignorance of voters.

I would say it’s for a multiple of reasons.
First, I have no respect for someone that fucking obese who has that much money and power. I’m almost 100% positive he could hire a personal chef, and trainer all on the taxpayers dime.

Which brings me to my next issue which is that there are rumors out there that this fat fuck spent upwards of $82k on food at sporting events…in 1 year. IMO that literally should be enough to get someone kicked out of office on the grounds of frivolous spending/abuse of power.

Then would be his complete hypocricsy in regards to his policies, the policies he wants to implement and his own “self-control”


#19

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree Chris Christy is a Fat Fuck:)

I know Zeb will appreciate this :slight_smile:

I know it is not FAUX news [/quote]

If Sanders wins I will seriously consider leaving the country. [/quote]

where have I heard this before , The majority of our problems would have left the country if those damned Republicans would have kept their promise:)

[/quote]

Republicans left my state, and because of it, I now have a governor threatening to come into my shower and fine me $500/day for taking too long a shower.

Urban users use only 10% of the total water, but hey, having a 25% reduction for the 10% of urban users somehow makes “a big difference.”


#20

If socialists like yourself keep pushing us, Pitt, we will leave and the country won’t be better off that’s for sure.