Top Ten Reasons why some Gym Rats Dont Squat

I wrote this today and I thought I would share with you guys.

I’ve noticed a trend at my gym: no one uses the squat rack. I can literally spend my entire workout in the squat rack without anyone asking me how many sets I have left. This is awesome for me but I feel concerned about these guys that look like:

What is this world coming to?

The longer you look the worse it gets…

Below are the top ten reasons why men don’t squat (they are 100% authentic, I have heard all of them before):

1. “I’m lazy” Go home. You shouldn’t be training

2. “I pick up heavy boxes at work” Squat on the weekend.

3. “The big guys don’t squat” The big guys are probably juiced up more than a carton of Tropicana orange juice. Either start squatting or start roiding, your choice.

4. “I’m tired” Eat and sleep more.

5. “I don’t like squatting alone” I don’t like squatting alone either. That’s why there are pins in the squat rack.

6)“It hurts” I think you forgot your balls at home.

1. “My legs are big enough” This would have been okay, but this guy had a sever case of chicken leg syndrome compared to his massive upper body.

8)" I use the leg press instead" The leg press is NOT a substitute for a squat, it is good for additional work but should not be the meat and potatoes for lower body development.

9)“Girls don’t care about legs” The second you take off your pants and the girl realizes her legs are bigger than yours I bet she will care about your legs.

1. “Its my arms day” The first time I heard this, I literally burst out laughing. Who the hell prioritizes arms over legs. No further comments.

Disclaimer

I don’t consider anything above parallel a squat. A full squat is even better. This is what a parallel squat looks like:

There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.- Mark Rippetoe

Who has some more funny reasons why?

who gives a fuck who isnt squatting? You squattin? Thats what matters…

[quote]maakul wrote:
Who has some more funny reasons why?[/quote]

I’ve got one:

“I squatted for years and got good results from it, but due to a number of reasons I no longer believe it’s the best exercise for my leg development. I do a variety of different exercises now and I’m happy with the results I’ve been getting since I stopped squatting.”

LOL what an idiot, let’s all point and laugh!

I mean I could understand if this was in the powerlifting section, but why do you care if someone squats or not?

Oh I forgot, squats make the world go 'round.

You know, I personally prefer a dusty, unused rack…

It makes me feel like I’m at home on leg day.

lol ur hardcore

Squats are my home, i’ve used to spent all my workout under that bar.

Can only imagine what OP looks like.

He who cares least wins.

shoot, I wanted to post this in the powerlifting section, can a moderator please move this there?

[quote]maakul wrote:
shoot, I wanted to post this in the powerlifting section, can a moderator please move this there?[/quote]

nope, nice try.

you tried to make lulz and failed

[quote]maakul wrote:

1. The big guys are probably juiced up more than a carton of Tropicana orange juice. Either start squatting or start roiding, your choice.
    [/quote]

Are you like 15? Did you really expect not to get flamed for this statement on a site with natties like Stu and PX??

What’s most surprising to me about this thread is that you’ve actually taken the time to accumulate and to remember all 10 of these reasons.

There have not even been 10 times that I have asked some random guy at the gym why he doesn’t squat. And as for number 10, it might just well be his “arms day.” But I have another reason for you.

“Cuz I squat 3 days ago and I still can’t walk like a normal person.”

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]maakul wrote:

1. The big guys are probably juiced up more than a carton of Tropicana orange juice. Either start squatting or start roiding, your choice.
    [/quote]

Are you like 15? Did you really expect not to get flamed for this statement on a site with natties like Stu and PX??

What’s most surprising to me about this thread is that you’ve actually taken the time to accumulate and to remember all 10 of these reasons.

There have not even been 10 times that I have asked some random guy at the gym why he doesn’t squat. And as for number 10, it might just well be his “arms day.” But I have another reason for you.

“Cuz I squat 3 days ago and I still can’t walk like a normal person.” [/quote]

Didn’t mean to offend you. I’ll take it down.

How about someone who has followed Rippetoe’s advice for the first year or so of their training careers???

Do I win?

Op post a pic of your legs with a paper that says october 6th on it.

[quote]maakul wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]maakul wrote:

[/quote]

“Cuz I squat 3 days ago and I still can’t walk like a normal person.” [/quote]

Didn’t mean to offend you. I’ll take it down.
[/quote]

It’s all good man. Just FYI, not smart to discredit the hard work big guys have put into this sport by accrediting their successes to only one of two things: squats or roids.

On a serious note, just count the empty squat rack as a blessing. The day you stop worrying why or why not guys are doing certain things around you, you will really start to groove with your training…I promise. And before you know, you will start to carry a quiet confidence to the squat rack with you and guys will slowly start asking you for tips. Before you know it, you may just convince a few of them to start training their legs seriously. Until then, be an example and don’t judge what you don’t fully know. For all you know, they might have a 400lb squat and be nursing an ACL injury.

The racks at my college gym are always full. Not always with people squatting, but they’re being used nonetheless.

I’d rather have them empty, so I can use it whenever I want to, without waiting.

Why do I have the feeling that most of the guys on this thread besides BONEZ don’t even squat?

CS

Who gives a rats ass about what the other guys in the gym are doing?

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Why do I have the feeling that most of the guys on this thread besides BONEZ don’t even squat?

CS[/quote]

Pretty sure BONEZ doesn’t squat…