Top T-songs

This probably has been done before, but I would like to see what you folks think qualify as the top T-songs of all time. Hands down, I think A.D.I.D.A.S. by KORN takes the cake. If you have never heard it, give it a listen and you will know why it is so good. Shugart and TC can probably relate to this song pretty well.

You’re right it’s been before, several times in fact.

Strength beyond Strength by Pantera

A.D.I.D.A.S. is a great song! KoRn has been one of my favorite bands for years. Their detuned seven-string guitar sound changed the whole metal scene. Probably the heaviest sound ever. However, I don’t think a lot of the lyrics are suited for T-men because they deal with all kinds of emotional problems that T-men don’t bitch and whine about. The old Limp Bizkit (3 Dolla Bill Y’all & Significant Other) was good, now they completely suck. Great lifting music: AC/DC, the old Metallica (Black Album), the new Pantera, Slipknot, the new Godsmack (“Awake” is the shit!)… and Snot, one of the most T-fueled bands ever. It’s a damn shame that Lynn Strait, their lead singer, died… Interested to hear what the rest of y’all are into.

Heya Manimals, Ah this thread always rocks (no pun intended) I’m gonna go with my latest finds, Rollins Band “Get Some, Go Again” Best Tracks: Get Some, Go Again/Monster, amongst others on the album. Also check out Rollins band “weight” it has “Liar” on it, which is just a finish-your-dumbell-reps-and-chuck-it-against-the-wall kinda tune. I strogly reccomend Moster Magnet’s new cd, “God Says No”, the title track rocks. All time, I’d go with “Welcome to the Jungle” by GNR. Aight, lata.

“MB Eric: consistently asked if he was on 'roids since 1935.”

-Eric

Oh man, maybe there is something wrong with me, but I sure hate KoRn, they’re just overly angry, underly tanned whackos and I just don’t like their music, but that’s me, a new find for me is SALIVA, they rock the party, they just put out a new CD called Every Six Seconds, check it out. Ministry also usually will have at least one suitable lifting song on each of their cd’s, accompanied by loads and loads of crap.

I can’t assign much credibility to Pantera. Remember, they used to be a glammed-up, made-up 80’s Hair Band like Winger or Poison before going all pseudo-“hardcore”. Reminds me of MM2K’s “born again hardcore” transformation. A good song–and I’ve suggested this for posing music–is “More” by the sisters of Mercy. The gist of it is: “You want more? Quit crying about it and go fight for it!” With slamming guitars.

“We Gotta Know” by The Cro-Mags

Rage Against the Machine-“Killing in the Name Of” - On my way to the gym this song totally gets me in the mood. I’m a little late to the party since I latched onto this band only about a year ago. Won’t ever see them live now that they are broken up.

Pantera - A New Level

(pseudo-hardcore, my nutsack)

Elevation by U2

Pantera was NEVER a “tease your hair and wear makeup” band?!?! WTF?! They’re all about whiskey and ass kickin. I’ll go with Fucking Hostile -Pantera
Dominion-Danzig

Akicita - do you look the same way you did in the 80’s? Wear the same clothes? Listen to the same music? Everyone changes…it isn’t like Pantera changed into some kinda pop or grunge style that was popular in the early 90’s. They’ve always proudly flown the flag for metal (even when other bands of the ilk were afraid to classify themselve as metal, i.e. Korn), and while I admit most of their music is mediocre, the new album is about as heavy as my last shit and (judging by interviews) they are not the smartest fellows around, the whole “they suck because they used to be a glam band” just doesn’t hold any weight with me.

The Lion would HATE to break up this little “Korn Fest”, but all T-Men are not twenty-something white guys!!:)–!!! Want to get some music to REALLY pump the iron by? Get a collection called “FUNK ESSENTIALS”; The Cameo Volumn…

Lest ANYONE should think The Lion is one sided: “Back In Black” (AC/DC); “Even It Up” (Heart); “Honky Tonk Woman” (Stones); “Satch Boogie” (Joe Satriani); “Wayward Son” (Kansas); “Green Eyed Lady” (Sugar Loaf).

HAPPY PUMPIN’, DAWGS!!!

I’ll post a few that are worth a look if you are into metal. Fear Factory, Emperor, Iced Earth, Meshugah, Snot.
Ironically Judas Priest is my favorite. Rob Halford is still the metal god! Too bad he was gay, that sorta detracts from the 'T’ness.

Sorry guys, you’re in denial about Pantera…(beggin indulgence from the moderators to post a url relevant to the dicsussion…) Go check it out yourself at Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos and tell me again how Pantera was always hardcore and never a pseudo-cheesey hairspray Winger band… Oh yeah, and be sure to check the Pics link.

All you gays who listen to Korn and Limp Bizquik should wisen up to Tool. I’m sure you all knew this already, but Korn and Limp are “piss off my parents” music for 8th graders.

A T-song must fulfill the following criteria:

1. Heavy, palm-muted guitar riffs with tons of distortion
  2. A healthy dose of lightning fast, clean guitar shredding

Some songs that fulfill this criteria:

“Eyes of Medusa” by Symphony X
“Of Sins And Shadows” by Symphony X (cool use of artificial harmonics in main riff…and Michael Romeo shreds on guitar solo)
“Now Your Ships Are Burned” by Yngwie Malmsteen (cheesy lyrics but shredding supreme)
“Disciples of Hell” by Yngwie Malmsteen (same comments)
“Return to Metalopolis” by Chris Poland (title says it all)
“Holy Wars…The Punishment Due” by Megadeth (cool time changes)
“Malpractice” by Testament (cool odd-meter riff)

u guys NEED to check out the band MACHINE HEAD. They are so good. Their first two albums must have been made with working out in mind. They’re hard, no nonsense, and just great to listen to. Check out their albums “burn my eyes” and “the more things change” their third album isn’t as hard as their first two, but its still really good. Go dl the song “Davidian” and “The Frontlines” on napster. Also, one day I was working out with my friend. I guess he was hella revved up and was having a good day, but with me spotting him and encouraging him he benched 225 like 7 or 8 times. He had never put up 225 this many times before, and he also hadn’t worked out for a while before this. He was listening to a punk band called “Fury 66” so that may have amped him up some more. definately check out Machine HEad. If im having a slow day, i just listen to them when i work out and my intensity goes up.