T Nation

Top Gear Nearly Gets Killed

Don’t you dare exercise your freedom of speech in Alabama!

Hilarious.

– ElbowStrike

I imagine things wouldn’t be much different if some yanks went to GB and wrote something about the queen mother being a whore on the side of a Peugeot.

Either way it doesn’t take much intelligence to offend someone.

Top Gear is a top show. They did however depict America’s worst in that particular episode. Let’s get the boys for a rock assault, fucking classic. Really though, do you not think we could cruise an old bullshit mini cooper through council housing in London with “Chavs are Scum” on the sides and not receive some backwards trailor worthy attack? I doubt it.

But I digress, I enjoy Top Gear… especially the episodes on the Bugatti Veyron. That was brilliant…the race …the Bugatti is an engineering masterpiece and I would like one for my birthday. Anybody… anybody…Bueller…Bueller…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I imagine things wouldn’t be much different if some yanks went to GB and wrote something about the queen mother being a whore on the side of a Peugeot.[/quote]

Yeah, but they wrote “Hillary for President” and “Country Music Sucks”. Not exactly the same.

What channel is Top Gear on in the US? I’ve only ever seen it on planes and youtube.

[quote]etaco wrote:
What channel is Top Gear on in the US? I’ve only ever seen it on planes and youtube.[/quote]

It isn’t. Do what the rest of us do and download the episodes through BitTorrent or off Usenet. The episodes they show on BBC World are horribly edited and lose gigantic pieces of segments.

“you best be gone git out here or Imma get the boys”

That whole episode was simply amazing. Too bad it does bring out the worst americans but it also brings a good point, why does the richest country in the world still do nothing about katrina?

[quote]Sean H wrote:
That whole episode was simply amazing. Too bad it does bring out the worst americans but it also brings a good point, why does the richest country in the world still do nothing about katrina?[/quote]

Ugh, not again.

We lost a CITY for chrissakes. It’s not like we have magic wands to immediately get everything back the way it used to be.

[quote]Sean H wrote:
That whole episode was simply amazing. Too bad it does bring out the worst americans but it also brings a good point, why does the richest country in the world still do nothing about katrina?[/quote]

WTF does this have to do with Katrina?

La’
Redsol1

[quote]Sean H wrote:

Nothing? We have spent countless billions of dollars and volunteered countless hours.

A big problem is no one wants to move back or provide insurance because they know it can happen again.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Don’t you dare exercise your freedom of speech in Alabama!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBE2XQTfDQ

Hilarious.

– ElbowStrike[/quote]

“Sweet home Alabama”, this convinced me
even more that actually, “the land of the free” is… Holland !

That shows how stupid some of those people are. I wonder how they vote.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
That shows how stupid some of those people are. I wonder how they vote.[/quote]

They vote in “colors”
I thank God I’m colorblind, the world would be a better place if we all would be colorblind.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
That shows how stupid some of those people are. I wonder how they vote.[/quote]

George W. Bush.

On the episode I just saw they launched a reliant robin 3,000 feet using rockets and tryed to land the robin like a space shuttle, nearly worked too :wink: I didnt realise before now that people watched it in the states

On the episode I just saw they launched a reliant robin 3,000 feet using rockets and tryed to land the robin like a space shuttle, nearly worked too :wink: I didnt realise before now that people watched it in the states

[quote]Diesel46 wrote:
On the episode I just saw they launched a reliant robin 3,000 feet using rockets and tryed to land the robin like a space shuttle, nearly worked too :wink: I didnt realise before now that people watched it in the states[/quote]

Yeah, I just saw that too.

After their visit to Alabama they chose to give away their cars to some random folk in the area, and Clarkson almost got sued by a woman there because he told her is was a '91 and she found out it was a '89 - THE BITCH TRIED TO SUE HIM FOR SOMETHING SHE WAS GIVEN FOR FREE.

Top Gear is a great show, nevertheless.

Do you guys really think that was “real”?

I feel sorry for you guys.

Top Gear is easily my favorite car show. That segment was really unfortunate. The south certainly has its pride.

I bet the whole incident could have been avoided if everyone had guns…