Top Gear: A Show About Cars

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Top Gear is one of the funniest shows on TV. Any attempt to recreate it, either in America, Austrialia or ANYWHERE else will suck monkey balls.[/quote]

Clarkson should run for Mayor of London.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
yorik wrote:
It’s a great show, but the hosts aren’t particularly the T-Nation type. Maybe that’s why it isn’t discussed much here. Or maybe because it’s on BBC America, so only few people watch it.

I disagree. I think Jeremy Clarkson is a perfect T-bloke.

And I don’t get what it being on BBC America would be deterring about it. Is it the fact that BBC is actually a good channel and that Americans only like bad television?[/quote]

It’s probably the fact that not many people get that channel.

Top Gear is absolutely brilliant.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Top Gear for SNES was awesome.

that being said, if I had TV I’d watch it.

I just bought a '91 Mustang 5.0 after driving a Civic for the past 2 yrs (still have it), it’s nice to have my balls back :D[/quote]

Nice.

Top Gear is an awesome show.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
I still get a laugh out of the episode when they almost get lynched driving through Alabama.[/quote]

I can watch that over and over and still laugh my ass off.

The cow for supper is great too.

Best UK show ever.

The first Robin Reliant in Space!!!

How to cross the Channel by car!!!

Skijumping Mini Coopers!!!

How to make a Convertible Minivan (and Set Fire to a Car Wash in the Process)!!!

[quote]TQB wrote:
How to make a Convertible Minivan (and Set Fire to a Car Wash in the Process)!!![/quote]

Hahaha that was hilarious.

“I think it’s on fire.”

“Look - there’s smoke!”

“Lets get out of there!”

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Top Gear is one of the funniest shows on TV. Any attempt to recreate it, either in America, Austrialia or ANYWHERE else will suck monkey balls.

Clarkson should run for Mayor of London.[/quote]

Well if Boris Johnson can do it…

When describing the Mixture of power and handle one the Pagani Zonda F.

“If surgeons used chainsaws, this is what they’d have.”

1:39

My favorite episode was when they were discussing the new Rolls Royce drophead coupe…

“You don’t buy this car to be driven around in it by a chauffeur, unless you’re the Queen of England, or Elton John, which is still the queen of England.”

Priceless…

God Bless America.

I will now become a professional F1 driver.

Make sure you catch that whole episode.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
yorik wrote:
It’s a great show, but the hosts aren’t particularly the T-Nation type. Maybe that’s why it isn’t discussed much here. Or maybe because it’s on BBC America, so only few people watch it.

I disagree. I think Jeremy Clarkson is a perfect T-bloke.

And I don’t get what it being on BBC America would be deterring about it. Is it the fact that BBC is actually a good channel and that Americans only like bad television?[/quote]

The problem with BBC America is that people actually have to dig through their 400 channels of crap to find it. I find I’m watching more and more BBC America, and less of the American stuff.

Can any of you blokes on the other side of the pond tell me if Top Gear is heavily edited for the US? It’s seems to just kind of jump in and out of segments.

Top Gear rocks! My favorite episode is the “Best Driving Road” episode, where they set out through the Alps in a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, a Porsche 911 GT3 RS and a stripped-out Aston Martin (forget the model) in order to find the best driving road in the world. They find it between Davos, Switzerland and Stelvio, Italy. Absolutely hilarious at times, great driving scenes, great cars and breathtaking scenery.

It’s on youtube in about 4 parts (I think).

Wow. This shit looks awesome. I will definately have to check it out in the future. Thanks for the heads up. (Guess my head’s been in the sand or something)

anybody know when season 12 will be up?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Anyone see the episode “How to Kill a Toyota?”[/quote]

Best episode of any show ever.

On the BBC note, I think most of the shows are pretty cheesy myself.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
The Stig owns your soul.[/quote]

Fuckin’ ell, that looks like a Storm Trooper!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Can any of you blokes on the other side of the pond tell me if Top Gear is heavily edited for the US? It’s seems to just kind of jump in and out of segments.[/quote]

BBC UK shows run straight thru without ad breaks. So when it comes time to edit them into a one hour slot with ad breaks they have to cut stuff out.

I have to admit,I used to hate this programme in its earlier years (It’s been running for about 15 years now!)

Do you guys in the states get the latest season/series? or are you behind?
I don’t know how up to date BBC America is.
God,it just used to be so nerdy,obsessing over details.

But I have to admit,the last few years its become a lot more engaging,slick and,well,SEXY!
The budget seems to be twenty times what it was,and every episode is like at least 30 minutes of a James Bond movie,with supercars,stunts,car races,exotic locations,wisecracks…

Anyone catch the one recently where they raced a car against a fighter jet?

Totally unnecessary,but damn entertaining!

I also like the newer studio set-up,looks like its a car exhibition or a meet or something,they get the audience involved and bring the car on stage,and they all have banter and disagreements.

If you haven’t seen it yet,I challenge any T-Man to sit through an episode without getting an erection at least once!