Top Five When Low-Carbing It?

Certain supplements are that much more useful when cutting carbs. What have you found that helped you the most when low-carbing it?

Creatine, glutamine, BCAAs, etc? Anything out of the ordinary?

That depends on how much muscle you are carrying. Assuming someone has already built a solid base of muscle mass for years:

Soluble Fiber (Benefiber works best for me)

Protein powder (the amount is more important than what company makes it)

Creatine

An above average understanding of food and how important it is to see any progress.

The drive to plan ahead so that you don’t find yourself in the middle of a pizza party while dieting with no food prepared to last through the day to keep you on track.

Casein protein (I just find I’m fuller a bit longer while using it). If you’re on a tight budget, whey is more than fine.

Creatine yes.

I’ll second the fiber to keep you full (I’ll use regular walmart brand).

Of course whatever you’re going to use for your post-workout shake.

Fish oil, if that’s something you normally incorporate anyway, plus, it’s cheap.

Those are my “five” when low carbing it.

I’m a huge fan of Calorie countdown milk (low carb formerly) + peanut butter + chocolate protein. Seems to keep me satiated for 2 hours at least.

Power Drive!! when cutting, its a great supplement to have in your arsenal

A Greens supplement to add to shakes might be good.

My list:

1. Metabolic Drive or some other Casein protein
  2. Fiber One cereal (23 carbs, 7 impact carbs)
  3. A low carb wheat bread or wrap
  4. A Greens supplement to add to your shakes.
  5. Low carb protein bars (Optimum Nutrition makes a Protein Diet bar with 1 or 2 grams of net carbs, 20 grams of casein protein, 180 calories…box of 15 for $14).

BCAAs, creatine, HRX, Power Drive [I find I don’t recover quite as well, and this helps], a good protein supplement.

Amen to Power Drive. Helps with the mental fatigue.

BUMP