Top BCAA's?

Hey everyone,

I have a question. And I believe someone has an answer! I would really appreciate an answer.

I’ve been reading about BCAAs for the longest time but never muster the courage to take any supplement beside a protein drink. Which I find odd? I would like to think the AA would be a safer or wiser bet.

With that said, would anyone know of the Top3 or 5 BCAA that delivers greatly to the body? Any one particular brand stands out from the rest?

I need to take my body to another level and I feel like amping the BCAA in my system would allow me to perform in even greater heights.

Thanks, Penn.

Get what ever you could afford. BCAA’s are costly and most brands supply the same product. Go with any brand that is at least repituable. If you’re more interested you can PM me.

Your protein shakes lone behold are littered with amino acids…

If you were to start supplenting with Branched Chains your top 3 are going to be L-Valine, L-Leucine and L-Isoleucine… Combining the 3 into what would equal a 5 gram serving is what your going to want… Their are a tonne of companies and products out there…

Personally I would find something unflavoured that you could add to your PWO shakes… So 5 grams is a normal serving…

Look into some L-Glutamine as well for PWO…
This is all basic and will make a huge difference on recovery and muscle building…

[quote]Bosser84 wrote:

If you were to start supplenting with Branched Chains your top 3 are going to be L-Valine, L-Leucine and L-Isoleucine… Combining the 3 into what would equal a 5 gram serving is what your going to want… Their are a tonne of companies and products out there…

Personally I would find something unflavoured that you could add to your PWO shakes… So 5 grams is a normal serving…

This is all basic and will make a huge difference on recovery and muscle building…[/quote]

I think Glutamine is overrated and I think BCAA are best used pre/during a workout.

Biotest makes some, Amino Vital, Scivation ‘Xtend’, those are all good amino products.

Or you can buy the three aminos in bulk powders and make your own.

Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine…thats what you want. I’m a big fan of 20+g during a workout with a fast digeting carb source but only if you can afford it :S

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Bosser84 wrote:

This is all basic and will make a huge difference on recovery and muscle building…

I think Glutamine is overrated and I think BCAA are best used pre/during a workout.

Biotest makes some, Amino Vital, Scivation ‘Xtend’, those are all good amino products.

Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine…thats what you want. I’m a big fan of 20+g during a workout with a fast digeting carb source but only if you can afford it :S

DG[/quote]

Totally agree, I do a similer routine during workout… Was suggesting the 5 grams PWO just to get started… but 5 before and after is better and no too much more expensive…

[quote]Bosser84 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Bosser84 wrote:

DG

Totally agree, I do a similer routine during workout… Was suggesting the 5 grams PWO just to get started… but 5 before and after is better and no too much more expensive…

[/quote]

yea makes sense.

I still don’t see the point in having BCAA post workout. If you have a protein shake that contains any whey protein that is fast enough pwo imho. I’d rather take them before and during in hopes to prevent muscle breakdown or to shuttle as much aminos to muscle cells during training as possible.

Then as said before get some gatorade/dextrose/etc and consume during your workout with the aminos and you fuel your body better than just water alone. This is what I do as of now.

DG

Wow. Thanks to all. :wink: I’ll take all of your advice.