Top 5 Worst Lead Actors Ever

Shia whatshisface is a decent actor. He’s a pussy, sure, but he doesn’t suck. Edward Norton? Are you fucking serious? Watch Fight Club, American History X, Red Dragon, Rounders, and Primal Fear and STFU.

Bruce Willis? Seriously, have your balls dropped yet? Go watch every Die Hard movie over and over until you grow a pair. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan are both hilarious. That is their job, to be funny, not to win a fucking Oscar.

Nick Cage has done some interesting stuff that was quite good. He sucked ass really hard in Con Air and Ghost Rider, but the rest of his work is pretty strong. Clint fucking Eastwood? What are you, 10 years old?

Go watch Dirty Harry, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Fistfull of Dollars, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Hang 'Em High, Million Dollar Baby, In the Line of Fire, and Unforgiven and go STFU with the Ed Norton jackass. And Johnny Depp is not overrated at all. He is one of the best actors in Hollywood.

All ball-busting aside, here’s my 5:

1. Keanu Reeves
  2. Chuck Norris
  3. James Franco
  4. Jean Claude Van-Damme
  5. Colin Farrell

EDIT: Thank you Mods for putting line breaks in that mess of a post.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Shia whatshisface is a decent actor. He’s a pussy, sure, but he doesn’t suck. Edward Norton? Are you fucking serious? Watch Fight Club, American History X, Red Dragon, Rounders, and Primal Fear and STFU.

Bruce Willis? Seriously, have your balls dropped yet? Go watch every Die Hard movie over and over until you grow a pair. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan are both hilarious. That is their job, to be funny, not to win a fucking Oscar.

Nick Cage has done some interesting stuff that was quite good. He sucked ass really hard in Con Air and Ghost Rider, but the rest of his work is pretty strong. Clint fucking Eastwood? What are you, 10 years old?

Go watch Dirty Harry, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Fistfull of Dollars, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Hang 'Em High, Million Dollar Baby, In the Line of Fire, and Unforgiven and go STFU with the Ed Norton jackass. And Johnny Depp is not overrated at all. He is one of the best actors in Hollywood.

All ball-busting aside, here’s my 5:

1. Keanu Reeves
  2. Chuck Norris
  3. James Franco
  4. Jean Claude Van-Damme
  5. Colin Farrell [/quote]

Nick Cage - Lord Of War = epic

Face Off was an awesome movie and so was leaving las Vegas. The potential is there, he just needs to stay consistent.

The best actor is Christian Bale, he has done some amazing work!

Tom Cruise is a bit odd, but a great actor,

Edward Norton is amazing! What planet are you from? And Clint Eastwood, you have to be joking to say he is one of the 5 worst actors!!!

So much Tom Cruise and Shia Lebeuf hating. Jeez. Last Samurai? Even Stevens? Come on people.

Worst actor: Keanu Reeves. He still hasn’t shaken that stoner/surfer persona due to his voice and his awkward pauses.

Also, I’m here to defend all wrestlers, martial artists, bodybuilders, and athletes turned actor. They didn’t start out as actors, so they have a reason for sucking. Let’s not even go into people from other countries. JCVD, Arnold, Dolph, and the like. They try, but they can’t shake the accent. I feel they should be off the list. You watch their movies for violence and one-liners. Not deep emotional content that involves their character venting.

Keeanu Reeves
Jeff Bridges
Tom Cruise
Arnold
Stalone

[quote]CJK wrote:
saroachman wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Oh, and the guy who played Anakin Skywalker whose name escapes me.

I think he was pretty good in Shattered Glass, it might change your opinion of him.

Hayden Christianson. And yes he WAS very good in Shattered Glass. I think that part of the problem with him in Star Wars was script. But that is another topic.
[/quote]

He was also good in Life As A House. Don’t get me started on the script for the prequels though. I could write a book on all the stuff I could have done to make the prequels better. I’m not just AngryVader because I’m just angry in general. I’m angry about my good name being ruined.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
1.shia labeouf
2.shia labeouf
3.shia labeouf
4.shia labeouf

5.SHIA LABEOUF

He has potential, but I think he may already be falling into the typecasting trap.[/quote]

He has…

I see a lot of Matthew Mcconaughey bashing on this site and I’m not sure why. Other than Dazed and Confused, isn’t he only in chick flicks? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do any other movie.

Okay, my current top five:

• James Franco - Pouty face doesn’t mean you can act. Have you seen Flyboys? Makes you wish we lost the war.

• Colin Ferrell - Same thing. Furrowing your brow isn’t an emotion. Try something else. Drinking less might be a good career move.

• Tobey Mcguire - I lost all respect when you said you hurt you back doing Spiderman. I hurt my back from time to time too, but $12 million for Spiderman 2 will make back pain go away real fast. Then you played a jockey in Seabiscuit. You’re a man’s man, aren’t you?

• Dane Cook - You’re a terrible stand up comic and you can’t act. Want to go for the trifecta?

• Paul Walker - Into the Blue? Funny how most of his scenes involved swimming.

• Christian Bale - Just kidding…he rulez!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I see a lot of Matthew Mcconaughey bashing on this site and I’m not sure why. Other than Dazed and Confused, isn’t he only in chick flicks? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do any other movie.[/quote]

He was actually good in A Time To Kill and Contact, but it’s all been downhill since then. Sahara, Fool’s Gold, Failure to Launch, How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days…it goes on and on.

His career hasn’t been a complete waste, but I think his real life persona has ruined it for most.

I don’t think Cruise is a good actor, but I don’t think he’s bad. You can use the “plays his characters the same way in every film” tag with Denzel Washington too, but no one does. Whoever said Bruce Willis and Ed Norton are bad actors is a moron. I like Shia Labouf[sp?] as well.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Keeanu Reeves
Jeff Bridges
Tom Cruise
Arnold
Stalone[/quote]

Jeff Bridges? Are you kidding me? Tron! The Big Lebowski! Even his supporting role in Iron Man.

The fact that you even mentioned Stallone and Arnold means we need to revoke your t-card immediately!

Acting ability doesn’t always have anything to do with success. Also too often we see actors who are constricted simply because of the director, bad writing, or because of typecasting.

Many actors are character actors. Most are limited to what they can do, or what character or characters they can play.

Sometimes the problem is when people see an actor in one part and cannot let themselves see that actor in another part.

There are a lot of highly rated actors that really are mediocre, and many underrated that are so skilled you really don’t even notice them.

Now I have had a problem with Tobey Maguire. Admittedly I have only seen him as Spiderman, but have found him to be bland and uninteresting.

Then there is Will Ferrell. Sometimes I find him entertaining, but really he is not an actor, but a comedian. He overacts, which is partly intentional, but gets tiresome.

One mistake Hollywood makes is to way too often cast more for the draw of a name then to cast for the best person for a part. Does anyone think Shia Labeouf (gesundheit) was actually a 1950’s greaser?

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Okay, my current top five:

• James Franco - Pouty face doesn’t mean you can act. Have you seen Flyboys? Makes you wish we lost the war.

• Colin Ferrell - Same thing. Furrowing your brow isn’t an emotion. Try something else. Drinking less might be a good career move.

• Tobey Mcguire - I lost all respect when you said you hurt you back doing Spiderman. I hurt my back from time to time too, but $12 million for Spiderman 2 will make back pain go away real fast. Then you played a jockey in Seabiscuit. You’re a man’s man, aren’t you?

• Dane Cook - You’re a terrible stand up comic and you can’t act. Want to go for the trifecta?

• Christian Bale - Just kidding…he rulez![/quote]

Im glad you didnt put Hayden Christianson on here. Anyone see Jumper? Not a great movie but the FX were awesome and…wait…whats…whats this? AMAZING!! STRIGHT OUT OF LEFT FIELD, SOMETHING ORIGONAL COMES OUT OF HOLYWOOD!! If they do make the next 2 and make them well the franchise has alot of potential.

And how dare any put Keanu Reeves on here!! He should has gotten one of those little gold guys they give out for Bill and Tedd!

But to…to…aaaaa…aaaaa…rap…rap this up, I cant believe no one has said Jeff Goldblum on principle alone

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

[/quote]

I was wondering why it was taking so long for Paul F. Walker to be mentioned. As Bill Walton would say, “he’s just terrible!” He absolutely ruined “Timeline” for me.

Shia can certainly act and be a lead in certain movies, but he is not a blockbuster action star.

-edit

My other 4:

Hayden Christensen, for reasons explained in next post

Howie Long- He’s a cool guy and I like him as a sports broadcaster, but have you seen Firestorm? Lol

Steven Segal- I don’t mind certain actors playing the same role over and over, as long as they’re interesting and/or fun. Segal is neither.

Actually I can only think of 3 right now. I may have to come back to this later.

-edit again

Ok, after reading the “worst movie” thread I have #5:

Jason Statham- It almost pains me to put him in here because I really do like him as an actor. He was great in Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and ok in The Italian Job. The problem is, as a lead actor where the plot completely revolves around him, he falls flat. He just doesn’t have “it” to be a lead, like a Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, etc. He’s fantastic as a second or third banana and I hope he gets more roles like that.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Im glad you didnt put Hayden Christianson on here. Anyone see Jumper? Not a great movie but the FX were awesome and…wait…whats…whats this? AMAZING!! STRIGHT OUT OF LEFT FIELD, SOMETHING ORIGONAL COMES OUT OF HOLYWOOD!!
[/quote]

You mean a movie with no plot and terrible acting? Hardly an original piece of Hollywood material. Jumper was by far the worst movie I saw this year.

And I’m sorry, but Hayden Christensen has no business acting. Fans of his say he didn’t do well in Star Wars because of the script. Well, the scripts sure didn’t keep Ewan MacGregor and Natalie Portman from giving decent performances. He brings nothing to the table except maybe being appealing to teenage girls.

Keanu Reeves - the only role he has ever been believable in is “My Own Private Idaho”.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Himora22 wrote:
Im glad you didnt put Hayden Christianson on here. Anyone see Jumper? Not a great movie but the FX were awesome and…wait…whats…whats this? AMAZING!! STRIGHT OUT OF LEFT FIELD, SOMETHING ORIGONAL COMES OUT OF HOLYWOOD!!

You mean a movie with no plot and terrible acting? Hardly an original piece of Hollywood material. Jumper was by far the worst movie I saw this year.

And I’m sorry, but Hayden Christensen has no business acting. Fans of his say he didn’t do well in Star Wars because of the script. Well, the scripts sure didn’t keep Ewan MacGregor and Natalie Portman from giving decent performances. He brings nothing to the table except maybe being appealing to teenage girls.
[/quote]

There were FAR worse movies that came out than Jumper this year, And what do you mean ‘no plot’? I never said he was a great actor but Jumper was not meant to be a stand alone movie. I thought that was rather obvious

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Ball ball-busting aside, here’s my 5:

1. Keanu Reeves
  2. Chuck Norris
  3. James Franco
  4. Jean Claude Van-Damme
  5. Colin Farrell

EDIT: Thank you Mods for putting line breaks in that mess of a post. [/quote]

I agree with this list. I would like to give Steven Seagal an honorable mention, but I do find some movies of his like Exit Wounds entertaining fair on a weekend night, so despite being a gigantic douche bag in real life and wooden as an actor he gets a pass from being lumped with these guys.

Whoever said Clint Eastwood, Jeff Bridge, or Ed Norton should go swallow poison.

Shaquille O’Neal for just about everything he’s done (Kazamm, Steel, Blue Chips)

Tom Green for his performance in Freddy Got Fingered, quite possibly the worst comedy ever made

Ben Affleck for not even trying to act anymore (Paycheck, Gigli, Surviving Christmas, Bounce, Pearl Harbor, Reindeer Games)

Jean-Claude Van Damme just because.

Steven Seagal (see above)