Top 10 Feats of Human Strength

Paul Anderson owns all.

Dosent seem like the kind of guy who would lie about his lifts and he said he had squated 1200.

No video but incredible just to think about.

I’d like to say this beats Reza

[quote]romanaz wrote:

[/quote]

tht’s very impressive

This Thai girl and a ping pong ball…

Or was that not what you meant?

Here’s a few I’ve heard of from reliable sources:

Yuri Zacharievich power cleaning 235kg, Clean&Jerking 265kg both done at 117kg bodyweight. He also jerked 300kg from the racks at least once.

David Rigert personally claims a 260kg C&J at 102kg.

Antonio Krastev snatched 222.5kg in training, then missed 225kg, then missed 227.5. Also powersnatched 205kg on the warmup platform before lifting at the 1987 Worlds to show his coaches he was ready to open with 210kg. Also claims a best C&J of 267.5kg.

I’ve only heard of four men power cleaning over 500lbs. May be more (I’m sure there are), but they are:

Yuri Zacharievich, see above.
Andre Chemerkin, 235kg.
Hossein Reza Zedah, 240kg
Ken Patera, 227.5kg

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
Paul Anderson owns all.

Dosent seem like the kind of guy who would lie about his lifts and he said he had squated 1200.

No video but incredible just to think about.[/quote]

He’s credited with a 6300+lb back lift too.

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
Paul Anderson owns all.

No video but incredible just to think about.[/quote]

Just to share some Paul Anderson appreciation:

435 Clean and press, looks so easy he might as well just be using the bar:

300 pound 1-arm press for 2 partial reps:

Squatting two 55-gallon concrete drums which are likely hella-heavy, from a hole in the ground:

A compilation of lifts:

[quote]romanaz wrote:

[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought of too. I can’t remotely comprehend the magnitude of a 3xBW+ C&J. Just insane.

I’ve seen on TV some world reknown strength feats guy reportedly stopped a plane from lifting off or something like that. That would rank up high if it’s true.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
romanaz wrote:

That was the first thing I thought of too. I can’t remotely comprehend the magnitude of a 3xBW+ C&J. Just insane.

[/quote]

I think a few others have done 3xbw, but Naim is the only to do 10kilos OVER 3x bw in competition. ITs said in training he did 200!!

I don’t get how watching midgets lift huge weight is more impressive then THE MOST weight lifted. The guy is doing almost 100kg less then the best cj. Not nearly as impressive.

[quote]shizen wrote:
I don’t get how watching midgets lift huge weight is more impressive then THE MOST weight lifted. The guy is doing almost 100kg less then the best cj. Not nearly as impressive. [/quote]

the whole point of weightlifting is to lift the MOST weight while weighing the LEAST.

Reza weighs a LOT and lifts a LOT. Yes, Impressive as it is the most anyone has put overhead. But look at it this way, how many 132lb guys do you see tossing 400lbs overhead around like its nothing?

very little.

[quote]romanaz wrote:
shizen wrote:
I don’t get how watching midgets lift huge weight is more impressive then THE MOST weight lifted. The guy is doing almost 100kg less then the best cj. Not nearly as impressive.

the whole point of weightlifting is to lift the MOST weight while weighing the LEAST.

Reza weighs a LOT and lifts a LOT. Yes, Impressive as it is the most anyone has put overhead. But look at it this way, how many 132lb guys do you see tossing 400lbs overhead around like its nothing?

very little.

[/quote]

he is like 4feet tall though, thats why he weighs so little he still is holding a ton of muscle-also being that short helps with weightlifting a lot- Weightlifting is putting up the most weight, making you the best. Edit I’m talking about the guy that CJ 265 not reza also-

[quote]shizen wrote:
Weightlifting is putting up the most weight IN YOUR WEIGHT CLASS, making you the best.[/quote]

Fixed it for you. Your arguing opinion really, so nobody is going to win. It’s the same thing in boxing. Some people like to watch the lightweights because they do amazing things all the time, some people like watching heavyweights because at the end of the day the heavyweight kills the lightweight no matter how good he is at his weight.

Hi
Here’s Taranenko’s 266 c+j, I don’t think anyone’s posted this yet?

The moment I became fascinated with strength as a 10 year old; the great Alexeyev

The great John Davis lifting the Apollons Wheels in 1949

You’ll have to select the clip (2nd clip).

What about Groeners 1 hand Deadlift of 727lbs done in the 1920’s, way before drugs.

Arthur Saxon’s supposed 1 arm bent press of 386lbs at about 180lbs bodyweight done around 1900.

Damm shame that youtube wasn’t around then:)

Great thread,

Cheers Chris

To me the greatest strength feat is the one least likely to be surpassed or even replicated. I lean towards Suleimanoglu’s 190 C & J and Paul Anderson’s 1200lbs raw squats (as part of a nightclub act). Ed Coan’s 423kg squat @ 100kg (equipped but drug tested) under IPF conditions is also in contention.

[quote]Big EG wrote:
To me the greatest strength feat is the one least likely to be surpassed or even replicated. I lean towards Suleimanoglu’s 190 C & J and Paul Anderson’s 1200lbs raw squats (as part of a nightclub act). Ed Coan’s 423kg squat @ 100kg (equipped but drug tested) under IPF conditions is also in contention. [/quote]

is their any proof of 1200lb raw squat? I mean I’m sure its possible but I really doubt it.