T Nation

Tooth Infection?

Of all the things to derail my progress, I have a massive tooth abcess that is keeping me from opening my mouth. I can’t even get it worked on until the infection goes down and I can open my pie hole. I feel like crap, look like crap, and I am not getting paid.

Had to fly to Kuwait City to see a dentist. Nice guy, but I wish they would just give me some muscle relaxers so I can get this thing pulled. It better not derail my trip to Thailand at the end of the month. Any way, just wondering what other weird things have sidetracked people and what they do to get by, recover. I’m down 12lbs in 6 days.

A broken and infected wisdom tooth. Became septic and I almost croaked.

Thats what happens when I tell myself- “It will quit hurting when the nerves die.”.

A 10 day course of antibitics and a couple of yanks and I was right back on track.

Hope it works out for you.

Go to a hospital and have them feed you intravenously. On a more serious note, I suggest protein shakes mixed with heavy cream. They aren’t that great as a longterm plan, but they really help to get loads of calories whenever you can open your mouth.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:.
Any way, just wondering what other weird things have sidetracked people and what they do to get by, recover. [/quote]

I was once dating this very pretty Asian chick and I had this massive erection that would not go down. We had to stay in all weekend.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:.
Any way, just wondering what other weird things have sidetracked people and what they do to get by, recover.

I was once dating this very pretty Asian chick and I had this massive erection that would not go down. We had to stay in all weekend. [/quote]

I feel for ya brother. I was embarrassed to say this, but I also have some pain and swelling in the man luggage. “The IV antibiotics will take care of that” I am trying to talk them into only treating the pain.

Protein shakes are out. There are no blenders or shakers or powders available. Not that I have found.