T Nation

Tool for Looking Up Word Definitions?

Does anybody know of an online (free) tool that allows you to highlight a word and double click it or something and have that word looked up in an online dictionary? I could copy and paste and go to dictionary.com but im lazy…

Just trying to learn new words when I come across them. Keep edjumacated, ya know?

just type define:_______ into google and like magic…

If you have firefox,

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1171/

The only problem though is it looks like you have to pay (?)

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
Does anybody know of an online (free) tool that allows you to highlight a word and double click it or something and have that word looked up in an online dictionary? I could copy and paste and go to dictionary.com but im lazy…

Just trying to learn new words when I come across them. Keep edjumacated, ya know?[/quote]

That’s funny, I just highlighted “edjumacated”, right clicked and was given the option to search the web for the word. Google provided the hits. The first hit was Urban Dictionary.

I’m using Mozilla Firefox Version 1.5.0.10.

What about keeping an actual dictionary at your computer and just looking up the word that way… you can’t seriously be that lazy.

Why I like Wikipedia is the reason most people don?t

I have this real cool mouse, where I just highlight the word and press a designated button and BAM! It looks up the word.

Not that this helps you or anything.