T Nation

Tool Favourites (The Band)

For all you tool lovers on this site (if there are many). Just out of curiosity what is your top 5 favourite tool tunes…

Mine are;

1. Reflection
  2. The pot
  3. Lost keys - rossetta stoned
  4. Parabol - parabola
  5. Aenima

p.s, I know its hard to choose favourites from tool but try.

Top 5? Can’t do it, there’s too many.

B.

you really gotta change the thread title.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
you really gotta change the thread title.[/quote]

I thought it was going to be another “bodybuilding is so gay” thread.

[quote]superscience wrote:
For all you tool lovers on this site (if there are many). Just out of curiosity what is your top 5 favourite tool tunes.

Mine are;

1. Reflection
  2. The pot
  4. Parabol - parabola
  5. Aenima

p.s, I know its hard to choose favourites from tool but try. [/quote]

reflection? That’s your number 1? You must be smoking some good shit. LOL

Pushit-the live version is a fucking masterpiece. When I heard this in concert it left me in a trance.

I love everything from aenima up until 10,000 days. Their earlier works never really caught my ear.

OK, I’ll bite:

1. Lateralus
  2. Prison Sex
  3. 46&2
  4. Jerk Off
  5. Stinkfist

–although to be fair, I’ve been rocking out to tool’s vicarious recently in my pre-workout playlist in my car.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
you really gotta change the thread title.[/quote]

Lol haha never thought of it like that rofl

[quote]Cartman8675 wrote:
superscience wrote:
For all you tool lovers on this site (if there are many). Just out of curiosity what is your top 5 favourite tool tunes.

Mine are;

1. Reflection
  2. The pot
  4. Parabol - parabola
  5. Aenima

p.s, I know its hard to choose favourites from tool but try.

reflection? That’s your number 1? You must be smoking some good shit. LOL

Pushit-the live version is a fucking masterpiece. When I heard this in concert it left me in a trance.

I love everything from aenima up until 10,000 days. Their earlier works never really caught my ear. [/quote]

Reflection is a piece of art (just like the rest) its so proggy and chilled, cant get enough of it.

There coming to dublin this year so i should get to see them for the first time.

To be fair, I have to say up front I’m not a “true” Tool fan, so I couldn’t even name 5 Tool songs. That’s not because I don’t like them, I just don’t buy/download much music by anybody, period.

All that being said, can I say Schism is one of the most bad-ass songs I’v ever heard without getting lashed by hardcore Tool fans? :slight_smile: I would imagine most of you guys despise that song because it’s a bit “commercial” Tool.

Shit, and here I was going to nominate oboffill as my favorite tool. Thread title needs some work.

Sober

Parabola
The Pot
Lateralus
Opiate
The Grudge
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Reflection
too many…

Maynard James Keenan is a tool. I know that.

[quote]CC wrote:
To be fair, I have to say up front I’m not a “true” Tool fan, so I couldn’t even name 5 Tool songs. That’s not because I don’t like them, I just don’t buy/download much music by anybody, period.

All the being said, can I say Schism is one of the most bad-ass songs I’v ever heard without getting lashed by hardcore Tool fans? :slight_smile: I would imagine most of you guys despise that song because it’s a bit “commercial” Tool.[/quote]

Tool is never commercial

May I stir the pot by saying Tool is twice as pretentious as King Crimson while being half as talented?

I think I may.

[quote]superscience wrote:
CC wrote:

All the being said, can I say Schism is one of the most bad-ass songs I’v ever heard without getting lashed by hardcore Tool fans? :slight_smile: I would imagine most of you guys despise that song because it’s a bit “commercial” Tool.

Tool is never commercial[/quote]

Cool. Well then I guess I’m in the clear :-). I just said that because they play Schism a lot on the modern rock station where I’m from, so I figured maybe some of the more dedicated fans didn’t like it as much. Tends to be the way it goes with hardcore fans and the more mainstream stuff…

Aenema
Swamp Song
Bottom
Annihilation(Perfect Circle)
Dier Von Satan

H
Bottom
Crawl Away
Parabola
10,000 Days (Wings pt.2)

Honorable Mention: Lateralus, Aenima, and Prison Sex

Prison Sex and Sober have always been my favs. Really, I like everything Tool has put out, but I think Undertow is my fav album.