Took Break from TRT Due to Soft Erections

I was having some soft erection issues and Dr recommended taking break from TRT and just staying on HCG. I did that for a couple months and erections went back to normal. I had non-existent libido but erections were great. Went back on my 100mg a week(50split) and noticed after the second week I was back to soft erections. I was taking anastrole but even at .25 twice a week my blood tests were showing low so my dr took me off of that. Any thoughts?

Low E2? What did the bloods say? Where was your T on TRT and then just on HCG?

I probably should have done bloods after I went off but I did not. The last bloodwork my t was mid 600s when I was on the protocol

Testosterone,Free and Total
TESTOSTERONE, SERUM 581 NG/DL 264-916 01
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of
healthy nonobese males (BMI <30) between 19 and 39 years old.
Travison, et.al. JCEM 2017,102;1161-1173. PMID: 28324103.
FREE TESTOSTERONE(DIRECT) 8.4 LOW PG/ML 8.7-25.1 02
Estradiol
ESTRADIOL 16.9 PG/ML 7.6-42.6 01

When you stopped TRT did you stop the AI? And when you started TRT again you started with the AI? Im thinking the softness might be tied to the low E2. Id just drop the AI and see how you are in a few weeks.

I am not currently on any AI and just test and HCG. I will have another blood test done soon

How long have you been off of the AI?

2 months

Still with HCG or no?

yep still with HCG

I think stay the course man. If you crashed your E2 it could take a while to bring it back up. 16 is pretty low

1 Like

What @NH_Watts said is accurate. It can take a LONG time to feel normal again after crashing e2.

Drop AI. don’t mess with it.

1 Like

I’d up your dose a little too. Maybe try 60mg e3d.

You have low FT, low TT, and low e2. Up your test dose a bit.

Erection quality is linked to your estrogen levels while on TRT as long as testosterone in s sufficiently elevated. These AI’s are powerful and a little bit can go along way.

See if you can manage estrogen by adjusting the TRT and HCG dose, as a last resort you can get anastrozole compounded as low as .125 and even 0.050.

You can even break up your shots into smaller more frequent dosing to lower estrogen.