Took a 20 Year Hiatus, Contest in May

This is something @The_Mighty_Stu could comment on. I would imagine, and hope, that if the conditioning is there, and that the scar is easily identifiable as just that - a scar, that it would not count against you. But I simply have no idea, to be honest.

so i’m having a love affair with the hammer flat chest press. shoulders dont take a beating and i can go heavy with FROM. 10x3 on that? then move on to some upper chest supersets?

I’ve never known a single judge who held scars or anything of the sort against a competitor on stage. If the size and conditioning are there, you should be judged according to the criteria for whichever class you choose, so I wouldn’t waste a second thought on a scar.

S

2 Likes

Thanks man
Appreciate it

Anytime! Best of luck!

S

Looks kind of like the Athleanx “perfect chest” workout on YouTube.

It’s a Greg Plitt workout, haha. If they’re similar it’s probably due to Jeff borrowing from Greg (R.I.P.)

Yeah I was just commenting on the simularity of it to yours as I got pretty good results with this one. I’m just getting serious about working out myself and will check out Greg’s stuff. Any program in particular you find yourself going back to?

1 Like

I’ve really never repeated a program yet. I’m going to redo the 10K KB Swing challenge soon, that was the most effective cutting program I’ve ever used, and my results exceeded everything I’d heard, so it’s definitely something I want to get back to. Mostly there are just techniques or exercises that I go back to, more than whole programs.

1 Like

Thanks I may actually do that 10k KB challenge before summer to get cut up for the beach.

Strong as a bear at the gym.

5 Likes

Very good progress!

You really need to work on the poses though. You’re short changing yourself. They are not tight enough and it appears that nothing is going on in your lower body with them. This really can only be corrected with someone showing you how to do so hands on.

@The_Mighty_Stu input?

These are pics i send to my coach
not fully “posed”
but thanks for compliment

1 Like

If your coach is OK with your week to week, then that’s all you should focus on. As a judge though, I can see a few areas where you could possibly present your physique in a much better light. That said though, despite what some people might have you believe, no one loses a contest for less than amazing posing if their physique is the best one on stage.

S

1 Like

keep hammering those legs, my man! Looks like things are coming together.

12 weeks out tomorrow
#258 this am
Damn I could destroy some five guys right now.

7 Likes

What league do you intend to compete in (IFBB, Nabba etc)?

Just local npc show

11 weeks.
255#
Self doubt creeps in…

4 Likes

Looking awesome man. I imagine how much food/protein you eat to keep those muscles at that height… I am a taller guy myself and eating is always the hardest part. What happened to your left bi? Looks like the one has a much shorter insertion, my biceps are like that too but not that extreme, injuries?