Too Tired to Train After Work

I work 9 to 5 , and when am done, i feel extremely tired after a long day at work. Any good ideas regarding this?

A little about me , am an early sleeper “20:00 - 20:30 pm”, early waker “4:00 - 4:30 am” “gym doesnt open until 8 am,so no way to morning train” dont smoke,drink dont even like coffee.

The only thing i can think of , is checking into another gym, and the closest gym to me is ~ 45 mins away.

Any ideas on how to tackle this?

Thanks

Take the money you would spend on the gym and build your own box. Put out the word your looking for equipment and the stuff seems to materialize. Lots of good articles out there on doing just this , good luck.

[quote]waelkd wrote:
I work 9 to 5 , and when am done, i feel extremely tired after a long day at work. Any good ideas regarding this?

A little about me , am an early sleeper “20:00 - 20:30 pm”, early waker “4:00 - 4:30 am” “gym doesnt open until 8 am,so no way to morning train” dont smoke,drink dont even like coffee.

The only thing i can think of , is checking into another gym, and the closest gym to me is ~ 45 mins away.

Thanks[/quote]

Not sure what you need…Are you talking about a strength training gym? or training in one of the fighting arts? The reason I ask, is because I am used to training in austere environments, so, having to substitute is common. If you are in a civilized area, then you got some good advise from Dude. If not, I can suggest some alternatives.

There was several articles published on T-Nation from a NAVSPEC on working out in primitive conditions, well worth the time to read, dont remember his name, but, someone will.

[quote]idaho wrote:

[quote]waelkd wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

Not sure what you need…Are you talking about a strength training gym? or training in one of the fighting arts? The reason I ask, is because I am used to training in austere environments, so, having to substitute is common. If you are in a civilized area, then you got some good advise from Dude. If not, I can suggest some alternatives.

There was several articles published on T-Nation from a NAVSPEC on working out in primitive conditions, well worth the time to read, dont remember his name, but, someone will.
[/quote]

sorry man, I havent had any coffee this morning, sounds like you are looking for a gym for strength training, saw your avatar,and was looking at the weapon, for some reason thought you were out in the AO.(LOL) Dude’s advise is good though. Good luck.

[quote]waelkd wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

How I would handle it: Stimulants. I know you said no coffee, but I am having trouble imagining that. Still tea might be an option. I think the Spike brand pills this website sells are pretty amazing and if you take one around noon it could work well.

How it should be handles: Dude’s advice

Stop Gap: First, just get into the gym 2-3 times a week. Recognize fatigue masks fitness and that some of your training will take a hit. Even going through the motions beats not getting any work in. I would consider bridging the time between “home gym” and “need a gym” by breaking up the workout into “things I need a gym for” and “things I can do at home”.

Depending on your goals this may be more or less doable. A lot of folks get a lot of use from a KB or two and a pull up bar/TRX set at home. It it is a gym availability issue more than a time/motivation(except for fatigue) issue than Dan John has some damn good programs to do in this “gap” period.

Any of his KB plus floor work routines could work. I really like One Lift A Day and that could work. There are five workouts per week, but if you only need gym equipment for a couple of them than between weekends and “just gut it out” you could make gains. Of course I am thinking of weights/gym work as being supportive of other things. IF you are looking for bodybuilding or powerlifting specific advice I would try those sub-forums.

Regards,

Robert A

Good advise about the TRX and KB Robert. I did forgo the Coffee comment because he said he didn’t do stimulants, but I have to admit on days I can’t seem to get the lead out of a^$n, coffee helps.

See your work as a challenge not an obstacle.

When I was in university I had my daughter.
I could not afford gym fees, I was very self concious because I couldnt afford the lifestyles that others had.
I captained our boxing squad and was National champion all four years.

Later, I turned professional while working a full time job.
I feel underrated being in my countries Top 5…

I do my training for me.
I would feel pissed off if the day comes I can’t move muscle because I’m not up to the challenge anymore.

[quote]donnydarkoirl wrote:
See your work as a challenge not an obstacle.

When I was in university I had my daughter.
I could not afford gym fees, I was very self concious because I couldnt afford the lifestyles that others had.
I captained our boxing squad and was National champion all four years.

Later, I turned professional while working a full time job.
I feel underrated being in my countries Top 5…

Now that is a great outlook… Im going to workout
I do my training for me.
I would feel pissed off if the day comes I can’t move muscle because I’m not up to the challenge anymore.
[/quote]

[quote]waelkd wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

maybe a pre workout if you don’t want to buy a barbell and some weights

dont fall into the pre workout shit

that will fuuuuck up your adrenal glands

what you need is a big cup of stfu and make it happen

get a pullup bar, do pushups, learn how to squat… go home and chop wood for an hour. you’re not a bodybuilder who needs to devote 15 hours a week to working out. Throw your girlfriend onto the bed and try to fuck for an hour straight. Just get active.

Find a gym which better suits your lifestyle

[quote]Jarvan wrote:
Throw your girlfriend onto the bed and try to fuck for an hour straight. Just get active.[/quote]

Do that^^^