T Nation

Too Tall for Singlet?

entering my first power lifting event and bought an Inzer 5xl singlet. Fits fine except cant hardly get straps over shoulders and when I do it pulls my nads to the point of agony. 6'6" tall, any suggestions?

[quote]jimp4155 wrote:
any suggestions?[/quote]
Post in the powerlifting subforum?

EDIT: Nevermind, it’s there now

dude, 6’6 isn’t THAT tall. Plenty of guys your height wear singlets. I feel like either you’re exagerrating about the fit, or Inzer makes really small singlets.

Regardless, matmanwrestling.com makes custom sewn singlets. I would contact them directly if this is a real problem you’re having.

[quote]jimp4155 wrote:
entering my first power lifting event and bought an Inzer 5xl singlet. Fits fine except cant hardly get straps over shoulders and when I do it pulls my nads to the point of agony. 6’6" tall, any suggestions?[/quote]

Could be just that you’re unused to the degree of wedgie a soft suit inflicts? I know it surprised me at first, but you get used to it.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
dude, 6’6 isn’t THAT tall. Plenty of guys your height wear singlets. I feel like either you’re exagerrating about the fit, or Inzer makes really small singlets.

Regardless, matmanwrestling.com makes custom sewn singlets. I would contact them directly if this is a real problem you’re having. [/quote]
Holy cow. I just looked into it, and apparently Inzer singlets are Matman singlets with the Inzer logo? If I had known about this sooner, I would have ordered a custom Matman, instead of my Inzer which does not fit my body terribly well. Hurray! I’m SO going to get a custom singlet. Thanks, flipcollar. :slight_smile:

I’m 6’4" and had similar problems. I got a Titan and it was too small. Next meet got an inzer and it was worse than the Titan. I found a place locally that sells singlets. They order direct from manufacturers to make custom stuff for local school sports teams. So they had a bunch of brands and sizes on hand to try on. It was the best way I found to get a good fitting singlet.

For those buying custom directly from the manufacturer be aware that if you compete in an IPF affiliate, the singlet must be branded by a supplier on their approved list. http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadmin/ipf/data/rules/approved-list/IPFV3.1_final_Approved_List_01.01.2015.pdf

Regardless of the fact that Inzer singlets are Matman with the Inzer logo, it would have to be branded Inzer.

I’ve seen the SBD ones on a lot of tall guys. You might want to check those out.