Too Nice

[quote]Mr. Push Ups wrote:
(((((((((((AHA))))))))))))
Have no fear, “Mr. In your Face” is here

I like to make loud entrences and get attention when I walk in a room. If I get booed. Fuck Em’. I’m the only person that will have to live with the regret that I didn’t do or say what I realy wanted to. Thats probably why I’m one of the loudest on this site, if not the loudest.

“The only thing you have to fear is fear itself”, no truer words have ever been spoken.

Speak your mind brother. You will have 1 million enemies & 1 million friends. But the only one that counts is you. Do you regret not saying how you felt? Do you regret not doing what you really wanted to do? Don’t live a life of regret, it’s worse than being a loser.

The only reason you feel you are to nice is because you are afriad to speak your mind and have others judge you for doing so. Brother you don’t have to say a word for the rest of your life, and people will still judge you daily. Just by the way you look, walk, eat, sneeze, fart, take a dump 6 times a day.

Fear isn’t your enemy, its actualy your best friend. It lets you know when you want to voice or take action in something. You should follow your fear and conquer it. Thats pretty much the purpose of life right there; to test yourself.

If you’re not testing yourself everday, you’re not realy livin’. How are you gonna go out like that on your death bed? How can you die, you never really lived?

I say get a grip and tell someone off right now. Someone who you know needs a compliment or your opinion on what you think. You matter man. You’re only being too nice in fear of what others will think of you if you were yourself.

Most people are afraid to speak thier mind. They know the hammer is coming right down on top of them if they do. I say never do this. Let the hammer fall and when it does, grab it and smack them upside the head with it.

Ain’t nobody gonna give a shit what you did or said 100 years from now when your dead; neither will you, you’ll be dead. hah! But I guarentee you this, you will know how you feel about it everyday that you are alive. You only live once and get one shot to be heard. There’s plenty of time for silence when you’re dead, you’ll have an eternity of it.

Speak up now, or forever hold your tongue.

Too Nice pffft! Thats the same type of excuse that ugly people use, when they say looks don’t matter its the person inside that matters. Of course it matters, if it didn’t we would all look the same. The same goes for being to afraid, not nice. We’re all nice, but being brave isn’t always nice. It comes from the heart. Take a stand, and stay your ground. Go down fighting.

“To sin in silence, makes cowards of men.”

• The loudest man you’ve ever heard[/quote]

Valar, remember what I said about standing for something, and just being a dick?

Well here is your example. He stands for nothing, and is just a dick to annoy people on the internet. This is what you don’t want to be.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Mr. Push Up should be renamed to Mr. Cliche. I don’t think you can jam more cliches into one post.

DB[/quote]

I got 100 more, i like em’. I didn’t really have time to use as many as I wanted. Sometimes they illustrate the point.

I’m going to do that in this thread. I’m going to prove to this kid that his thoughts matter. No matter what anybody else thinks. watch the hammer come down on me for my thoughts. I like drastic situations. And this one could turn drastic. I like a challange. Keeping your mouth shut, is like holding in a fart.

The hammer should fall harder on noone other than myself, and watch how easily it is to defend myself with my type of attitude. You cannot fear anyone, ever! To get what you really want out of life.

You will never get the girl, you will never find total content with fear.

One last cliche.
“Its better to swallow blood than pride.”

• I have much stamina, keep em’ coming.

It’s hard to really judge the severity of your “problem” from an internet post, but if it’s just being non-confrontational I wouldn’t worry about it. If you’re getting pushed around all the time you might want to change, but otherwise these dudes saying you should jump peoples’ asses all the time if you don’t agree with them probably don’t have very good social lives/arrest records.

But then again, I chose “Melvin Smiley” as my screenname for a reason (if any of you are familiar with “The Big Hit”)

Thanks a lot guys for the replies thus far. I was reluctant to even post this because I thought that I would get flamed about being a pussy or something, so i’m gratefull no one did that.

I think a big part of my problem is that I used to be fat when I was younger. I still had plenty of friends, but I was reluctant to speak up or get into disagreements becuase I thought people might use the fact that I was a little overweight against me, as well as attracting attention to myself, becuase as a fatty, you don’t generally want to be looked at a lot, if you get what im saying. Now, 70 pounds later, I still have body image problems. Although everyone I know says im not fat, I still think, psychologically that im kind of fat. I lost the weight only around almost 2 years ago, so it wasnt a long time ago.

Maybe im completely wrong, but its a possibility I thought up of why I might be like that.

Again, I thank anyone who chimed in here, lots of good replies from everyone.

i hear you brother

i have been there and i am sure this is a simple case of self-esteem.

Once you get the self-esteem up everything will get back to normal.
Am i right when i say you are pretty much a social camelleon? Blending into people ideas and world all the time.

If this is the case i will tell you what i did. I hope it works for you.

• Have a dream, goals

thats it
i beleave once you have a goal in life and beleave you can make it happen, everything else will fall in quite nicely.

[quote]Valar Morghulis wrote:

I think a big part of my problem is that I used to be fat when I was younger. I still had plenty of friends, but I was reluctant to speak up or get into disagreements becuase I thought people might use the fact that I was a little overweight against me, as well as attracting attention to myself, becuase as a fatty, you don’t generally want to be looked at a lot, if you get what im saying. [/quote]

Yep,

America, “Land of the free and home of the insult”

Fuck Em’ Bro!

If your 5’6", stand up 6’5".

If you don’t learn one thing from this thread, learn this. People give insults and put down other people based on thier own insecurities and short commings. People Like “Fightin’Irish” do this alot. We don’t need to know anyhing about them, but they’re telling you everything. Then there are people that don’t care what anyone says or thinks about them, and take insults very well and can actualy laugh at themselves. Those people have a very high self worth, self image, confidence and self control. People like me. I don’t need to tell you anything about my life, but I’m showin’ you everything. This kind of condidence, pride, charisma, humor, intellegence…whatever you want to call it comes from experience. You have to create real life situations and have had success in order to create this kind of personality. Open minded and outgoing people have alot of success. Most shy introverted people never have alot of success or social acceptance. You have to take the bad with the good. You have to be willing to fail in order to win. In a sense you have to be willing to die to really live. You have to put your ass on the line sometimes.

Example:
Fat overweight kid goes to a party. Walks in the door and sees someone he wants to talk to.

Option A:
Walk over to her and talk to her.

Option B:
Walk away from her and sit down somewhere where you can just observe her.

Option C:
Run back out the door, go home and yap your cousins ear off all night about how you wish you could have said something to her.

Now there are 3 types of people in life.

A- “those that make things happen”- ME

…I would have walked up to the girl and tried to lick the side of her face if she gave me an inviting look when I looked at her. If not I would have went straight to my next move which would have went to look right inside her soul with my eyes and let her know who I am. I have arrived and I’ll be back after I finsh my beer. A girl knows within 5 seconds after meeting you, whether or not she’ll give you a chance. Why waste time? Lets find out.

B- “those that watch things happen”, this is your typical person without enough confidence that will just let the situation play itself out.

Maybe she notices you, maybe she don’t. Maybe you can wink at her from a distance and make eye contact. Maybe she’ll just magicaly know that you want her and will waltz over to you. This is your WOULDA,COULDA,SHOULDA typical person that just settles for whatever life throws at them. Sometimes they upgrade, sometimes they downgrade, but they never truely get what they want out of life. Why? They’re not that lucky? So they learn to accept what life has to offer for free. Kinda like livin your dreams thru a rockstar on tv. They’re gettin’ the life. your gettin betty from kinko’s and pretending its Jessica Alba.

C- “those that wonder what the hell happened” - Maybe you, I dunno

This person is the introvert who can’t control a conversation, he doesn’t know how to get what he wants. hes afraid. he’s afraid that people won’t accept him. he’ feels useless and worthless and won’t voice his opinion. He won’t be heard. Nobody even knows who he is. He’s invisible to society. At work, he’s just a statisic, not a well known guy. He may be the outcast of his family for simply not taking control of what put him there in the first place.

IT’s All about ACTION!

You have to take action, to get action. Its all about eliciting a response. Whether its good or bad. You may want to charm someone or piss them off. The social intellect knows how to do both. He knows what buttons to push. What key phrase words to use. You have to be able to flirt, frustrate, find humor, find emotion in all types of interactions.

There is no better way to develope this than ACTION!

Speaking of Action. I have some real action to do myself. This is my quiet time on the net. The rest of my life is chaos. Work, women, family. I like to vent on here.

Kudos to you for coming out and announcing your shy, fear of confrontation.

You’ve passed step one.
Keep moving towards your goal and you’ll reach it.

Peace

i like your explanation Mr Push Up

i think you should get down to the basics first.The boy should learn things like self confidence, a positive outlook on life and such.
Work on your self, get to know yourself,your limits, everything. When you can look at yourself criticaly your will learn to control your emotions and then your gold.

Just remember that the whole point of failing is to learn from it.

Stay Strong!