Too Much?

This is my first time designing a training program for a specific goal on a specific date. I’m training for the military. I’ve been doing 5/3/1 for 2 years now, however I have to get my strength and conditioning in military specific exercises up to par quickly, while gaining general strength in the upper and lower body. Here’s what I have in mind:

Day 1:

AM: Light cardio

PM: Box squat 3x3
Push Press 3x3
Deadlift 1x5

Day 2: Military specific training

AM: 2 mile run

PM: CT’s “keep your chin up” program (my chin numbers suck)
100 total situps
100 total pushups

Day 3:

AM: light cardio

PM: Zercher squat 3x3
High pull 3x3
Incline bench 3x3

Day 4:

*Same as day 2

Day 5:

*Same as day 1

Day 6:

*Same as day 2

Day 7:

Rest

Is such a routine bound to lead to structural imbalances that could lead to injury? That is my largest concern. Or perhaps too much shoulder/elbow/spinal loading?

you need some rows in there man

I don’t know what you’re gonna be doing on your military specific day, but I’d put a little more emphasis on increasing your work capacity and endurance. HIIT, circuits with compound movements, hill sprints, loaded carries etc.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
you need some rows in there man[/quote]

I’m doing them every chinning day (3x a week). Plus band pull aparts and the sheer volume of chins, I think my pulling should be covered lol :wink:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
I don’t know what you’re gonna be doing on your military specific day, but I’d put a little more emphasis on increasing your work capacity and endurance. HIIT, circuits with compound movements, hill sprints, loaded carries etc. [/quote]

I’m doing these on the military specific days, as listed above:

2 mile run

CT’s “keep your chin up” program (my chin numbers suck)
100 total situps
100 total pushups

I probably just set it up wrong so it looked confusing.

I think you could add even more if you wanted. The only way to tell if this is too much or not is to try it, see how you feel during and after and if results are coming or not. All in all I think you’ll be fine.

[quote]forbes wrote:

I don’t know what you’re gonna be doing on your military specific day, but I’d put a little more emphasis on increasing your work capacity and endurance. HIIT, circuits with compound movements, hill sprints, loaded carries etc. [/quote]

2 mile run

100 total situps
100 total pushups

I probably just set it up wrong so it looked confusing. [/quote]

I still say you need more work capacity stuff in there

[quote]forbes wrote:

2 mile run

100 total situps
100 total pushups

I probably just set it up wrong so it looked confusing. [/quote]

I still say you need more work capacity stuff in there[/quote]

It was amazing. Today after my main strength movements, I added a 30 pound back pack and went on the elliptical. At first I thought it wouldn’t be that much more difficult than unweighted, but I was wrong. My legs were on fire and I was huffing and puffing. I’ll do that for a week then jump up to 45 pounds.