Too Much Squatting?

Monday: Handstand Practice (5 to 10 minutes), 5 x 2 Clean and Jerk (squat clean), 3 x 5 Back Squat (Low Bar), Metcon (short, heavy, from 5 to 10 minutes long)

Tuesday: Front Lever Practice (5 to 10 minutes), 5 x 2 Snatch, 3 x 5 Overhead Squat, Metcon (short, heavy, from 5 to 10 minutes long)

Wednesday: Handstand Practice (5 to 10 minutes), 7 x 1 Clean and Jerk (squat clean), 3 x 5 Front Squat (clean grip), 1 x 5 Deadlift, 3 x 5 Weighted Pull-ups

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Front Lever Practice (5 to 10 minutes), 7 x 1 Snatch, 3 x 5 Press, 3 x 5 Back Squat, Metcon (short, heavy, from 5 to 10 minutes long)

Saturday: whatever/optional/rest/5 minutes of long cycle kettlebell clean and jerk (Giveroy Sport style)

Sunday: Rest

I was just looking back on my program and I realizes that about 75% of my program is squatting. Is this too much? Also every 6 weeks I cut the reps to 3 x 3 for all the strength training exercises (not Olympic lifts and deadlifts being an exception of 1 x 3). I also warm up on my gymnastics rings and do some oly drills before I start my workout and as a cool down I do some light pre-hab for my posterior chain.

Is it too much? For what goals?

Well most guys would look to vary the workout. yours seem too repetitive. you’re sort of working out the same muscles again and again.

Add variation to your routine. By no means am I saying that you should eliminate squats, its just that you could still make ‘all kinds of gains’ with different exercises. i.e on leg day, you could add more demanding exercises such as Lunges.

Just take the advice from the T-Nation members, they should give you a good review of this routine.

Enjoy

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Is it too much? For what goals?[/quote]
For basic fitness and strength/power

No, and I’ll tell you why:
Different loads and intensities!

Monday - back squat, heaviest, only 15 reps

Tuesday - Overhead squat, lightest, perhaps technically the most challenging, only 15 reps

Wednesday - Front squat, medium weight, easy on the posterior chain, only 15 reps

Thursday - rest.

Friday - back squat, heaviest, only 15 reps.

Thats only 60 working reps a week (squat cleans don’t count), and unless you are using 500lb+, it’s not really that much

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
No, and I’ll tell you why:
Different loads and intensities!

Monday - back squat, heaviest, only 15 reps

Tuesday - Overhead squat, lightest, perhaps technically the most challenging, only 15 reps

Wednesday - Front squat, medium weight, easy on the posterior chain, only 15 reps

Thursday - rest.

Friday - back squat, heaviest, only 15 reps.

Thats only 60 working reps a week (squat cleans don’t count), and unless you are using 500lb+, it’s not really that much[/quote]
Thanks I’ll adjust my intensities immediately!